Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

They told me November was when we'd hear. November is ages away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

I got an email today that they'd be in contact before end of October if appications are successful, I'm not too hopeful at this stage but not giving up yet!! Just thought I'd let others know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ronankel

I got an email sayin i was in the top 25% or summit but have not been short listed for an interview,.
    anyone else get anything different?
    cheers

Yeah, I got the same. Lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ronankel

guessing that means we didnt get it?

• Advertisement

It says that you could be called. So there's still a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Got the same. Anyone get an outright rejection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lindi

Yeah i got the same, top 25% and on hold. doesnt look hopefull!!!

Unless maybe they're just letting the people that have been chosen by EI know that they've been chosen? Maybe the companies haven't offered any interviews yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 funny little frog

My response was blah blah blah your status is on hold...you haven't been shortlisted for an assessment centre at this stage...may still be invited to assessment centre in the final phase should the opportunity arise...waffle waffle.

Anyone else get this? Can't decide whether they're too polite to reject me outright or if I'm still in with a (small) chance.

Bah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

i got an email yesterday evening from them saying i made the top 10%, and that i'd receive notice by email of an interview with a placement company in november sometime...the email said they couldnt say which sme it was at this stage, and that the interview would be within 5 days of notice, also that at this stage the interview is 'highly likely' to result in a job offering...sounds good to me...i was delighted i got it, didnt think i did well at all, especially the interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 slumducky

Hey guys...this is what my email said....its still not a definate yes though!

At this point in the process you have been ranked in the top 10% of all applicants and are rated as being of high employability. A final interview at this point has a high likelihood of translating to an offer of an 18 month full time contract and a place on the G4IG programme with an EI client company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 567

i got the top 10% mail too....

Do you think the top 10% email is pretty definate? It's kinda setting us up for a big fall if not!!

yes the way the e-mail was phrased does sound definate like the interview with the companies will just be formality but i am confused with the selection process it seems the companies will have several candidates to choose from and similarly candidates might have more than one companies to choose from so in that case nothing is guaranteed! i would be interested to know how many candidates were shortlisted.

same as. It makes a huge difference if there is for example, 30 applicants 30 companies....or 50 applicants, 30 companies!! It could be the case that an applicant could get more than one offer which gives a nice bit of choice. I very much doubt a applicant would get no company. Unless there is a solid reason that arises. I think it's a safety net for the evenutality.

sorry my spelling is awful! In work and used to an automatic spell checker! It's my typing thats awful! LOl

well you made it to the top 10% with your awful spelling :D any ideas on the companies? and will this be your first choice in terms of job opportunities?

i keep checking my inbox every 5 seconds hoping for a follow up e-mail

No idea of the companies. I like that they are SME's. It opens up more scope for proper integration into the company. Some larger companies could be very impersonal. I am working in a mentoring company at the moment that funds start-up software/tech businesses. It is only a 3month contract but I think it has helped me get this far. It is my first long contract offer however! Well done by the way!

• Advertisement

I'm so jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭scarface22

It got the top 10% as well. I could be wrong but my impression is that we just have to have some interviews with client companies and see which is the best fit for them and us.

However I'm not 100% sure so I am going to call them tomorrow.

I got an interview with the Farmleigh Fellowship that I have to confirm by Friday so if anyone finds out the score with the EI job please let me know :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mike Tyson

I got the 25% load of hoop. Will be good to get the feedback at least.

Congratulations to everyone that proper got it.

Have the Farmleigh interview to confirm; saw another thread for that, will join in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Yag reuoY

Some nice gloating going on in this thread. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JAG999

Got the 10% email as well. Delighted. I am very interested to see what companies we will be paired with. I checked out the EOP testimonials (similar programme that opens in January) to see what kind of companies get involved - a few were tax-back companies, not my seen. Hope to get in with a company looking to export some green technology product as I am an engineer - who knows what will happen. As soon as I hear anything I will post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭scarface22

scarface22 wrote: »
    It got the top 10% as well. I could be wrong but my impression is that we just have to have some interviews with client companies and see which is the best fit for them and us.

However I'm not 100% sure so I am going to call them tomorrow.

Spoke to someone in EI there and it seems that we haven't got a job just yet. There are still formal interviews with client companies to pass. Bummer!

If anyone gets an email/phone call from an EI client company let us all know!!

Hey All,

Just came off the phone to Sonia. Apparently emails for interviews will be sent out this week and interviews will take place next week or the week after. Likelihood of succeeding at interview is 3 to 1 according to her so I guess there are 150 people going for 50 places.

Hey! It doesn't really make sense since 200 people got to the assessment centre. They would surely have narrowed it down more! mmmm

• Advertisement

Hey Slum,

Well maybe there are only something like 15 to 20 positions so and there are 50 of us going for them. That would still be a 3 in 1 chance.

Advertisement