Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNN journalist fired for telling the truth about the Jews

Options
  • 04-10-2010 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Rick Sanchez fired by CNN. On CNN, he hosted Rick's List and served as a contributor to Anderson Cooper 360° and CNN International, where he frequently reported and translated between English and Spanish. Sanchez was terminated from CNN on October 1, 2010.

On September 30, 2010, Sanchez was interviewed on Sirius XM's radio show Stand Up With Pete Dominick. Talking about Jim Stewart of the Daily show
    “ Yeah, very powerless people. [laughs] He's such a minority. I mean, you know, please. What—are you kidding? I'm telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart. And to imply that somehow they, the people in this country who are Jewish, are an oppressed minority?"

Anybody surprised?

Comments

Sorry now, and not to take from the thrust of your argument, but its john stewart..but in fairness, what did yer man expect..if they got rid of Helen Thomas last year for essentially speaking the truth too(she was sitting in the press room since before the white house was built like),what makes yer man think hed get away with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Are Jewish people considered to be an oppressed minority?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

He was fired for calling John Stewart a bigot.

You seemed to have excluded that part from your quote for some reason.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

reprazant wrote: »
    He was fired for calling John Stewart a bigot.

You seemed to have excluded that part from your quote for some reason.

Yeah right...

Bigots dominate the media. If you are non-bigot you are forbidden from mentioning the bigot run media, if you are a bigot you can glorify the bigot run media and the bigot defamation league don't bat an eye-lid. If you dare to mention the unmentionable then what you've mentioned is proven by the actions of the bigots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Sorry, I forgot that this was CT, where it seems it is perfectly fine to go on national radio, called someone a bigot and then say that the Jews control the media and that it is all the Jews fault that he felt prejudiced against. In no way should you get fired for that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Haven't looked at the link, but imo, its the singling out of ethnicity thats the problem.

Had he said that the media is run by the right/left wing, or is run by a neo-con agenda etc. I would say he would be fine. Its when you say run by Jews, you immediately conjure up images of some homogeneous, nefarious ethnic group, and lump all members of this ethnicity into that group.

Also, calling your boss a bigot is never going to go down to well.

yekahs wrote: »
    Haven't looked at the link, but imo, its the singling out of ethnicity thats the problem.

Had he said that the media is run by the right/left wing, or is run by a neo-con agenda etc. I would say he would be fine. Its when you say run by Jews, you immediately conjure up images of some homogeneous, nefarious ethnic group, and lump all members of this ethnicity into that group.

Also, calling your boss a bigot is never going to go down to well.

Here is a partial transcript which should help with the context.

Rick Sanchez: I don't think it's a conscious thing. I just think it's important that people who are not minorities understand that those of us who are – and very few of us will say the things that I just said – are actually more complex than they think we are.

Pete Dominick: [Jon] Stewart's a minority as much as you are. He's Jewish.

Sanchez: Yeah. Yeah. Very powerless people. Please. What are you, kidding?

Dominick: You're telling me that....

Sanchez: I'm telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart. And to imply that somehow they – the people in this country who are Jewish – are an oppressed minority? Yeah.

Sanchez is the son of working-class Cuban immigrants i.e. an oppressed minority. Stewart is the son of Jewish, middle-clash, white parents i.e. not oppressed. I think that is the key point Sanchez tries to raise.

I'd strongly suggest his card was marked from this moment.

Are Jewish people considered to be an oppressed minority?

Yeah and if you don't agree they destroy you.

reprazant wrote: »
    Sorry, I forgot that this was CT, where it seems it is perfectly fine to go on national radio, called someone a bigot and then say that the Jews control the media and that it is all the Jews fault that he felt prejudiced against. In no way should you get fired for that.

That is not what he actually said. He said middle class american Jews couldn't understand oppression, despite their victimhood claims. Otherwise he told the truth on something that is quite visible and easily verifiable that Jews are heavily over represented in the media. Nothing wrong with that at all in itself, much like there is nothing wrong with saying fast food industry is dominated by Kurds here. Its a demonstratable fact.

In fact the group who act most like there is something wrong with this situation is the Jewish directors and executives of the media groups who try to hide it and censor any talk of it like its a dirty secret for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Eh, am I really wrong in thinking that he was justifiably fired? I mean, if I started publically bad mouthing my company, they'd fire me. If I started publically bad mouthing specific people, or departments, they'd fire me.

It's moronic to keep someone like that involved in your organisation. It causes unrest amongst the other workers, competitors will see it as a sign of weakness, shareholders and investors will worry that the company isn't in control. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So BB and TMoreno, what do you think should be done to rectify this obviously dire situation?

King Mob wrote: »
    So BB and TMoreno, what do you think should be done to rectify this obviously dire situation?
    Perhaps you could rephrase your question without the sarcasm?

humanji wrote: »
    Eh, am I really wrong in thinking that he was justifiably fired? I mean, if I started publically bad mouthing my company, they'd fire me. If I started publically bad mouthing specific people, or departments, they'd fire me.

It's moronic to keep someone like that involved in your organisation. It causes unrest amongst the other workers, competitors will see it as a sign of weakness, shareholders and investors will worry that the company isn't in control. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

I get what you are saying but it can only be considered bad mouthing if you accept that Jewish dominace has negative implications.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

I get what you are saying but it can only be considered bad mouthing if you accept that Jewish dominace has negative implications.

Do you think Jews control the media? And actively consort with each other?

Perhaps you could rephrase your question without the sarcasm?

Well why not answer it instead of bitching about the inferred tone?
    Or would you prefer to dodge the question?

Well why not answer it instead of bitching about the inferred tone?
    Or would you prefer to dodge the question?

