Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

javagal wrote: »
    Brown pasta, cooked in a stock cube, added a table spoon of tomato puree, some cooking liquid and lots of roasted tomatoes and garlic with dried basil cause I killed my fresh plant.
    You nay not have killed it. Those plants you buy in the supermarket seem doomed - however they plant them or treat them, they always seem to die on me. The one on the windowsill right now has got some kind of fungal infection - I'm going to have to do as you did and pick the healthy leaves, then bin it.

I've tried growing my own, but so far without success.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

katydid wrote: »
    You nay not have killed it. Those plants you buy in the supermarket seem doomed - however they plant them or treat them, they always seem to die on me. The one on the windowsill right now has got some kind of fungal infection - I'm going to have to do as you did and pick the healthy leaves, then bin it.

I've tried growing my own, but so far without success.

I'm notorious as well for killing shop-bought basil plants. I swear they infect them with greenfly larvae before they go on the shelves!

I've only managed to keep one alive once - I had planted it outdoors, and it thrived all through the summer. It died as soon as the temperature dropped, though. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

katydid wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning. I was going to get it and make Quarktaschen as a surprise for hubby. Glad I didn't now.

Try a Polish shop. They call it twarog in there, if you can find a tub like that, this will be perfect for Quarktaschen :

twarog-dr-oetker.jpg

That's the nice and smooth stuff.
    The quark I used for lunch was more of a crumbly texture, I had bought it for baked cheesecake but it just wasn't right for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Tuna salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The same chickpea salad as last week and an aero. I really wanted a burger though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Spaghetti Arrabiata. My first pasta in months. Tastes so so good.

IMG_20150818_134810_zpsvx6r5vye.jpg

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Spaghetti Arrabiata. My first pasta in months. Tastes so so good.

[/URL]

Pasta with chopsticks. Impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Omelette with fried scallions and cherry tomatoes with chunks of feta plopped in after the egg mixture. Such a cheap and lovely and satisfying lunch.

Home made garlic mushrooms...tossed in melted garlic butter, then egg/flour/panko breadcrumbs and cooked for 35mins. First time making them, they turned out lovely.

Had them with a small bit of salad, and mayonnaise mixed with wild garlic pesto

Was starving so got stuck in without taking a pic.

Yummy pasta salad.

Tomato & mozzarella ravioli, olives, Serrano ham, chorizo, tomatoes, and smoked cheese with a dressing of red wine vinegar, garlic, mustard, and olive oil. There was supposed to be artichokes too, but I've run out and I don't think anywhere around me does them :(

lunch_zpslmflmmha.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I had chicken soup from the freezer/thermos again. I used an aldi chicken this batch and it was way tastier than the previous one. Though i did add an extra stock cube too.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Sausages, poached eggs and toast. you cant beat a nice poached egg. :)
    http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y362/neilos3/Mobile%20Uploads/20150821_182449_zps86qsyeub.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

NOS3 wrote: »
    Sausages, poached eggs and toast. you cant beat a nice poached egg. :)
    http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y362/neilos3/Mobile%20Uploads/20150821_182449_zps86qsyeub.jpg

I've certainly never seen one that looks like that :)

I've certainly never seen one that looks like that :)

that is Last nights dinner :o still not used to photobucket :o here is the 'stir fry' :P http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y362/neilos3/20150822_125115_zpsmjtrl0hf.jpg

I took advantage of M&S's picnic deal yesterday so lunch today was a mix of several of their things: potato and onion frittata, olives, sundried tomato, mozzarella, and some spinach.

photo_zpsvfek3tjt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Fresh turkey sausages with lazy rice. Lazy rice is a Portuguese way of making rice which I have learned, it has beans in it and tiny pieces of smoked bacon, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'm lazy and I love rice...share your wisdom!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Chilli bean soup. Nomnon. Followed by some melon.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

Made some herby wild mushroom ravioli with brown butter. My first time making ravioli and it went pretty well. I was originally going to make tortellini but after three I was like 'sod this for a game of fiddly fecking soldiers' and went with ravioli instead. Tasty, but nowhere near enough.

photo%201_zpsigjyrudq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Parmesan gnocchi with walnuts, spinach, mushrooms & blue cheese. Really lovely but odd at the same time as I was less than an hour out of my (lazy, lazy) bed so it was breakfast.

• Advertisement

Yesterday and today's lunch: Vegetable Tom Yum soup. I'll have enough for tomorrow too.

IMG_20150829_134757_zpst0fis6yu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Herby omelette with homemade chilli sauce.

So so so tasty.

deySF7v.jpg

Baked seafood gratin with chips and salad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I had the most miserable lunch ever today.

Ricotta and BASIL tortellini, basil? With ricotta? Didn't sit well with me before even opening the packet. Should have listened to myself. Half of the tortellini lost their filling and it was like biting into a pasta packet of slightly warm water with bits floating in it. The half that didn't loose their filling weren't much better.

Disgusted. Need to make a proper pasta dish tonight to get over it.

Whispered wrote: »

Ricotta and BASIL tortellini, basil? With ricotta?

What's wrong with this combo? I think it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    What's wrong with this combo? I think it's lovely.

I don't. I think ricotta is too mild and creamy to carry the basil.

A bowl of savoury mince and the last of my homemade naan breads. I must make them again, try get them better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A bowl of broccoli soup, from the Souper Soup thread, and a hang sangwich.

Back to school now, so I had a roast beef and lettuce sandwich with belvita, fruit and carrot sticks. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

No picture unfortunately but an amazing Salt Beef Beigel from Brick Lane. This needs to become a Sunday tradition I think...

Advertisement