Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The government rumoured to be nationalising AIB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Oh for f*cks sake.

Is this really necessary?

ah,I just thought I'd hop on the bandwagon before page ten!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

sligopark wrote: »
    one buch of w*nkers replaced by another bunch of w*nkers who agreed with every decision make by the first bunch of w*nkers?

Dream on

The alternative bunch of **** don't have the baggage of having to bail out their large developer friends like the current shower are doing.:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

one buch of w*nkers replaced by another bunch of w*nkers who agreed with every decision make by the first bunch of w*nkers?

Dream on

I sense a negativity in the force, my young Padawan. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Another Hysteria thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Right now, tonight, the only thing that might bankrupt the country is some stupid muppets on here

except of course if a bunch of muppets in another place had given all all money away to money heaven and then made poor decisions every part of the way until now

but then the price of Irish borrowing will rise so high we have to bring in the IMF.

Do. Not. Panic.

No need to panic since the IMF can't come because we do not have our own currency and the eurozone won't allow their intervention.

as a nation we are proper f*cked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

galwayrush wrote: »
    We're a great country, many people in our hospitals making do with trollies in corridors, some schools almost in a state of falling down, but there's no problem with our Government bailing out builders and bankers for their own mistakes.:rolleyes:

The Gov is bailing us all out... Otherwise welcome 'No sufficient funds' from the ATM in the morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

we have to bring in the IMF.

hope not.

stepbar wrote: »
    The Gov is bailing us all out... Otherwise welcome 'No sufficient funds' from the ATM in the morning.....

I get that message most of the time......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

and remember folks,unsubscribe now before this thread takes over your inbox like the Borg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Well, at least the tags are entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

People don't understand the IMF.

It's hilarious.

Well, at least the tags are entertaining.
    True. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Right now, tonight, the only thing that might bankrupt the country is some stupid muppets on here, **** frantically at the possibility that everyone might give up hope and be as moping and sad as them, manage to cause a run on the banks.

We will survive that, our money will be safe, but then the price of Irish borrowing will rise so high we have to bring in the IMF.

Do. Not. Panic.

Trusting the Government with your hard earned money :D To be honest I had a Nigerian Chap email me, I would have more faith in him at the moment than this shower.

A bankrupt government cannot guarantee anything and the Banking Guarantee is a bit like chapter 11 for the gov, it allows them to keep operating in bankruptcy while expropriating peoples savings.

This has happened several times throughout History, Germany in the 1920's, Argentina in 1999, ex-soviet states after the collapse of communism, Zimbabwe. Ireland is not some special case, we are a windswept rock in the north atlantic with 4million people and half a million out of work. We are not "too big to fail" and failed we have.

How anyone can gullibly swallow the banking guarantee is beyond me and it would be like me giving a million euro to a homeless wino on his promise of I'll pay ya back bud!

The alternative bunch of **** don't have the baggage of having to bail out their large developer friends like the current shower are doing.:p

Yes they do and they are sueing their girl folk in Dublin my friend ...

sorry to burst your bubble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Right now, tonight, the only thing that might bankrupt the country is some stupid muppets on here, **** frantically at the possibility that everyone might give up hope and be as moping and sad as them, manage to cause a run on the banks.

We will survive that, our money will be safe, but then the price of Irish borrowing will rise so high we have to bring in the IMF.

Do. Not. Panic.

The bold part... That's not a good thing... really, we don't want the IMF anywhere near us.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭moonage

This is the darkest and saddest day in Ireland since Joe Dolan was shot.

I get that message most of the time......:p

Well you're fine so, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's hilarious.

I never liked IMF. "Unbelievable" was OK, but the rest of their songs were sh*te.

Yes they do and they are sueing their girl folk in Dublin my friend ...

sorry to burst your bubble

A burst bubble caused all the ****:pac:

Well you're fine so, eh?

Yes, nothing to lose....:D

• Advertisement

moonage wrote: »

Funny that.... I thought he just died of natural causes.... I wouldn't worry cause those who have jobs will still arrive into work tomorrow....

If he was shot, the saddest day would be when it was later announced, he survived! :D
    (only kidding)

RIP Joe.
    You were in a league of your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

TheZohan wrote: »
    About two-fiddy.

Most people knew that AIB needed a further €3bn in capital, all they've done here is a share swap.
    600 million won't recap Aib.... The gov is paying 3 billion to recap and taking a 70% share. Regards if they bought Aib at Market cost they would still have to recap the bank.

God you people are so silly. Did you not read the OP. WE'RE ALL SCREWED, BURN YOUR MONEY, RUN AWAY AND HIDE. This is not the time for rational thinking. Listen to the guy scaremongering on the internet, he knows best.

Things have really went downhill since he died.......:eek: Off to Conspiracy Theories ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭dasdog

Do. Not. Panic.

This isn't about a bank run. I view this in light of Ireland having for the next decade and more a totally stagnent economy while the rest of the world moves on and we continue to pay off loans we shouldn't be taking out to "save face". IMF/ECB bailout could very likely mean no 12.5% CT which is the only card we have to play.

Stekelly wrote: »
    God you people are so silly. Did you not read the OP. WE'RE ALL SCREWED, BURN YOUR MONEY, RUN AWAY AND HIDE. This is not the time for rational thinking. Listen to the guy scaremongering on the internet, he knows best.

"Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?"

"Yes I would, Kent."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

TheZohan wrote: »

Most people knew that AIB needed a further €3bn in capital, all they've done here is a share swap.

Exactly. And thats all this is, a capital injection. That €3bn was going to end up in AIB regardless.

A burst bubble caused all the ****:pac:

and self serving politican banksters FF FG and Labour caused the bubble that has f8cked us all ;)

FG are not the saviours everyone would like to think they are and labour LOL LOL LOL LOL didn't they cry too Lisbon=Jobs

self serving ego masturbating bank balance inflating [EMAIL="w@nkers"]w@nkers[/EMAIL] the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

It's hilarious.

In a nutshell:
    EU/IMF intervention will mean a budget with 20bn in cuts as opposed to the proposed 3bn in cuts that everybody's worried about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The bold part... That's not a good thing... really, we don't want the IMF anywhere near us.

It's hilarious.

I know the IMF is a bad thing - I worded that post badly:o

I meant that if people panic, we will have to bring it in.

Though tbh, we are more likely to beg the ECB.

Advertisement