Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fights in Niteclubs...

Options
  • 04-10-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

So me and the gang were in Alchemy on saturday nite and out of all the times we've been there there have never been fights.... But on this particular nite there were 3 seperate incidents.
    I know that people have rows and get angry but I could never figure out why people bother to start throwin swings IN the club, anyone with a brain knows that its only gonna be a matter of seconds until the bouncers come over and either break it up and throw you out, or theyre gonna kick the crap out of you, depending on the bouncer. Just seems to me like it a complete waste of time and effort starting a fight in a club...

Whats peoples opinions on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

One of the many reasons I dont go to clubs anymore! Have been hearing stories of girls getting smacked by lads in clubs over the past few weeks. Fairly disgusting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gary223

Anyone who starts a fight in a nightclub is a trouble making knacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

So me and the gang were in Alchemy on saturday nite and out of all the times we've been there there have never been fights.... But on this particular nite there were 3 seperate incidents.
    I know that people have rows and get angry but I could never figure out why people bother to start throwin swings IN the club, anyone with a brain knows that its only gonna be a matter of seconds until the bouncers come over and either break it up and throw you out, or theyre gonna kick the crap out of you, depending on the bouncer. Just seems to me like it a complete waste of time and effort starting a fight in a club...

solved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Drink + testosterone = stupid people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

**Vai** wrote: »
    One of the many reasons I dont go to clubs anymore! Have been hearing stories of girls getting smacked by lads in clubs over the past few weeks. Fairly disgusting stuff.

Only ever saw that once, and the guy throwing the punch regretted it fairly rapidly, a swarm of blokes jumped on him. I dont get it at all, it ruins loads of people nites cause theres always bystanders getting caught in the way, or in some cases the music gets turned off and it just puts people in a fowl mood.

The crowd in Alchemy are usually grand and monitored very efficiantly by the security. But for some reason the place was full of scumbags on sat. Hopefully it wont be a recurring thing cause its a savage club!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

work in a club for the last 2 years, only seen a fella hit a girl once, long time ago, your man was a mental tho and aparrently the girl egged him on, no ecvuse but i dont know of guys recently starting to hit girls on nights out, and yes starting a fight in a club is a very stupid thing as the bouncers will be there in seconds, but hey hasnt stopped me before haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

gary223 wrote: »
    Anyone who starts a fight in a nightclub is a trouble making knacker.

:eek:

What?

Barrel chested simian-like goon,shouldered me aside at the bar in a well known night club recently.

Sharp elbow into the bridge of his nose dropped him in a bleeding heap sharpish.

That doesn't make me a knacker friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

What?

Barrel chested simian-like goon,shouldered me aside at the bar in a well known night club recently.

Sharp elbow into the bridge of his nose dropped him in a bleeding heap sharpish.

more of a scumbag imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fites in Niteclubs?

Fyffes in Nightclubs is more my scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

What?

Makes ye guilty of assault though...why bother lettin someone like that get to ye ? Laugh at him and let him be on his way. Far more important things to worry about...

(that is of course if it actually happened)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

A few of my friends were in Alchemy last Saturday night, they never mentioned any trouble though. I've never noticed anything getting out of hand in there myself, but do know that there have been dozens of complaints regarding their door policy over the last few weeks. Perhaps they took heed, relaxed the security and as a result there was a bit of hassle.

Who knows. Sometimes these things just happen, it's usually just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Einstein wrote: »
    Makes ye guilty of assault though...why bother lettin someone like that get to ye ? Laugh at him and let him be on his way. Far more important things to worry about...

(that is of course if it actually happened)

:confused:

The Flutther tells it as it is pal.

If you think that's fiction:fine by me.

Good man yourself.

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    A few of my friends were in Alchemy last Saturday night, they never mentioned any trouble though. I've never noticed anything getting out of hand in there myself, but do know that there have been dozens of complaints regarding their door policy over the last few weeks. Perhaps they took heed, relaxed the security and as a result there was a bit of hassle.

Who knows. Sometimes these things just happen, it's usually just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'd say they were probably told to let more people in to make more money and they result is scumbags!! As I said, hope its not a recurring thing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What?

That doesn't make me a knacker friend?[/QUOTE]

Fella bumped into you = you broke his nose.... over react much?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Never been in a fight in one, but, I've been bottled in a night club though.

