Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Enjoyable game here.

It looks like AFC is the dominant conference this year. None of the NFC divisions looks too strong, North possibly but I have my doubts about the Vikings and Bears.
    Meanwhile in the AFC there is North, East and South. They all look really strong with 3 legitimate play-off caliber teams in each one.
    It's going to be an epic wildcard race.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well all I have to say is its horrible to stay up that late to see the Jets win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Oh dear. Mike Carlson questioned how 'ungood' the Patriots are. Defense force go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Just checked ESPN there and from reading the headlines one could be sure that the Jets lost.Tim graham giving us no love.

Sanchez again was very good,and the offence was excellent.Really good game to watch too.

Both the Dolphins and Jets were very good.Whats the chances of both of them and not the Patriots making the playoffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Oh Janikowski...
    :( What a way to lose the game, mind you the Raiders are experts at pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Good to see Sanchez beginning to fulfil his promise. The Jets have always had a great record against the Dolphins.

Long way to go................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The OL didnt have a fantastic game, lots of fall starts, good to see LT get some good gains .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Fergie looking quality singing the anthem at Dolphins/Jets.

no, thats a bad xavi - fergie has a face like a boot!!

Are you ready for the fooooooooooooootball, Monday Night fooooooootball, a fooooooooootball paaaaaaaaarty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,189 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Poor Devin Aromashodou, he's in the famous Lovie doghouse. Many a player got caught in there and never returned. Had high hopes for him :(.

Tommie Harris dropped too...finally..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

There's an English PTI!?

*shudder*

Touchdown.

Rodgers is the sex. Seriously. The guys already said it on commentary, but there isn't a QB in the league I'd prefer in the red zone.

Ugh, frustrating. Special teams is really holding us back. We let the Bears right back into it at the end when we were in control of the game.

Bears started off well but for some reason they stopped running the ball. I think they should be giving more to Forte who started brightly as if you start relying on Cutler too much he is prone to making a few ill advised throws which is what exactly happened.

I'm feeling confident the Packers will win through. Aaron is looking fantastic. Just need to cut out stupid penalties and mistakes.

Fúcking Packers with penalties and special teams. Shooting themselves in the foot.

FINALLY Devin gets a TD return. Delighted that he finally did it. 2 long years.. :).

14-10 bears.

Bunch of fúcking retards with their penalties. Argh.

Way to waste a time out. Aaron Rodgers deserves the win. The rest of them don't. 16 penalties. What a bunch of idiots.

More penalties. Fúck off Packers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Talk about playing yourself. What the fúck are the Packers at tonight. Actually they've always been at it but tonight was just a joke.

• Advertisement

18 penalties. Most in their history.

What a bunch of bottlers.

cooker3 wrote: »
    Just need to cut out stupid penalties and mistakes.

Lol.

Bear down baby!!!! Woo!!!!

3-0! Wut Wut!

Pity that even now all the haters have excuses.
    Week 1 = No td call.
    Week 2 = Cowboys were bad, not bears good.
    Week 3 = Packers would have won if they didn't have so many penalties.

Not that I care, all that matters is the record and ours says 3-0.

Time for bed.

I really enjoyed that, there is something about Soldier Field, its just really hard to get the W there.

That penalty call was horrendous by the way, the PI call I'm talking about.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Bear down baby!!!! Woo!!!!

3-0! Wut Wut!

Pity that even now all the haters have excuses.
    Week 1 = No td call.
    Week 2 = Cowboys were bad, not bears good.
    Week 3 = Packers would have won if they didn't have so many penalties.

Not that I care, all that matters is the record and ours says 3-0.

Time for bed.

Call me a hater as I wasn't impressed with you really. Yeah you took advantage of our stupidity and Urlacher made the difference, as usual, but I got to say for all Cutlers qualities I simply don't trust him; he is far too inconsistent. In a big play-off match I wouldn't want him as my QB.

Your offence didn't inspire me although like I said above I really felt you should have run it more. Your defence is good but the brief few plays we didn't give up penalties or were on the goal-line Rodgers absolutely cut through your pass defence. To be fair some of the reasons for the penalties was because of the pressure you put on but still you never looked like touching Rodgers which is the key to stopping us. I doubt/hope we will ever come close to committing the amount of penalties that we did tonight.

Your special teams delivered though.

I'm still very confident of finishing ahead in the division. I think at best you will get a wild-card.

