Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

I had an amazing steak sandwich on sourdough bread with sun dried tomato salsa today in Asador.

I've eaten there a few times (every time sharing the meat platter) and in my eyes they can do no wrong. Not the cheapest but the quality of the produce, the cooking, the wine and the lovely friendly but not overbearing staff make it one of my absolute favourite places to eat for a treat :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

New vegan place opened beside me. I had their cauliflower wings with BBQ & sriracha sauce and dill pickle aioli, they were absolutely amazing and just €6, I'll be back!

eExAwwKl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 katekuchen

Dutch pancake (based on this https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/05/10-best-apple-recipes-bramley-coxes recipe) with bananas and maple syrup

470221.jpg
    470222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

New vegan place opened beside me. I had their cauliflower wings with BBQ & sriracha sauce and dill pickle aioli, they were absolutely amazing and just €6, I'll be back!

Can I ask where you got these please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Thick slice of homebaked bread with butter and cup of espresso with cream.

...sated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 katekuchen

Leek, chickpea, lemon zest and mint soup with toasted Scéal sourdough on the side

470813.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Channa bhatura at @iyerscafe

IMG-20190119-151629.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

IMG-3771.jpg

Chicken noodle soup. Omnomnomnom

Jamie Oliver's chilli non carne. Also, non chilli cos I don't eat spicy food. Very tasty with the last of the sourdough bread.

IMG-3772.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

0459c0471e.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ I’m guessing Chicken Fried Rice. Give us a clue ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wish my poached eggs could turn out like this, is it clingfilm being used?

Delicious brunch from the other day

6d27f120-a411-47ba-9d26-e6bb67674a2e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shop bought Mexican chicken salad, I'm not sure if it was the jalapenos of the heap of raw red onion that has me sweating profusely, but it was delicious regardless.

IMG-20190320-124444.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Egg mayonnaise and salad on toast - on the patio in the sunshine :)

IMG-6168.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Two buttons easter eggs which I will regret eating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

A falafel sandwich on sourdough with a flat white.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Asian broth with rice vermicelli and vegetables

RHPrnaX.jpg

Courgette and pea soup

IMG-20190609-144645.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just had my first chopped. Spinach, chicken, carrot and chilli sauce. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Brown toast with peanut butter and home made blackberry jam...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

beertons wrote: »
    Just had my first chopped. Spinach, chicken, carrot and chilli sauce. Very nice.

Such a simple concept - fresh, finely chopped salad. Easier (more dignified) to eat than shop bought/other salad bowls. Mrs G! swears by them.

Good luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just a banana... really hit the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Would love the courgette and pea soup recipe?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah.....courgettes are going mad, 'tis the season.

Just sweating two large courgettes, right now, in butter with a few carrots, spring onions, garlic, mixed herbs, sprig of mint etc etc.

Chicken stock defrosting in microwave.

Pinch of curry powder, pepper n salt.

anewme wrote: »
    Would love the courgette and pea soup recipe?

I just made it up!

Onions, courgettes, potatoes, frozen peas sautéed in olive oil until soft.

Blended, then added dried oregano and topped with toasted seeds and olive oil.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A nice salad with chicken and rice left over from last night's dinner.

IMG-6482.jpg

Lamb kidneys marinated in olive oil, balsamic, and thyme and then grilled. On toast.

The kidney was a surprise gift from OH or i’d Have had time to get the sourdough out and buy some salad. Very yum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Patsy167

FREE Chicken and Bacon wrap from Subway courtesy of the Bargain Alerts thread. Mediocre at best. No option to toast the wrap. Subs are much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

A huevos rancheros styled lunch. Only had cheese, pinto beans and eggs though. Some avocado and salsa would have made it! Still tasty though.

506981.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hot dogs!

49708204426_11e6dc157d_z.jpg

Advertisement