Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a person die instantly without getting shot in the head?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Rycn wrote: »
    For fuck sake man.

If you think him posting that is bad, read the comments under the vid. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

I'm sure a now banned former poster would have posted:

'A kick to the head would kill'

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

There is no way to take a life instantly. A shot to the heart, or head doesnt kill instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Degsy wrote: »
    I thoughtthis thread would have more input from wargamers and airsofters.
    I'm sure there will be once they've finished they're dinner and done all their homework. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭google faps

CorkMan wrote: »
    I was reading a Notorious B.I.G biography, and it said he got shot in the chest and stomach. Puff Daddy ran to him seconds later but by then saw a blank stare in BIGs eyes and he was slumped over.

I thought only a head shot would mean instant death?

EDIT: I am referring exclusively to gunshot/stab wounds. Not far off mfethods which would obviously mean death. (bombs, run over by a truck, hit by a train, etc)
    I read that as Nostradamus BIG.
    :o

I'd imagine puff daddy ran over and immediately thought, how do I turn this into an instant chart topper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

There was a second shooter in the grassy (beyonce) knolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Faith+1 wrote: »
    I wonder how long it takes to die after you eat your own head?:confused:

You made me spew coffee on my laptop!!!

Cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

An RPG or a tank shell to the body, Bad company 2 style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Off the top of my head, decapitation can kill instantly.

It doesn't actually. People executed during the guillotine years were know to blink and change facial expression after the head was cut off.

Edit, just noticed you said "can" and not "decapitation kills instantly".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

surprised a thread of this title/motivation has not bn derided and closed :o yet it gathers pace. brain taxing stuff, can you die instantly via knife or gun. something to pick apart and dwell on

taking a bullet is a skill indeed. something to be in awe of where musical ability is lacking, how bout a spate of copycat deaths from fans of these absolute mugs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Tupac was hot in the head first time around also and lived for two more years before somebody shot him again.

Well it wasn't a vital organ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

I heard he got shot by the cops, apparently he wouldn't stop going to the Dunkin donuts, cops were stuck with regular sandwiches, didn't go down well with them!

fontanalis wrote: »

n it certainly wasn't a musical organ

fontanalis wrote: »

and this Tupac chap was shot by the brothers who said he was always in the tattoo shop and they found it hard to get an appointment, apparently he was a selfish git! word

Star Bingo wrote: »
    n it certainly wasn't a musical organ

word

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

*Paging Biggins to come to After Hours. Thats Biggins to After Hours, please. Thank you.*

empirix wrote: »
    word

which amounts to their musical ability

black culture used to be about astounding musicians, wtf happened? yes there's more dimwits in life to appeal to, thus greater market to tap into therefor mo' money, but come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Wibbs wrote: »
    Decapitation like the guillotine may not be instant like you said. One experiment in the late 1800 is france seemed to show that its not and it was more like 30 seconds not 10 where there was some conscious brain activity. :eek::eek:

I'd imagine it's to do with the adrenaline - you'd know whats coming, the fear would cause an adrenaline surge which would put everything into overdrive, brain gets loads more oxegen...allows the above to happen. More than likely wouldn't happen in an unexpected decapitation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Star Bingo wrote: »
    which amounts to their musical ability

black culture used to be about astounding musicians, wtf happened? yes there's more dimwits in life to appeal to, thus greater market to tap into therefor mo' money, but come on!

Yeah, the whole Gangsta Rap thing is lost on me. It feeds into every negative stereotype and using the word ****** isn't empowering it's scummy. Martin Luther King must be rolling in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Overheal wrote: »
    He could have been knocked cold from the trauma, but without a pulse, probably went braindead minutes later.
    I could, but I won't..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

CorkMan wrote: »
    He used a "blue steel 9-millimeter semi-automatic".
    Yeah blue steel will get ya every time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP - not trying to scare but taking a long, stressful, straining dump on the sh1t seat can kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Well according to The Movies,if you grasp the victims neck with both hands, snapping it swiftly left or right,a loud cracking sound will be heard by all and the victim will die instantly, The Movies don't lie.

On a side note, I once,many years ago, rented a video ironically about death,and the many ways to achieve same. In one clip, filmed I think in an Eastern country, like Iraq, a whole village of people took turns at firing an AK 47 at some guy who had commited an offense in their eyes. He lay on the ground and they formed a Q,each firing a few into him. After about twenty people had fired he was still alive, even though he had been shot loads of times in the head,so much so in fact,his face collasped. The scene went on for several minutes,the victim lying there and groaning as they continued to shoot.
    True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

jugger0 wrote: »
    WARNING NSFW

The first shot hits him in the abdomen, he's still alive, as soon as the bullet hits his head its lights out, now he could still be alive just unconscious due to trauma, impossible to tell if he's instantly dead.
    Im willing to bet he died soon after anyways....

In short, DONT GET SHOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Od2BkR6rFU&feature=related

that owns so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

if you were the guy who shot him youd be like boom headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I got shot in the head **** last night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A lot of "dying instantly" is also down to the ammunition and gun used to fire it. A 7.62mm round from an AK47 has immense stopping power and can cause massive internal damage. Take one of those rounds to the head and a third of its contents will leave with the exiting bullet. Same goes for a 5.56mm from the likes of an M4 Carbine but it has considerably less kinetic energy and will result in less damage, but almost certain death if hit in the head.

Pistol ammunition you have the greatest chance of surviving, but only in terms of damage to tissue caused. 9mm and other fast moving, comparitively smaller caliber rounds can induce hydrostatic shock, which actually causes hemorrhaging in the brain, even if you are hit in the abdomen. The round hitting your body and internal tissue causes massive pressure to buildup inside your blood vessels causing damage in the brain.

This occurs nearly instantly and is probably mistaken for instant death in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

if he was shot in the heart it might lead to a sudden loss of blood pressure and that would lead to instant loss of consciousness and death farily quickly afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

A lot of "dying instantly" is also down to the ammunition and gun used to fire it. A 7.52mm round from an AK47 has immense stopping power and can cause massive internal damage. Take one of those rounds to the head and a third of its contents will leave with the exiting bullet. Same goes for a 5.56mm from the likes of an M4 Carbine but it has considerably less kinetic energy and will result in less damage, but almost certain death if hit in the head.

Pistol ammunition you have the greatest chance of surviving, but only in terms of damage to tissue caused. 9mm and other fast moving, comparitively smaller caliber rounds can induce hydrostatic shock, which actually causes hemorrhaging in the brain, even if you are hit in the abdomen. The round hitting your body and internal tissue causes massive pressure to buildup inside your blood vessels causing damage in the brain.

This occurs nearly instantly and is probably mistaken for instant death in a lot of cases.

that was on the discovery channel today:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Theres a wiki page on hydrostatic shock, its bizarre the stuff people research!

Advertisement