If Cutler sorts his head out than I would re-evaluate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

god damn packers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Call me a hater as I wasn't impressed with you really. Yeah you took advantage of our stupidity and Urlacher made the difference, as usual, but I got to say for all Cutlers qualities I simply don't trust him; he is far too inconsistent. In a big play-off match I wouldn't want him as my QB.

Your offence didn't inspire me although like I said above I really felt you should have run it more. Your defence is good but the brief few plays we didn't give up penalties or were on the goal-line Rodgers absolutely cut through your pass defence. To be fair some of the reasons for the penalties was because of the pressure you put on but still you never looked like touching Rodgers which is the key to stopping us. I doubt/hope we will ever come close to committing the amount of penalties that we did tonight.

Your special teams delivered though.

I'm still very confident of finishing ahead in the division. I think at best you will get a wild-card.

If Cutler sorts his head out than I would re-evaluate.

Quoted for truth, as a Broncos fan i painfully recall what happened the last time cutler got off to a 3-0 start with a lucky win against a division rival (the hochuli bowl against the chargers).... that year finished with an ugly blowout in a road game to the same team.... interestingly enough packers host the bears in week 17 this year too......

I'll take Cutler before Cade McNown, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese etc... His positives outweigh the negatives by far. Do you think any of the QB's I listed above could make some of those throws that Cutler did last night?. The guy is a warrior. He got smacked in the head, gets up and still shows no fear slinging the ball around the field going 3/4 on the rest of the drive.
    Your offence didn't inspire me although like I said above I really felt you should have run it more.

Bears offense doesn't do as well against a great defense, que shock..
    Your defence is good but the brief few plays we didn't give up penalties or were on the goal-line Rodgers absolutely cut through your pass defence.

This is our biggest problem, the slants and anything underneath was always there because we NEVER EVER press the WR's.
    To be fair some of the reasons for the penalties was because of the pressure you put on but still you never looked like touching Rodgers which is the key to stopping us.

Don't get it twisted. Rodgers was never hit because your line held on most plays. Peppers would have had 2+ sacks easily if they didn't. It depends which way you want to look at it, you can praise Rodgers for making a play and blame the line for holding or you can be honest and say if they didn't hold Rodgers wouldn't have made some of those plays.
    I doubt/hope we will ever come close to committing the amount of penalties that we did tonight.

You wont because you don't play a DE like Peppers every week.

No shocks here, it doesn't change anything. The divison is still the Packers to lose.

Nobody is saying we are a great football team(other than the team, of course) but we have won our 3 games so far. Cutler could throw a bomb to Knox or could die on a play, that's the way the team is. Only thing for certain on this team is that Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher have a serious chance of going back to the pro bowl and playing beside each other.

What I think is hilarious is the amount of Packer fans on other forums I use who keep saying ''we dominated in every stat and you were lucky''. These are the same people who 2 weeks ago were saying to us ''stats don't matter if you don't win'' mid way through the Lions game. Some people need to get their head out of their ass, fact is the Packers f**ked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

spiralism wrote: »
    Quoted for truth, as a Broncos fan i painfully recall what happened the last time cutler got off to a 3-0 start with a lucky win against a division rival (the hochuli bowl against the chargers).... that year finished with an ugly blowout in a road game to the same team.... interestingly enough packers host the bears in week 17 this year too......

Except the Bears deserved to win last night.

The Bears D did extremely well once again last night, holding the Packers to 17 points is phenomenal. Nobody can run on the Bears atm.

The Bears left 10 points out there, the missed FG and the dropped catch.

Mike Martz needs to stop emptying the backfield out on every play and they need to run the ball more. Its not fair tbf, how Cutler hasn't come out of a game thus far is a miracle. Everybody hates Cutler but the guy has Brett Farve warrior like attributes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

themont85 wrote: »
    Except the Bears deserved to win last night.

The Bears D did extremely well once again last night, holding the Packers to 17 points is phenomenal. Nobody can run on the Bears atm.

The Bears left 10 points out there, the missed FG and the dropped catch.

Mike Martz needs to stop emptying the backfield out on every play and they need to run the ball more. Its not fair tbf, how Cutler hasn't come out of a game thus far is a miracle. Everybody hates Cutler but the guy has Brett Farve warrior like attributes.
    Thats debatable that the bears deserved to win tbf, pack had a blocked fg and 2 INTs on the game winning drive wiped out due to stupid penalties (of which there were 200 yards).... yet, despite a 200 yard handicap and repeated shooting of themselves in the foot, packers only lost to a last second fg, it's still clear as day who the team to beat in the NFC north is

Advertisement