Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Spiced Carrot & Lentil Soup:
    jGUmkhal.jpg

Recipe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A huge bowl of homemade chicken soup with 2 slices of buttered white loaf for dipping :)

zohg6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

northgirl wrote: »
    Free range roasted chicken, stuffing, carrots & dauphinoise potatoes @ the FarmGate, English Market, Cork.

<mod pic snip>

Looks yum. The top of the bone looks like a wolf to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Sweet Rose wrote: »
    Looks yum. The top of the bone looks like a wolf to me :D

Lol! Never noticed that before :) It was a really great meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tesco's Italian vine tomato and lentil soup, and threw a can of chickpeas in it too to stretch it. Deliciousness Maximus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have been feeling ill the last few days so haven't eaten. I decided to brave a banana for lunch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Get well soon. :)

Last night's leftover curries with freshly made garlic naan.

IMG_20141010_135445_zpspv5zsa0i.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Goat's cheese sandwich & twice cooked chips from a local wine bar. Was alright (fussy moanbag here). Lovely glass of Malbec though! Practically needed a disco nap afterwards but I have soldiered masterfully through

Pardon my advanced years, but what in the name of Jaysus is a 'disco nap'?
    (I'll wager a farthing that DB doesn't know what it is either, but she thanked the post anyway to look hip & 'with it'. :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

(I'll wager a thruppence that DB doesn't know what it is either, but she thanked the post anyway to look hip & 'with it'. :pac:)

You're not on your own, I had to google it! :D

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=disco+nap

Ah, a 'dance hall doze' as we called it back in the good ol' days... :)

I always use it to refer to those times when I end up needing a sleep because of wine or, way more often, wine & a meal but it can only be a nap because I need to be up & out pretty shortly. A little refresher nap as it were.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

(I'll wager a farthing that DB doesn't know what it is either, but she thanked the post anyway to look hip & 'with it'. :pac:)

Not a clue here either! I'll send you a farthing.

I thanked it because I love MissFlitworth's way with words :D

I thanked it because I love MissFlitworth's way with words :D

*blushes*

Yesterday for lunch I had half a bag of chocolate raisins sitting outside my 18 year old cousins school waiting for him to finish a thing he was playing music at so I could sit in the car with him as he drove them and then us home. I had to this point thought I was a sort of 'young in the head' person but after spending half an hour in a car with 3 18 year olds I can confirm that I am not. I am 32 in the head, maybe older.

Bringing friend out for lunch today, haven't decided where to or for what yet but getting starving

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Today I am going to the Westin to have their Most Peculiar Afternoon Tea. Bursting with excitement, will update with pics anon!

Today I am going to the Westin to have their Most Peculiar Afternoon Tea. Bursting with excitement, will update with pics anon!

Enjoy! I had regular afternoon tea there a couple of months ago and severe jealousy looking at the tables around us with the Most Peculiar version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Smoked bacon with crepes and maple syrup. Look at that glorious puddle of syrup!

baconandpancakes_zpsd0028c7a.jpg

Had FIL over for Sunday lunch - slow roasted leg of lamb with garlic and rosemary, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, carrots and peas. And a lashing of gravy.
    Dessert was Supervalu chocolate pudding with vanilla ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Most Peculiar Afternoon Tea at the Westin. I r happeh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Forgot to take a pic. Went to octopussy in Howth for tapas. Had chorizo bravas, prawn pil pil and calamari. It was nyommers.

Pumpkin soup (ok, bit over seasoned) & a cheese scone (excellent). Love the bright pumpkin colour

A028CC8B-8979-4972-818F-A10784218769_zpsyotwm81w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Mushroom Soup with chunks of buttered bread thrown in yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Ooh, I was there for afternoon tea a few weeks ago, the traditional tea. It was really lovely!

Open toasted sandwiches with ham, smoked cheese, Ploughman's pickle & mustard.

Inspired by sausage casserole from the cooking club by Moody Mona. It's a case of throwing everything I have in the fridge into the pot. Added celery, onion, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, and a pinch of paprika.

IMG_20141017_125708_zpsjstq4n7q.jpg

A fresh & hot from the oven raclette pretzel and some a lot of all :(
    of this bar of malted chocolate. *waves from Zurich*

F42445C1-4AF1-4A12-9E54-3FE8B34DEDDD_zps45c3wie3.jpg

9D6ACF5A-F96C-4A9A-A392-FE0AC1DA9511_zpstd78tepg.jpg

Greüzi! En Gueta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Greüzi! En Gueta!
    Bless you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I went in January - it was a beautiful experience! Went with 3 friends (it was one of my friends 30th bday pressie) and we all ordered the traditional except for one of us - kind of wish I had gotten the peculiar one now as I preferred what was in that one but it was still lovely :)

Advertisement