Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a person die instantly without getting shot in the head?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I was reading a Notorious B.I.G biography, and it said he got shot in the chest and stomach. Puff Daddy ran to him seconds later but by then saw a blank stare in BIGs eyes and he was slumped over.

I thought only a head shot would mean instant death?

EDIT: I am referring exclusively to gunshot/stab wounds. Not far off methods which would obviously mean death. (bombs, run over by a truck, hit by a train, etc)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Shot to the heart would kill you instantly I would think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There are lots of ways you can die instantly that don't involve being shot in the head.

Spontaneous combustion would be one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Fairly sure a Nuclear blast would mean instant death... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Biggie was shot a few times, i remember reading Lil Cease saying he could smell urine and all so he knew he was dead more or less within minutes. In before people start abusing him on this forum lol, seeing as its the person i named myself after on boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Shot through the back of the neck severing the final link to the CNS would also kill instantly.
    Otherwise, then no.

Even a shot to the heart wouldn't kill you instantly, it would be quite quick..but not instant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Id say it will take a couple of seconds to die from a shot to the heart (and you're to blame, you give love a bad name du du du du ) Sorry :D. I would say a shot to the back of the neck on the spinal cord could do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Off the top of my head, decapitation can kill instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Shooting to vital organs is quick, but by no means instantaneous, whether it be brain or cardio-pulmonary system. Now, it may be quick enough that for all intents and purposes, it could be described as such, but in actual fact, there's no such thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Shot to the heart would kill you instantly

It also gives love a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

CorkMan wrote: »
    Puff Daddy ran to him seconds later but by then saw a blank stare in his BIGs eyes and he was slumped over.

Bring a tear to the eye, one must admit.

We were that close to having two-for-the-price-of- one.

• Advertisement

bonerm wrote: »
    It also gives love a bad name.

This is one of those posts that you just wish so bad that it was one of your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,083 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was reading a Notorious B.I.G biography, and it said he got shot in the chest and stomach. Puff Daddy ran to him seconds later but by then saw a blank stare in his BIGs eyes and he was slumped over.

I thought only a head shot would mean instant death?

EDIT: I am referring exclusively to gunshot/stab wounds. Not far off methods which would obviously mean death. (bombs, run over by a truck, hit by a train, etc)
    He could have been knocked cold from the trauma, but without a pulse, probably went braindead minutes later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Poor Corkman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

stovelid wrote: »
    Bring a tear to the eye, one must admit.

We were that close to having two-for-the-price-of- one.

They were in two different cars when Biggie got shot. Puff Daddy had to run out and up to Bigs car. Theres amateur footage on youtube of somebody filming biggie leaving, and they follow his car on camera but arent quick enough turning it around but you hear the shots and all.

In other news Tupacs still alive lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Shot to the heart would kill you instantly I would think
    This is one of those posts that you just wish so bad that it was one of your own.

It was also posted a few postes above by Pauleta, albeit in a slightly different way. I thanked her instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And this is one of those posts that you wish so bad was made about one of your own :D

NothingMan wrote: »
    It was also posted a few postes above by Pauleta, albeit in a slightly different way. I thanked her instead.

I've spent my thanks. I'm too old to go a second time so soon. :)

NothingMan wrote: »

Yeah in fairness that guy got there first. Didn't see it myself. I have have a habit of not reading anything other than the OP and trickles from my own posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Cutting the twinned carotid arteries and nerves would effectively kill you immediately (they're the bits that stick out in Deirdre Barlow's neck when she's angry). It's how animals are killed for Muslim Halal - bloody but very humane.

Trauma to the heart, in theory, would be a slower more painful death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hydrostatic shock will kill you even if the round doesnt enter a vital area.

Besides the man was grossly overweight...his heart probably stopped when he heard the shots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Degsy wrote: »
    Hydrostatic shock will kill you even if the round doesnt enter a vital area.

Besides the man was grossly overweight...his heart probably stopped when he heard the shots.

He was 28 stone when he was shot. 6'3 in height.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

What caliber ammunition was used? 7.62 to the chest would end you pretty quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

He used a "blue steel 9-millimeter semi-automatic".

Fat cnunt..no danger of the hitman missing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Overheal wrote: »
    He could have been knocked cold from the trauma, but without a pulse, probably went braindead minutes later.

There's them that would've said he was braindead long before the bullet ever left the chamber. Not me though. *makes gang signs*

Fairly sure that crush injuries from a large falling object with a lot of mass/momentum will kill instantaneously. Large enough electrical discharge will kill outright as well.

The fall probably killed him.

bonerm wrote: »
    The fall probably killed him.

What,you mean the band?

Was Mark Smith questioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I was reading a Notorious B.I.G biography, and it said he got shot in the chest and stomach. Puff Daddy ran to him seconds later but by then saw a blank stare in BIGs eyes and he was slumped over.

Jesus man spoiler warnings...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

danniemcq wrote: »
    Jesus man spoiler warnings...

there's a statute of limitation :)
    http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/215535297_B2j5j-L-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I wonder how long it takes to die after you eat your own head?:confused:

Advertisement