And my brother got a hit off some lad who had brass knuckles.

ShamoBuc wrote: »

What?

That doesn't make me a knacker friend?[/QUOTE]

Fella bumped into you = you broke his nose.... over react much?

No no no... I said "shouldered me aside"...like dropped the shoulder and motored through me to the bar.

Totally deliberate and calculated.

Didn't know who he was dealing with, unfortunately for him.

I am not generally an aggressive person.

:confused:

The Flutther tells it as it is pal.

If you think that's fiction:fine by me.

Good man yourself.

Then the flutter is indeed a knacker.

Assaulting people because they shoved past you is immature.

Any respect I had for you and your posts in the 5 years I've been on this board has diminished in the space of 2 posts.

Although I still don't really believe you did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What?

I thought you were going to post about how you dropped a bomb into his pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

What?

Thats pretty scummy tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

i agree op fighting inside nightclubs is stupid.
    most nightclubs are decked out in cctv,so your chances of gettiing caught are high.
    fight outside the nightclub thats where it's at!!;)

• Advertisement

i agree op fighting inside nightclubs is stupid.
    most nightclubs are decked out in cctv,so your chances of gettiing caught are high.
    fight outside the nightclub thats where it's at!!;)

Personally I wouldnt even bother outside the club, firstly because the chances are i'm gonna be hammered, and also god knows how many people could show up if you did decide to "take it outside"

Best off to just walk away and not let a good nite out be ruined

Then the flutter is indeed a knacker.

Assaulting people because they shoved past you is immature.

Any respect I had for you and your posts in the 5 years I've been on this board has diminished in the space of 2 posts.

Although I still don't really believe you did it.

Look I respect your opinion,but this dude didn't just 'shove past'.Far from it.

Deliberately dropped the shoulder into the back of the Flutt, who was holding a pint of Stella,which ended on the floor.

Now I was fairly kettled, but do not use that as an excuse.

Just saying what happened.It was an instinctive reaction.

I would never start a fight just for the fun of it.

Never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Sorry, FB. One doesn't use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

It's especially silly in a club where said simian goon may have many onlooking friends.

What?

Maybe the guy did deserve a reaction but i think YOUR reaction was well overboard, but at the end of the day i wasnt there so i cant really judge, i can just give my opinion on what is read here.

I'd never do anything in a niteclub that will draw bad attention for the security, even if someone deserved a smack or not.

Deliberately dropped the shoulder into the back of the Flutt, who was holding a pint of Stella,which ended on the floor.

Never.
    Everything can appear deliberate when kettled.

No chance the guy slipped, or tripped, or was fairly "kettled" himself?

Since you had your back to him there's no way you coulda been mistaken?

It's not in normal peoples natural reflexes to drop someone to the ground with an elbow to the nose is all...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Never.

Ok,after reading that I would have done the exact same thing.carry on sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

This is exactly why people start fights in clubs, they don't really want to fight, they just want to appear hard to 2 and half seconds.

Sorry, FB. One doesn't use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

It's especially silly in a club where said simian goon may have many onlooking friends.

Roundy, I totally acknowledge your input and of course you are dead right.

I was extremely stupid,but I was well bottled, and not in full control.

That's how these rows happen, normally well behaved punters like myself and others get a bit 'ripped' and act out of character.

That's what I did, wouldn't condone it at all.

This cookie was a total spanner and when the Stella hit the boards I reacted.

Luckily wasn't charged for assault as you say.

Your man was carted off, but I don't know the final outcome.

Everything can appear deliberate when kettled.

No chance the guy slipped, or tripped, or was fairly "kettled" himself?

Since you had your back to him there's no way you coulda been mistaken?

It's not in normal peoples natural reflexes to drop someone to the ground with an elbow to the nose is all...:confused:

I take your point,and I doubt very much that this guy tripped .

I was wrong to react as I did, it was stupid in the extreme, and you are right to criticise my actions.

You have made very good points, which I will take on board.

• Advertisement

I take your point,and I doubt very much that this guy tripped .

I was wrong to react as I did, it was stupid in the extreme, and you are right to criticise my actions.

You have made very good points, which I will take on board.

/group hug:p

Advertisement