Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pixielady

Snap- got the same mail. I figure it's a positive thing- I'd say it's just taking EI a while to coordinate this new program and that we all should hear from prospective companies within the next week. I would say it's highly unlikely that we all have been rejected as being unwanted by prospective companies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

So what are you guys expecting in terms of company? In my interview i talked about a green-tech company but i doubt this has much bearing on the companies i've been reccomended to. My background is a degree in banking and finance and a masters in international relations, and some experience in Asia. So i presume i'll be placed for an interview with a company looking to get into Asia.

What about you guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 krc41

I got a phone call today from a company based in Clare. I didn't catch the name because it was noisy! But they offered me an interview next week and they're going to phone back in a few days with the details (time, place, etc.) Overseas placement is in Kuala Lumpur which is very cool! Then when I got home I had the email from EI you're talking about waiting in my inbox.

So if you've gotten the email there's a good chance you'll be contacted by a client company soon I'd say! Best of luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭scarface22

krc41 wrote: »
    I got a phone call today from a company based in Clare. I didn't catch the name because it was noisy! But they offered me an interview next week and they're going to phone back in a few days with the details (time, place, etc.) Overseas placement is in Kuala Lumpur which is very cool! Then when I got home I had the email from EI you're talking about waiting in my inbox.

So if you've gotten the email there's a good chance you'll be contacted by a client company soon I'd say! Best of luck!!!

Well done that sounds great! I'm itching to get an interview now :) Any idea what industry that company is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brenyes

krc41 wrote: »

Yay that's brill! :-)
    I'm so nervous / excited. Really hope that I get a call. My degree is Textile Design and so it's quite different to the norm so hopefully a company will see that as something interesting and go for me! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sherrybobbins

Great to hear the thing is up and running. Does anybody know how many candidates are going for this last stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 greenbrain

Does anybody know how many candidates are going for this last stage?

ya. 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sherrybobbins

50 candidates and 50 companies then is it. So you're more or less guaranteed something if you get to interview stage? nice to have that going on! Good luck with them all.

scarface22 wrote: »
    Well done that sounds great! I'm itching to get an interview now :) Any idea what industry that company is in?

No, no idea, it's so annoying! I should have listened more carefully! Might try ringing EI and see who they put forward me forward to!

I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same company that called me as the above poster....
    It was yesterday evening as well from a company based in Clare. I know the name but would prefer not to say just yet. The guy from the company didn’t say much except about organising an interview for next week, which he will ring back to confirm again. I’m not sure what the situation is, but I live in Dublin, so would I be expected to live near the company for the first six months? or hopefully they have a branch in Dublin.... krc any idea?

• Advertisement

ya i did Engineering so I would be an asset to any type of company, in terms of ability to adapt quickly in any situation, solve problems and communicate & network effectively. And if you add to this the knowledge I will gain from the international growth diploma, I have no doubt that I will increase exports ASTRONOMICALLY for any type of SME.

rivers that's definately the same one! I don't know what the story is, I was presuming moving down to Clare would be required, but maybe you're right about them having a Dublin office... I also wonder where the interview will be? Did he give you any indication?

Yea the interview will be in Ennis and the placement is in KL, Malaysia as you said...He called me earlier today to confirm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leprechaun08

Hi all, just a quick question. Does any1 know if many people have heard back from companies? I had email sayin I was top 10% etc but havent heard anything, really disheartened. If we havent heard anyting by now do u think all hope is gone?

leprechaun, I would definitely say don't worry. there's still lots of time. EI moved the date for finalisation of everything to Dec 3rd, thats 2 weeks away so i'd say many companies have not contacted candidates yet. I was called a three days ago but that was right after they received the information so i think that particular company is just fast. Give it another week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JAG999

Hey people, I was contacted by two different companies this week and I have interviews arranged. One position is located in eastern europe and the other is in middle east. I had one of the interviews done this morning and the company has told me that there are three other candidates that they must interview, so I have only 25% chance of success. Anyone who thought that it would be a formality of getting offered position if offered interview is completely wrong. I am keeping my fingers crossed that both I and everybody else get offered some position but it is by no means guaranteed. Anyways Ill keep ye all posted on developments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leprechaun08

Thanks for the reassurance rivers, I hope that something good comes of this for us all. :)

Hey, does anyone know info about salaries on G4IG programme??? Is the €20k that EI recommend tax free because of being abroad??

Where did EI recommend a 20K salary? I was told that's what they're covering but that's not necessarily the salary. They said something like, salary will be graduate entry-level salary but may be more depending on experience etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mike Tyson

They promise at least a minimum wage salary of €17,600 pa

Graduate Salary - Recommended Graduate salary of €20,000 per annum (i.e. €30,000 over the 18 month period) as specified in the employment contract. The graduate salary must not be less than the Irish minimum wage salary of €17,600 per annum. The salary is exclusive of employers PRSI and any bonuses.

http://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/Management/develop-export-selling-capability/Graduates-4-International-Growth-G4IG-.shortcut.html#costs

• Advertisement

i've been waiting around in this depressing country now for the last two months with the hope of getting a G4IG position which only pays 20k a year...i must be mad. I think it will be well worth it in the long term though if I do get a place. Really hoping to get a call at some stage this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pandakid

I was accepted onto this programme and have not heard a thing from any companies. Is there many other people in this position? I can take rejection fine but I can't understand why EI sent a mail telling me it was 'highly likely' i'd get offered at least one interview and a job. What was the point in building up my hopes if there's a chance you're not even going to make it to an interview? Can't contact them about it either as they washed their hands of us!!

Hey Pandakid,

My situation is that I was contacted by three engineering companies for jobs in Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Africa. I telephone interviewed for two of the positions and the third position I turned down a telephone interview because I did not like the location. I am awaiting an offer at this point. Im not sure what background you are from, but hopefully you will get called soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pandakid

Thanks, that's great getting three interviews! Hopefully there'll be some last minute activity for me!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pixielady

Hey Pandakid, I'm in the same position. I still haven't heard, hopefully it's just that the companies HR departments are slow at getting back to people? Who knows? Anywho good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mngg

I'm in the same boat and have heard nothing back, hoping it's due to all distracting bailout stuff this week. I've two degrees incl Engineering and have 2 other languages and got great feedback scores from the assessment centre and am puzzled as to why i've not heard yet. Though hearing that some are doing phone interviews is promising since they can arrange them fairly fast so next week wouldn't be out of the question for them to still fulfil the Dec 3rd deadline!

I was wondering does anyone know much about the format of the post-grad in the Michael Smurfit business school? As in, is it 1 day a week? or a couple of days every other week or what? I've been in contact with EI but theyre slow getting back to say the least, and the company's ive interviewed with havent a clue either.

rivers wrote: »
    I was wondering does anyone know much about the format of the post-grad in the Michael Smurfit business school? As in, is it 1 day a week? or a couple of days every other week or what? I've been in contact with EI but theyre slow getting back to say the least, and the company's ive interviewed with havent a clue either.

I had an interview on Friday (didn't get the position :() and it was the first the company had heard of the postgrad in Smurfit as well

bad luck about the interview, and they didnt even know about the study aspect of it? that's crazy. not great communication going on between EI and the companies. A company i interviewed with were saying that they hoped to have the successful candidate out in the export market within a couple of months, and i had to ask 'what about the post-grad diploma?' they werent really concerned about that...

• Advertisement

Will EI tell you if you have an interview in the next week or is it just up to the companies to contact you?

Has anybody called them?

Advertisement