Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fights in Niteclubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

There is a strong odour of faeces in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Drink + testosterone = stupid people.

Alcohol and oestrogen aren't the greatest mix either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

What?

Barrel chested simian-like goon,shouldered me aside at the bar in a well known night club recently.

Sharp elbow into the bridge of his nose dropped him in a bleeding heap sharpish.

That doesn't make me a knacker friend?

A fella once bumped into me in a nightclub. I looked at him, he dropped.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

NothingMan wrote: »
    Or watches too much Scooby Doo?

ZOIKS!!! My secrets out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Sarcasm? I am familar with it's bitter taste

Really, say it aint so! :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

True story.

Fella once looked at me, I dropped him, he bumped, true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

True story.

Explain that one to us in more detail Leif.

Maybe the whiff of damp papyrus has got your logic in a twist, but I think you need to expand on that post.

Maybe you think what I posted didn't happen. Is that it?

No problem ,you are entitled to your opinion,just to say that you just have to accept what I say happened.

Did not big it up, or boast, just pure reportage pal;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

OisinT wrote: »
    Genuinely, elbowing someone in the nose is extremely dangerous. Is it worth it?
    One minute you're a knacker getting in fights because someone knocked your pint on the ground and the next you're in mountjoy for a few years getting bummed by some heroin addict. Enjoy your fights idiots! :D

Why is it dangerous? The nose bone into the brain thing is a ****ing myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...but cracking the back of your skull off the ground, isn't dangerous?

Noone has died from that, right? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kilkenny_kid

I reckon they are getting nowhere with jizz spraying so they start fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

**Vai** wrote: »
    One of the many reasons I dont go to clubs anymore! Have been hearing stories of girls getting smacked by lads in clubs over the past few weeks. Fairly disgusting stuff.

What's wrong with that? How do you know the girl didn't hit the bloke first? I don't get this perception that you can't hit women, don't hit them first (You shouldn't hit anyone first in my eyes) but if a woman hits you, why is it frowned upon to hit her back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

saw a fella in the gpo last night on the dancefloor getting 3 or 4 punches to the face, yer man was locked off his head and couldn't defend himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

There's a dancefloor in the GPO now? :eek:

So you can have a bop while collecting your dole no doubt!

When will this government stop been so cushy on benefit spongers? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

mink_man wrote: »
    saw a fella in the gpo last night on the dancefloor getting 3 or 4 punches to the face, yer man was locked off his head and couldn't defend himself.

Wont be buying my stamps in there anymore.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Ive never been in a fight in a nightclub..ever.

I walk away, i wont lower myself to getting in brawls in pubs or night clubs, ive been around them with some friends, but i merely laugh at them and tell them to cop themselves on.

OK, i have been in "rows" in nightclubs, but that was in the context ofg working as a bouncer, and they tended not to last long, generally the closest opening in the wall i could find for our overly bousterous patron and it was over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

OutlawPete wrote: »
    There's a dancefloor in the GPO now? :eek:

So you can have a bop while collecting your dole no doubt!

When will this government stop been so cushy on benefit spongers? :mad:
    pebbles21 wrote: »
    Wont be buying my stamps in there anymore.:eek:

ye obviously have never been to galway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That was a waste of 5 minutes.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I'm not going to be judgemental, but I think that people who get involved in fights in nightclubs must be really trusting of the people they're fighting against, because they have no idea if they have a knife or bottle or what they might pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Connie_c28

I find it shocking the amount of girls that get into fights too on nights out. Can never understand why after spending ages to go out looking well only to end the night fighting!
    A friend of mine is a secondary school teacher and one night while we were out we bumped into a couple of her students, one of who decided to try start a fight on her!! We ended up leaving over them...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

mink_man wrote: »
    ye obviously have never been to galway ;)
    Who would want to go to Galway? :P

You cant beat watching an auld scrap in a nightclub for a a bit of entertainment though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

You cant beat watching an auld scrap in a nightclub for a a bit of entertainment though! :D

It's all fun and games until someone gets knocked into you though, and you lose an eye! Or worse still, your pint. :mad:

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    It's all fun and games until someone gets knocked into you though, and you lose an eye! Or worse still, your pint. :mad:

The trick is to get a good vantage point, close enough to see the action but not so close enough as to get dragged into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Zulu wrote: »
    ...but cracking the back of your skull off the ground, isn't dangerous?

Noone has died from that, right? :rolleyes:

this is the thing. if most people in a drunken haze were able to bear this in mind then there would be less fights.

i suspect the guy who punched that eirebhoy dude probably regrets doing so now. along with others whose response to their pride being dented has landed them in jail for manslaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

In Coppers a couple of years ago and saw one guy punch another guy on the dancefloor. Which was packed to capacity, All Ireland weekend.
    The "receiver" hit the deck, the "deliverer" just walked off the dance floor.
    The "receiver" stood up, had a look around and punched some stranger beside him, who promptly punched him back and and down he went again.....much to the amusement of all around him who continued to dance around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I havent seen a fight in a niteclub in years, but its probably more got to do with the fact I dont head out as much as I used to.

The worst I've seen was more a riot than a fight. It was in The Ark in Dundalk, but its now called Silence I think. The whole place erupted and as I made my way to the exit, and looked behind at all the mayhem, I seen a stool flying threw the air and one of the bouncers got shot that night aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

OisinT wrote: »
    Who would want to go to Galway? :P

The smart ones. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Could never understand the need to start fights tbh, young lads surrounded by woman and the first thing they do is get stuck into another lad... they should be out shifting young wans.

In all honesty though, with all the stories of people getting hit and braining themselves on the pavement you think peolple would learn not to be boxing each other, you could easily ruin your life and someone elses with one punch! spose its not always an option to "just walk away" though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I was in a nightclub once when I slipped over some spilt Stella on the ground, I accidently bumped into the back of some young gent, as I began to apologize to him I got a sharp elbow into the bridge of my nose which dropped me in a bleeding heap sharpish... the young man retorted to my apology in the third person and said "Get the Flutt out of here sharpish!" :(:(:(:(:(:(

I can tell you it wasnt Flutt so!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

**Vai** wrote: »
    One of the many reasons I dont go to clubs anymore! Have been hearing stories of girls getting smacked by lads in clubs over the past few weeks. Fairly disgusting stuff.

Equal opportunities tbf

The way girls carry on in nightclubs is terrible, because they think/know they'll get away with it. If anyone has ever worn a hat/badge/tie or similar accessory they'll know what I mean, you always get a girl coming up to you asking if they can take it off you, with the attitude that they have a god given right to it.

I got in a bit of a scrap with one a couple weeks ago when she started slapping my friend around the face a few times, so I threw an ice cube at her and told her to piss off and not hit my mates. Cue her and her friends screaming at me for ten minutes calling me a woman beater, because apparently throwing an ice cube at someone is worse than slapping them in the face 3 or 4 times. Aye right, jog on missy. And of course because clubs are full of arseholes who will do anything for the ride, you get a load of white knights believing anything a girl tells them and stepping in.