Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The government rumoured to be nationalising AIB

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

No fucking way. Couldn't be, it'd be the final blow for our international financial credibility. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Confab wrote: »
    No fucking way. Couldn't be, it'd be the final blow for our international financial credibility. Madness.

But i thought all the right people in the financial world admired us...................:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

AIB shares for sale. PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Scare threads aren't welcome http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056025581
    PM me if you have a reliable source, RTE, Irish Times, etc

Edit, from Today FM http://www.todayfm.com/News/Latest-News.aspx, thanks for the update SeaFields
    Major management changes at AIB on back of bailout figure announced
    30/9/2010 07:25
    Major management changes at AIB on back of bailout figure announced Changes are on the way in the management at AIB, to coincide with the announcement that the bank is to get an additional 3 billion euro in support, because of the larger than expected haircut on NAMA loans. A statement from the bank says Group Managing Director Colm Doherty has had his contract terminated - he's to leave AIB before the end of the year. Dan O'Connor is to step down as executive chairman in the coming weeks. The bank is now getting 10.4 billion euro in government support - which is being seen as the effective nationalisation of AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

I often wonder why the members of AH aren't major international investment bankers, what with their intricate knowledge of all facets of banking and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    I often wonder why the members of AH aren't major international investment bankers, what with their intricate knowledge of all facets of banking and all.

How do you know we are not ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »

Actually, I'm doing better than a lot of international investment bankers. I have an account with savings in it, and haven't gone to taxpayers looking for any handouts.

But yeah, maybe we should all stop posting and trying to work out what's happening. I'm sure the Government knows what it's doing and isn't pissing our money down a black hole or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I had an overdraft in AIB for 5 years. i dipped into it once or twice a month when my mortgage comes out, the odd time when i'm out on the town.

I have a credit card with AIB and use to have a 2 car loans both of which were paid back before the due date and in full and never once missed a payment. My over draft expired couple of months back and at the moment could really do with it being renewed due to pay cuts ect.

I applied for it to be renewed only for it to be turned down and no reason given. I'm obvioulsy in full time employment and have been for 7 years, have the cleanest of financial records you'll find about these days.

AIB are the biggest bunch of tossers, i hope they go under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

whycliff wrote: »
    I had an overdraft in AIB for 5 years. i dipped into it once or twice a month when my mortgage comes out, the odd time when i'm out on the town.

I have a credit card with AIB and use to have a 2 car loans both of which were paid back before the due date and in full and never once missed a payment. My over draft expired couple of months back and at the moment could really do with it being renewed due to pay cuts ect.

I applied for it to be renewed only for it to be turned down and no reason given. I'm obvioulsy in full time employment and have been for 7 years, have the cleanest of financial records you'll find about these days.

Not sensible to be borrowing for day-to-day expenses, the government should have taught you that!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who is viable now?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

They won't go under, thats the whole point. We are bailing them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

AIB is getting 3 billion and Nationwide a further 2.7 billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If we're bailing them out, would people here on boards mind if i get back my overdraft so i can pay my mortgage?

It was only an over draft of €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

whycliff wrote: »
    If we're bailing them out, would people here on boards mind if i get back my overdraft so i can pay my mortgage?

It was only an over draft of €1000.

Yeah, go on then.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Withdraw your money in the morning and buy a canoe, this ship is sinking.

Poxy canoe tax!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Last night I thought that the AIB share price would rise on the ISE today, since it rose sharply on the NYSE. Wrong: it's down 25% on the ISE today, and it's down 25% on the NYSE pre-market (which opens at 14:30 Irish time). Some Americans just took a bath. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

bnt wrote: »
    Last night I thought that the AIB share price would rise on the ISE today, since it rose sharply on the NYSE. Wrong: it's down 25% on the ISE today, and it's down 25% on the NYSE pre-market (which opens at 14:30 Irish time). Some Americans just took a bath. :eek:

and the Irish taxpayer took it in the ass :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

bnt wrote: »
    I have no sympathy for them, they play the game they can expect to get burnt every once in a while. Lets just hope that our glorious leaders don't decide to bail them out too

Advertisement