Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Is anyone staying up to watch the Dolphins whoop the Jets' asses? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is anyone staying up to watch the Dolphins whoop the Jets' asses? :D

Staying up? I just got up for it :D

In other news, the fookin Chiefs win again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Chargers are 2 games behind the Chiefs... 2. World gone mad. At least the Raiders were the Raiders :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My heart goes out to Phillip Rivers, 455 yards and he loses. Not his fault for sure.

Absolutely delighted for Pete Carroll and the Seahawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Strange strange game. Seattle were useless in the second half, this win only papers over the cracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

If only the Chargers could defend against special teams. First McCluster and Arenas in Week 1, now Washington in Week 3.

Archimedes wrote: »
    If only the Chargers could defend against special teams. First McCluster and Arenas in Week 1, now Washington in Week 3.
    Bad coaching imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

eagle eye wrote: »
    My heart goes out to Phillip Rivers, 455 yards and he loses. Not his fault for sure.

Absolutely delighted for Pete Carroll and the Seahawks.

Same deal for Kyle Orton... 479 yards but a 14 point defeat...

Interesting 2 stats:

Denver receivers statistically are the best in the NFL right now, it flashed up in the game that they were leading the league with around 270 yards per game and Orton hit them for about another 170 between them over the rest of the match

The 4 leading passers in yardage this week had one thing in common (orton, rivers, eli manning, brees)... all their teams lost

Fergie looking quality singing the anthem at Dolphins/Jets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I was going to go to bed, but had to call the cops on my neighbours, now I am waiting up to see what happens in the game and what happens with the police

spiralism wrote: »
    Same deal for Kyle Orton... 479 yards but a 14 point defeat...

Interesting 2 stats:

Denver receivers statistically are the best in the NFL right now, it flashed up in the game that they were leading the league with around 270 yards per game and Orton hit them for about another 170 between them over the rest of the match

The 4 leading passers in yardage this week had one thing in common (orton, rivers, eli manning, brees)... all their teams lost
    Wow thats amazing. I wonder how many QBs have lost with over 400 yards, can't have happened that often.

I didn't see the Denver game but what I've noticed a lot this year is how bad some teams are in the red zone.

On the Saints loss, I think that will wake them up. They have had this Superbowl hangover but showed championship form winning ugly. They should have done it again this week(win ugly) but that loss might just shake them all up and get them motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

good drive for jets so far

Nice TD for Keller

TD Jets

Good grab from Keller

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Really nice opening drive from the Jets and in particular Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Too easy!

Wow thats amazing. I wonder how many QBs have lost with over 400 yards, can't have happened that often.

I didn't see the Denver game but what I've noticed a lot this year is how bad some teams are in the red zone.

On the Saints loss, I think that will wake them up. They have had this Superbowl hangover but showed championship form winning ugly. They should have done it again this week(win ugly) but that loss might just shake them all up and get them motoring.

happened twice this week, Eli and Brees were very nearly at 400 as well...

and regarding the Redzone inefficiency, we were a joke, 0 for 5 there, with a Maroney TD run on 4th down overturned as an inch short... hopefully it was a once off because our offence was phenomenal otherwise, just could not finish at all.

hard to know what to make of the defeat tbh, we looked sloppy but looked unreal in other aspects....

yeah, the impression i got of the saints this year was that a boot up the arse was well needed, this should spur them on though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Sanchez continuing on the form from last week. And probably most importantly the confidence. I can't believe it's the same Sanchez from most of last season taking the risks through the air.

That Jets secondary looks ripe for picking!:)

• Advertisement

Sanchez continuing on the form from last week. And probably most importantly the confidence. I can't believe it's the same Sanchez from most of last season taking the risks through the air.
    If Blue is around I'd like to hear about Sanchez. Its just something I remember from when he was at USC. I'm almost certain that he was great in night games but horrendous in early games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ironically it happened manning in week 1.

Mcdaniels has a lot to answer for, going for it on 4th and down twice -- in gimme fieldgoal range -- with time on the clock, and only a score behind. Tbh, the Colts were struggling, and just smelt the desperation.

I will say, Austin Collie is very much for real. One of the finest young Wr's in the league.

Happened Donovan McNabb last week too.

lol @ Carlson

"Woody Johnson...Damien Woody....awkward set of names when you have a sexual harassment case against you.."

Sanchez to Keller again

davyjose wrote: »
    Ironically it happened manning in week 1.

Mcdaniels has a lot to answer for, going for it on 4th and down twice -- in gimme fieldgoal range -- with time on the clock, and only a score behind. Tbh, the Colts were struggling, and just smelt the desperation.

I will say, Austin Collie is very much for real. One of the finest young Wr's in the league.

6 points... ehh wouldnt have made huge difference tbh, a touchdown on either and its an entirely different ballgame, he took gambles which backfired

if hes gonna get slammed for today, he also deserves credit for building a passing game as good as it was today

Satan manning was going to get it done eventually, we couldnt keep him from putting a drive together on us indefinitely, better to have the scores level than a 4 point game with the colts starting at at least the 20 yard line... at the worst it fails and manning starts inside his own 20. it's not that ridiculous like...

Yeah Dolphins D needs to wake to **** up and cover Keller, just unbelievable how much room he is getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Archimedes wrote: »
    Happened Donovan McNabb last week too.

Meh... in overtime. :D
    But yeah. Seems to be happening more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sorta off topic but does anyone know where I could find out the ratings for SNF on Channel 4? I'd also like to find the ratings for SNF when it was on Five to compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

davyjose wrote: »

Free agency pick up after week 1 :D
    Oh was I pleased when I seen his name on that list.

Advertisement