Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Roast Beef, Roasties, Cauliflower Cheese, Brocolli, Carrot & Turnip Mash, Gravy and glorious Yorkshire Puds!

E572_CC15-5_D7_B-474_E-9_E50-000_C03_F5_CC8_F.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Roast Beef, Roasties, Cauliflower Cheese, Brocolli, Carrot & Turnip Mash, Gravy and glorious Yorkshire Puds!

Want!!! I've a lamb curry cooking here but I'd swap in a heartbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Roast cauliflower and garlic soup. Mmmmm, homemade soup

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

https://thehappypear.ie/recipe/5-minute-chickpea-curry/

Added only half the serving of light coconut milk and added a pile of frozen spinach... delish:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

quinoa, rocket, loads of fresh parsley, pomegranate seeds and juice, walnuts, sesame seeds, diced tomato, avocado and feta salad with a side of homemade soda bread and sun-dried tomato. Guests had roast chicken side too. It was really yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’m completely under the weather at the moment and off sick today. So I ordered chicken soup from Diep on justEat for lunch. Tom kha Gai to be precise

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

dudara wrote: »
    I’m completely under the weather at the moment and off sick today. So I ordered chicken soup from Diep on justEat for lunch. Tom kha Gai to be precise

I love Thai soups! Especially the hot and sour ones. I get the paste in oriental shops and add chicken and vegetables. Perfect when you feel under the weather.

I'm also home sick. Lunch was a comforting classic of beans on toast and a cup of tea. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I had this the other day, nicest pizza I've had since Italy. Only £8 too and almost 14inch.

The only way of eating it was with a knife and fork

2n88rde.jpg

Sweet potato curry done in the slow cooker overnight. The rice was a bit overcooked and it had absorbed the liquid so it was a touch /I] dry, but absolutely delicious. I'm going to go home, throw some more stock in, and blend the whole lot into delicious, delicious soup.

• Advertisement

Cooking Club’s Chorizo and Potato Quesadillas

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057216796/1/#post90542584

E59_B0_E48-_B2_DC-4_B7_F-_BC60-_B72968_C9_DD3_A.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Freshly made chicken and noodle soup. Ok, so store bought noodles, but the rest was from chicken bones. A few small bones that I missed when forking the batch, but sure how bad. We got them all out in the end.

A (reasonable?) attempt at ham and cheese buckwheat pancakes.

IMAG0127_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Panacakes laced in lemon juice, suagr and Kerrygold.

Egg in a nest topped with mashed avocado

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Buttermilk pancakes (ready cooked), chocolate spread, banana, blueberries. Hazelnut milk.
    Diet can feck off for the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mushroom soup, wheaten bread and mature cheddar.

IMG_3784.jpg

Carrot and Ginger Soup with Rye Soda Bread

C67_A19_AA-275_F-4_FFE-9_D3_B-7876_F44_E33_C8.jpg

I had a big bowl of Cheerios. :)

More tomato and lentil soup, why not.

IMAG0132_1.jpg

The bowl is not as big as it looks, and yes, my house is slanty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Mushroom soup, wheaten bread and mature cheddar.

Bread looks gorgeous - did you bake that yourself?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

leahyl wrote: »
    Bread looks gorgeous - did you bake that yourself?

Yes I make it at least once a week. It's Neven Maguire's MacNean House wheaten bread, it's really easy to make and freezes very well. I don't put sunflower seeds in because I never seem to have them, but I throw in a handful of oatmeal instead and it lightens the texture nicely. It's quite a sweet bread, perfect with cheese.
    The recipe is HERE - but the writer suggests using two small loaf tins. In Neven's book it says two 900ml (regular sized) tins and that's what I use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Chopped some crunchy veg (broccoli, courgettes, carrots, cabbage) mixed with crumbled bacon, sunflower seeds and dried cranberry. Have a very small take-away packet of a yummy sweet, vinegary cream, wish I knew how to make this dressing, it's addicting!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Made a tuna salad for lunch, including celery ,gherkins, spring onions and corn with a mayo and mustard dressing. Added a hard boiled egg separately.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Beef and black eye beans rogan josh with rice.

IMAG0134.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Toasted cheese sandwich.. maybe cook later..

Potato and Kale omelette with rocket salad and ajvar.

IMAG0136.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Green for the day that's in it. Vegan pancakes, crunchy peanut butter, watermelon and high protein soy yogurt.

WuJCMVTl.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Another recent lunch from the "eat my veg" food truck that travels around dublin.
    Vegan southern fried chicken, loads of types of mash, bacon dust, potato skins, garlic mayo
    DsqdmwRl.jpg

• Advertisement

Quiche and salad.

IMG_3959.jpg

Advertisement