Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fights in Niteclubs...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Didn't know who he was dealing with, unfortunately for him.

I am not generally an aggressive person.

Sounds fairly aggressive to me, and would the Bantam in your username refer to Bantamweight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Einstein wrote: »
    /group hug:p

Sure:D

Did not take umbrage with your justified criticism, just outlining the facts.

That's how these fights occur in chippers and nightclubs.

Some well tanked testosterone fueled lads queue, and some more testosterone fueled lads try to jump the queue- recipe for trouble.

Every weekend night it happens.

Just want to put on record that I am not proud of my actions, could have ended up in the chokey if things went pear shaped.

Would always recommend the advice given here, don't over react.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

So me and the gang were in Alchemy on saturday nite and out of all the times we've been there there have never been fights....

I think anyone who starts any sentence with this information listens to far too much rap music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

FlutterinBanthum why are you going all soft for. Just coz a few people didnt agree with your Response When some ****Head gossles you out of the way for no reason.
    My point is Id of done the exact same thing- Why should you let some Cocky prick/stranger get 1 over on you ?? Put it this way He wont do it again in a hurry
    On a different note... Where is this Niteclub Alchemy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I see fights happen all the time and I find it incredibly annoying, it usually ruins what was otherwise a good night. Normally if some scumbag knocks my pint or tries to jump me in queue I'll give him a bollockin and tell him to mind his manners. You'd be surprised how often they suddenly realise they're not the hardasses they thought they were.

Then again one or two especially fine samples have tried to tear into me a couple of times but usually a couple of mates will drag him away and send him on his way.

Don't think I've ever been in an actual proper fight on a night out, nor would I want to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Just stick to coppers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

SIX PACK wrote: »
    FlutterinBanthum why are you going all soft for. Just coz a few people didnt agree with your Response When some ****Head gossles you out of the way for no reason.
    My point is Id of done the exact same thing- Why should you let some Cocky prick/stranger get 1 over on you ?? Put it this way He wont do it again in a hurry

Sixer, I wasn't trying to big myself up with that account, and people I respect on Boards rightly criticised me for my actions.

Now on the night I was as thick as hammered shíte and took drastic action,but in fairness, that would not be my normal behaviour.

So sorry for going a bit soft, but i will always admit mistakes if i make them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The girlfriend was in her local country night club* a few months back when one fella decided to drive a pint glass into another guys neck! She said it was horrific - blood squirted!! They closed the club an hour early while two nurses who were out clubbing tended to him til an ambulance got there

*no bouncers! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Fights happen all the time in the real world. Alcohol is often involved. As long as no one was badly injured, the world moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I used to work in a night club before so I've seen my fair share of fights, including one where two guys were really, really going at it quite violently. I was as dumbstruck as the other patrons at the sheer brutality of the fight but quickly enough pointed out the chaos to the manager and bouncers behind me.

One time at a 21st, I looked at some overly drunk guy the wrong way and he started to shove me and push me, obviously looking for a fight. Thank god I wasn't drinking that night and I just walked away, I knew it wasn't worth it.

That being said, when my family heard about this, they were looking for details to kick this guys ass! Er, no. The idiot was drunk, was probably in a bad mood and was probably looking at a way to take out his frustrations, he didn't even know me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

My point is Id of done the exact same thing- Why should you let some Cocky prick/stranger get 1 over on you ?? Put it this way He wont do it again in a hurry On a different note... Where is this Niteclub Alchemy
    Maybe because you get a lot more respect from people if you laugh it off and drop the macho bullsh*t?

And that Alchemy place is on Fleet Street in TempleBar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Sorry, FB. One doesn't use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

It's especially silly in a club where said simian goon may have many onlooking friends.

Unusually well observed Roundy...you must be sober for once !

Glad to see you got rid of that stupid Munster sig....

Not a great one to have these days.......hmmmmm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I think anyone who starts any sentence with this information listens to far too much rap music

I never listen to wrap, hate it, i'm more a cheesy 80's guy............ which could probably apply to your statement too lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

darragh16 wrote: »
    Just stick to coppers....

Cant stand coppers, if i wanted not to be able to move anywhere and que 30 mins for a drink i'd prob go there, but i dont want that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Look I respect your opinion,but this dude didn't just 'shove past'.Far from it.

Deliberately dropped the shoulder into the back of the Flutt, who was holding a pint of Stella,which ended on the floor.

Now I was fairly kettled, but do not use that as an excuse.

Just saying what happened.It was an instinctive reaction.

I would never start a fight just for the fun of it.

Never.

Gotta back the Flut up on this one. Shouldering someone out of the way is an act of aggression, don't dish it out if you can't take it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

One night while out in a club this fella stood on my foot so I broke his nose with a box.