I'm more than happy to answer if you cut out the sarcasm and ask it in a civil and mature manner. Which you haven't done in the last 2 posts. Your call.

Di0genes wrote: »
    Do you think Jews control the media? And actively consort with each other?

I suggest you read this thread. I've already given my opinion on the matter.

I'm more than happy to answer if you cut out the sarcasm and ask it in a civil and mature manner. Which you haven't done in the last 2 posts. Your call.
    So then what do you suggest should be done about the Jews controlling the media?

So then what do you suggest should be done about the Jews controlling the media?

1. There is no issue with Jews influencing the US media. However, a a potential problem is Zionists, Jewish or otherwise who have no or a lesser loyalty to the US.

http://maxblumenthal.com/

What should be done:
    Transparency.
    Just that this fact shouldn't be off limits for debate thereby making people more aware of the fact which would in turn help the judge the material presented more accurately which hopefully would prevent some of them in the future from becoming sycophantic, bleating sheep brainwashed by their tv to become apologists for war crimes and humanitarian crimes.

1. There is no issue with Jews influencing the US media. However, a a potential problem is Zionists, Jewish or otherwise who have no or a lesser loyalty to the US.
    Except that's not what happened in the example given. It had nothing to do with Zionism, except of course it involved Jews.
    What should be done:
    Transparency.
    Just that this fact shouldn't be off limits for debate thereby making people more aware of the fact which would in turn help the judge the material presented more accurately which hopefully would prevent some of them in the future from becoming sycophantic, bleating sheep brainwashed by their tv to become apologists for war crimes and humanitarian crimes.
    So then which shows/channels should this apply to?
    How would you label these shows exactly?

Also maybe you should leave out the accusations of people being sheep since you refuse to answer questions that aren't "civil and mature".

• Advertisement

Except that's not what happened in the example given. It had nothing to do with Zionism, except of course it involved Jews.

Also maybe you should leave out the accusations of people being sheep since you refuse to answer questions that aren't "civil and mature".

Just a minute. Before we continue on with this witch hunt hows about you clarify if you agree or disagree with my statement. Namely:
    What should be done:
    Transparency.

Of course its working on the premise that Jewish people are heavily influential in the media industry in the US. I think only someone who is deeply ignorant would challenge that claim, which I don't believe you are.

Just a minute. Before we continue on with this witch hunt hows about you clarify if you agree or disagree with my statement. Namely:

Of course its working on the premise that Jewish people are heavily influential in the media industry in the US. I think only someone who is deeply ignorant would challenge that claim, which I don't believe you are.

And that premise has yet to actually be validated by you or anyone.
    Unless you're counting vague accusations based entirely on bigotry.

Either way it doesn't actually change what you think should be done, which leads back to two very simple questions:

And that premise has yet to actually be validated by you or anyone.
    Unless you're counting vague accusations based entirely on bigotry.

Here is two Jewish writers validating the claim.

Specific and I suppose these are anti-semitic Jews now in your expert opinion`? :rolleyes:

Ben Stein:
    http://www.rense.com/general21/bet.htm

Joel Stein:
    http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/19/opinion/oe-stein19
    Either way it doesn't actually change what you think should be done, which leads back to two very simple questions:

Do you agree with my statement on transparency or not?

Here is two Jewish writers validating the claim.

Specific and I suppose these are anti-semitic Jews now in your expert opinion`? :rolleyes:

Ben Stein:
    http://www.rense.com/general21/bet.htm

Joel Stein:
    http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/19/opinion/oe-stein19
    Well one is on rense therefore I'm not even going to bother.
    The other is the mainstream media, which you think the Jews control, Thus kinda disproving your point.
    Also he says that most movie producers are jewish, not that they exercise undue (or any) influence based on their ethnicity.
    Do you agree with my statement on transparency or not?
    No, because it's based on a premise that an ehtnic group is unduly controling the media, because they belong to that ethnic group.

But as I said this has no baring on what you exactly believe should be done.

So again:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Thats irrelevant. Whether there are jewish people working in the media or not, you have to show that there is a concerted organised attempt by these jews to infulence media.

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭TMoreno

They should all be arrested and judged for treason for what they did to the American people.
    Same thing for the Fed, Wall Street and the US Congress.

The truth will set you free.

TMoreno wrote: »
    They should all be arrested and judged for treason for what they did to the American people.
    Same thing for the Fed, Wall Street and the US Congress.

The truth will set you free.

Dude, you really really should stop and think about what you just said.

And by judged do you mean stand trial or would you prefer to do away with that little formality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Rick Sanchez is a tool. Stewart mocked him for being a tool and a useless journalist. And the fact that Sanchez referred to The Daily Show as the media really shows his jounralism integrity.

Dude, you really really should stop and think about what you just said.

And by judged do you mean stand trial or would you prefer to do away with that little formality?

FFS...Of course he doesn't mean that. WTF kind of judging usually follows the arrest for a crime?

I'm done engaging with you in this this thread,unless you change your tune - your clearly not interested in any kind of productive debate. Your trying to manipulate people into positions that they don't hold which I hope the moderators have taken notice of.

• Advertisement

FFS...Of course he doesn't mean that. WTF kind of judging usually follows the arrest for a crime?
    He's the one who wants them arrested and it's pretty clear that he's already decided that they are guilty (of something not specified) so it's a relevant question.
    I'm done engaging with you in this this thread,unless you change your tune - your clearly not interested in any kind of productive debate. Your trying to manipulate people into positions that they don't hold which I hope the moderators have taken notice of.
    I'm not manipulating anyone into anything, but I honestly can't see any answer you could possibly give that won't sound exactly like the reasoning the Nazis used.
    I was hoping you could give an answer that didn't but you seem far more interested in finding something you can throw a strop over and avoid any questions entirely.

Advertisement