Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the times down.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It was indeed. I gave in on 10 miles, raging when I saw the times of 2nd and 3rd in the 20 that I didn't continue on at least for another lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Ah that's gas I had no idea. ****, well you live and learn I guess. Next week is another week :)

Had no interest in continuing on to be honest. Good race and well time for DCM though so hopefully it'll still be around next year. Great opportunity to do a long run at marathon pace. Was looking dodgy at the start with the mass false start but they pulled it off well.

Yep, perfectly-timed. It got us out of a sick session. Hopefully it'll be an annual thing. Ah that was hilarious. At least everyone went the wrong way together! They sorted it very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Very strong running cwg. If you are comfortable at that pace then sub 2:50 will be no problem. Savage midweek session too - you deserve a super time in a month. Stitch at the end might have been fortunate, rein in the competitive instinct etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

sub 2:50 will be no problem.
    ..and a good chunk more besides. That's 20 miles at 2:46 marathon pace and the man slowed down for a few easy miles. Well done Paddy. Well on the way. Just keep doing whatever you're doing and you're going to have a cracking result in a few weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

..and a good chunk more besides. That's 20 miles at 2:46 marathon pace and the man slowed down for a few easy miles. Well done Paddy. Well on the way.

That was 20miles at 2:46 pace after doing 5,4,3,2,1 two days before. And trust me, 5,4,3,2,1 is (arguably) the hardest session there is.

Mon - OFF
    Tues - 8.5 @ 7:40
    Wed - 8.5 @ 8:00
    Thurs - OFF
    Fri - 10 @ 7:30
    Sat - 8 @ 8:10
    Sun - 22.5 @ 7:23 including Tallaght 5 miler in 29:04

Was in Amsterdam until Thursday so Tues and Wed were done in the Vondelpark - great loop if anyone is ever over there.

The race was a bit of a disaster. I could not get moving. It was a perfect day and there was some real talent on display but my run was pretty pathetic.

5:45
    5:48
    5:47
    5:44

I'll put it down to lack of sharp training and move on. Day salvaged with long run.

56 for the week. A little low but I'm not sweating about it.

Mon - 8 @ 8:00

What a beautiful evening. Love this weather. Just ticking along in recovery mode. 2 mile reps midweek and 1 more MP session to go. Jaaayssus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Christ man, wish I could have a disaster of a race that resulted in a 28 minute 5 miler! Fair play.

cwgatling wrote: »

Was in Amsterdam until Thursday........T

.......The race was a bit of a disaster. I could not get moving......

Weire not fools here CWG. We know what happened.

You might as well post a pic of you in a singlet with an gargantuan splif in your mouth :D

(PS what disaster? Thats good running!)

• Advertisement

@pconn062 - You're knocking on the door of it! I should be low 28s tbh but thanks.

@tbb - haha, you got me. They won't be putting that photo on the Tallaght AC facebook page :P

Tues - 9 @ 8:00
    Another cracking day. Really enjoyed being out. Loads of great wildlife up the waterworks: 2 red squirrels and a dipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

The race was a bit of a disaster. I could not get moving. It was a perfect day and there was some real talent on display but my run was pretty pathetic.

5:45
    5:47
    5:44

A disaster is when the pace goes rapidly backwards as the race goes on. You may not have been able to get moving at the pace you wanted from the start but they are very consistent splits. Even more impressive when you consider the profile of the course. That would indicate great strength to me!!! Sure you're not training for 5 milers :)

@ TRR - Good point, like the Irish Runner 5 when I went out at 5:30 pace and finished at 6:20, haha. Great race Dave, you're in top shape.

Wed - 7 @ 7:53. Went to the park with the intention of doing the intervals but it was way too windy. And I felt like dirt for some reason. Slogged around for the guts of an hour and called it a day.

Thurs - 12 @ 6:34 including 4x 2mile off 2 mins
    Hit up the track for these, would have been happy with anything under 6m/m. Was feeling pretty good and kept the foot down. New shoes and the track was nice and soggy so this was kind to the legs.

11:45
    11:44
    11:44
    11:43

One last big run this weekend...

Fri - 3 easy. I barely remember this.
    Sat - 10 easy.
    Sun - 5.2 easy.

57 for the week.

Mon - 19.3 @ 7:00

5.5 easy, 6@ 6:16, 1 easy, 6 @ 6:24, 1 c/d.

Well that's it. The first batch of MP was handy enough. Not so for the 2nd 6. Very little running between now and the big day. Weather like this morning would be nice.

Well man, hope the taper went well for you. Best of luck on Monday, your training has been awesome. Will keep an eye out for a Tallaght singlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Have a great race tomorrow. The only thing I'm wondering is how much you will come in ahead of your goal time.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Best of luck tomorrow Paddy...Savage training block so go out there and do urself justice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Good luck tomorrow, being a great year so far hopefully tomorrow caps it off for you

Best of luck tomorrow. Hope it goes to plan. Should be out on course around mile 8 or 9 - expect a random shout.

Good luck cwg. Massive pb waiting for you

• Advertisement

Thanks for the wishes lads, and for the support on the course. RQ, ecoli and pconn (I think) out in force as well as family, friends, club members and the general public. It helps a LOT, so thanks a million.

Delighted with the run. 2:48.02. 13+ min PB in the bag. Legs in absolute bits.

DCM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Great stuff Paddy, well done, delighted for you.

+1 great stuff - massive PB right? well deserved

Thanks for the wishes lads, and for the support on the course. RQ, ecoli and pconn (I think) out in force as well as family, friends, club members and the general public. It helps a LOT, so thanks a million.

Delighted with the run. 2:48.02. 13+ min PB in the bag. Legs in absolute bits.

DCM

That was me alright man, fair play on a great run. You looked very strong when I seen you around the 25 mile mark. Enjoy a few days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Thats how to run a marathon, 13 min PB super stuff... Well done Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Jaysus. Between yourself, TRR, Krusty and KielyUnusual, it seems everyone running quick paced themselves superbly. No deaths died anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

savage lad, a 13min pb to boost, great stuff, recover well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Great race cwg, enjoy the post race buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jacquib

Hiya Paddy, well done on ur tremendous PB in Dublin. I'm delighted for you & you deserved it after all your hard training. Enjoy your rest until you start training for your sub 2:45 :-)))

Advertisement