Actually come to think of it, I wasn't in a club and it was wind that I broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Only ever saw that once, and the guy throwing the punch regretted it fairly rapidly, a swarm of blokes jumped on him. I dont get it at all, it ruins loads of people nites cause theres always bystanders getting caught in the way, or in some cases the music gets turned off and it just puts people in a fowl mood.
    I always keep well away from trouble meself, I s'pose I'm a bit of a chicken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Roundy, I totally acknowledge your input and of course you are dead right.

I was extremely stupid,but I was well bottled, and not in full control.

That's how these rows happen, normally well behaved punters like myself and others get a bit 'ripped' and act out of character.

That's what I did, wouldn't condone it at all.

This cookie was a total spanner and when the Stella hit the boards I reacted.

Luckily wasn't charged for assault as you say.

Your man was carted off, but I don't know the final outcome.

You should have knifed him after dropping him. Then dragged his bleeding ass outside and set fire to him and pushed his screaming, burning hide under a passing bus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Anyone who gets in fights in nightclubs or otherwise is an idiot and an idiot with no class IMO. It's not cool or tough, it's ridiculous. DIAF

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tomplaya

whats the matter!!!??? .......... .. you chicken!!!???

• Advertisement

Dude, people are just pointing out that elbowing a guy in the face is a bit of an overreaction to being jostled by some ignorant slob. Let's just say the slob either did it on purpose or did it by accident. Initial reaction ought to be "Hey, moron. Take it easy. You just knocked my fücking pint to the floor!"
    One of a few things will then follow. Either he'll apologise and offer to replace the pint or he'll gaze glassy-eyed at you beaming like a drunken simpleton not comprehending the world around him as a result of his intoxication or he'll push his luck and tell you to fück off. At this point you can just call him a stupid, ignorant cünt and let it go or you can give him a nice firm punch in the guts to knock the wind out of him. He'll survive. But lamping him across the bridge of the nose is a bit extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Dude, people are just pointing out that elbowing a guy in the face is a bit of an overreaction to being jostled by some ignorant slob. Let's just say the slob either did it on purpose or did it by accident. Initial reaction ought to be "Hey, moron. Take it easy. You just knocked my fücking pint to the floor!"
    One of a few things will then follow. Either he'll apologise and offer to replace the pint or he'll gaze glassy-eyed at you beaming like a drunken simpleton not comprehending the world around him as a result of his intoxication or he'll push his luck and tell you to fück off. At this point you can just call him a stupid, ignorant cünt and let it go or you can give him a nice firm punch in the guts to knock the wind out of him. He'll survive. But lamping him across the bridge of the nose is a bit extreme.
    Genuinely, elbowing someone in the nose is extremely dangerous. Is it worth it?
    One minute you're a knacker getting in fights because someone knocked your pint on the ground and the next you're in mountjoy for a few years getting bummed by some heroin addict. Enjoy your fights idiots! :D

Was the chicken reference a subtle pun for what Anthonyk.is wrote:

"....it just puts people in a fowl mood."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Some knacker knocks you out of the way spilling your pint, mention it to security. Let it be their problem.

Most people look upon individuals that elbow others in the face with disdain & disgust not admiration. ...at least anyone I'd care to assiocate with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

The first rule of Nightclub is: You do not buy cocktails.

The second rule of Nightclub is: YOU DO NOT BUY COCKTAILS!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Look I respect your opinion,but this dude didn't just 'shove past'.Far from it.

Deliberately dropped the shoulder into the back of the Flutt, who was holding a pint of Stella,which ended on the floor.

Now I was fairly kettled, but do not use that as an excuse.

Just saying what happened.It was an instinctive reaction.

I would never start a fight just for the fun of it.

Never.
    Stop talking in 3rd person will you please.

I dont believe any of this happened also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I was in a nightclub once when I slipped over some spilt Stella on the ground, I accidently bumped into the back of some young gent, as I began to apologize to him I got a sharp elbow into the bridge of my nose which dropped me in a bleeding heap sharpish... the young man retorted to my apology in the third person and said "Get the Flutt out of here sharpish!" :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

I was in a nightclub once when I slipped over some spilt Stella on the ground, I accidently bumped into the back of some young gent, as I began to apologize to him I got a sharp elbow into the bridge of my nose which dropped me in a bleeding heap sharpish... the young man retorted to my apology in the third person and said "Get the Flutt out of here sharpish!" :(:(:(:(:(:(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAH

HA
    HA

HA

HA HA

HA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAH

HA
    HA

HA

HA HA

HA

Sarcasm? I am familar with it's bitter taste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Or watches too much Scooby Doo?

Advertisement