Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 4 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Josh Scobee just kicked a 59 yard FG to win it for the Jaguars! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,886 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow what a kick from Josh Scobee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Tip drill INT in the Raiders game, cruel ending to a spirited fightback... shame.. and this is coming from a broncos fan

Edit: Holy sh*t, what a Field Goal! Such a way to win the match...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Nerves. Of. Steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

59 yards :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Wow @ Chargers defence tonight.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Wow @ Chargers defence tonight.

To be fair though, arizona are absolutely fecking dire, talk about how the mighty have fallen

spiralism wrote: »
    To be fair though, arizona are absolutely fecking dire, talk about how the mighty have fallen
    And its all down to one player leaving.

And that player is not Anquain Boldin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Actually it's down to several players leaving.

Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, Karlos Dansby and Antrel Rolle.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Actually it's down to several players leaving.

Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, Karlos Dansby and Antrel Rolle.
    No its only the one player that has made such a huge difference and thats Warner.

They lost a great QB and they don't even have a decent one now.

• Advertisement

I think Warner was actually crucial to them and their success.

eagle eye wrote: »
    No its only the one player that has made such a huge difference and thats Warner.

They also lost an elite linebacker and the leader of their defence, who also happened to be their best defensive player over the last few years. They also lost one of the upper echelon of safeties, and in Boldin, they lost not only a significant aspect of their passing game (both his absence, and the knock on effect on Fitzgerald) but they also lost one of the best run blocking receivers in the game.

I'm not belittling Warner's contribution to the team, he's a future Hall of Fame QB and rightly so, but to say their current situation is solely down to the loss of Warner is very short sighted, and foolish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

They did.
    Tbh, Max Hall and John Skelton are both better options then Derek Anderson.
    If they are going to miss the playoffs then maybe best to start settle on one of these guys and get them experience

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Great result for the Jags. Excellent kick from Scobee! :cool: .. Im delighted.

They also lost an elite linebacker and the leader of their defence, who also happened to be their best defensive player over the last few years. They also lost one of the upper echelon of safeties, and in Boldin, they lost not only a significant aspect of their passing game (both his absence, and the knock on effect on Fitzgerald) but they also lost one of the best run blocking receivers in the game.

I'm not belittling Warner's contribution to the team, he's a future Hall of Fame QB and rightly so, but to say their current situation is solely down to the loss of Warner is very short sighted, and foolish.

True and I won't undercut that... but the loss of Warner hurts them so much more, I'd liken it to what would happen if Peyton Manning were to go down and Curtis Painter had to step in over in Indy... wouldn't matter who else was fit or not, theyd be fecked. That's how much Cards were reliant on Warner imo

Also, going back to Indy, they now drop to last in the AFC South, who would ever have predicted that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It was a real treat to see Lynn Swan on the live coverage with Kevin and Nick today, some great stories and he was a fantastic sport to come and do the show after only being contacted during the broadcast!

Syferus wrote: »
    It was a real treat to see Lynn Swan on the live coverage with Kevin and Nick today, some great stories and he was a fantastic sport to come and do the show after only being contacted during the broadcast!

Seriously? ah raging for having missed that now, I watched NFL redzone instead, would have loved to have seen that

Yeah I'm only following the game for 26 years, I panic a lot and I'm short sighted:rolleyes: oh yeah and foolish too:rolleyes::rolleyes:

spiralism wrote: »
    Seriously? ah raging for having missed that now, I watched NFL redzone instead, would have loved to have seen that

Probably the best all-round star guest they've ever had, he was in town for the NBA pre-season game in London tomorrow night - they were talking about tryng to get an interview with him tomorrow to show later but I guess a producer rang him up and asked him if he'd come and he just made it in time to watch the Steelers implode in the last two minutes of their game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yea, he was brilliant. Mike holmgren was my favourite guest but Swann was definitely a close second. I just wish they could get a decent full time second person in, makes a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It took 4 weeks but I've finally realised that Gary Imlach is the guy that narrates the English language Bundesliga highlight show. Couldn't place the voice till there!

Anyways, Go Bears!!!

Yea, he was brilliant. Mike holmgren was my favourite guest but Swann was definitely a close second. I just wish they could get a decent full time second person in, makes a big difference.

I think Jeff Reinebold was (is?) the best semi-regular guest and even Bradlee van Pelt, who is admitedly slightly smarmy, was quite good on the first week this year. Kevin and Nick have done it so much now they work well together but, yeah, a more stable roster of regular guests would be a real bonus.

Yeah I'm only following the game for 26 years, I panic a lot and I'm short sighted:rolleyes: oh yeah and foolish too:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lose the attitude tbh

Yeah but he is a blight, he was right there when it happend. Don't ever want to see him anywhere near a Patriot again.

Very 'childish' post dude.

You call me shortsighted and foolish and you are saying I have an attitude? Lol just lol.

And also lmao at calling Karlos Dansby and 'elite' linebacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

What the fook is up with Cutler? Must have left his awareness back in Chicago. There's a close up of him now and he looks like he's about to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Holding the ball for 5-7 seconds and you are asking to get hit, run with the fúcking ball Cutler.

This is awful stuff from both offenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

What a pathetic display of football. This game will be lucky if there's a TD. Was looking forward to this game but now i'm more looking forward to going to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

So I just turned this on. Giants have 8 sacks, wtf is going on?

Advertisement