Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Smoked salmon conchiglie with creme fraiche and peas.

I do similar with bacon. Such a good combo. My sis does strips of courgette instead of peas. nomnomnom.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Back to more autumnal flavour combinations for my lunchtime salads: caramelized pear, mushrooms, crispy bacon, some cheese, lettuce with a creamy dressing

6152E9F678FE4D9695E0344E64E294BB-0000353053-0003652850-00800L-C28F73EA28E44837A66759838E577FA0.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Toasted McCambridge's bread with mayonnaise, pesto, lettuce, turkey, onion, tomato and parmesan. Popped under the grill to melt the cheese.

2ntwkg5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Chicken with pesto, Swiss cheese and lettuce in a ciabatta from Cafe Java. Very yummy and filling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Getting organised for the week ahead so I made 3 big cobb salads for work lunches. Cherry tomatoes, onion, cucumber, egg, chicken, bacon, little gem. I made a dressing using the fancy olive oil I brought back from Spain earlier this month - the dressing is in the bottom of the jar so everything will stay crisp and fresh until I mix it up. Already looking forward to lunch tomorrow!

a934493c-d665-43c1-aee6-6c43e83c714b_zpsbc76cb92.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Getting organised for the week ahead so I made 3 big cobb salads for work lunches.

Looks great :) Where did you pick up the jars?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Great idea Homemadecider! They look great! Making me hungry!

northgirl wrote: »
    Looks great :) Where did you pick up the jars?

I got them in Homestore & More. They're 1 litre capacity, they were €4.50 each I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Getting organised for the week ahead so I made 3 big cobb salads for work lunches. Cherry tomatoes, onion, cucumber, egg, chicken, bacon, little gem. I made a dressing using the fancy olive oil I brought back from Spain earlier this month - the dressing is in the bottom of the jar so everything will stay crisp and fresh until I mix it up. Already looking forward to lunch tomorrow!

I am very impressed but also hate you for being so organised. Does that make sense? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Stunning afternoon in Dublin. Had 12 over for a late lunch so moved the kitchen table out to the garden and had roast chicken, roast potatoes, roasted carrots/celery/onion, cauliflower cheese, broccoli and pickled cabbage under a beautiful blue sky. Copious amounts of wine/beer/champagne. Happy, happy days. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Roast pork, potatoes, fried onions, gravy, stuffing & crackling sitting in the People's Park in Dun Laoghaire in the sonnenscheinen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

2 sea bass fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper and topped with lemon and basil.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Sushi for lunch today. It's such good value here! 22 pieces for $8.50 (€6), plus miso soup (which I don't get at all - what's the point of it?!). It was more than enough for 2 of us. We had a California roll, a yam tempura roll and a tuna roll. I didn't think I'd be mad about the tuna, but with a bit of pickled ginger, it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Some really impressive lunches in here!!
    I had a tuna wrap and a kinder pengui

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Faith wrote: »
    Sushi for lunch today. It's such good value here! 22 pieces for $8.50 (€6), plus miso soup (which I don't get at all - what's the point of it?!). It was more than enough for 2 of us. We had a California roll, a yam tempura roll and a tuna roll. I didn't think I'd be mad about the tuna, but with a bit of pickled ginger, it was lovely.

Sushi is my favourite lunch, why can't it be cheaper here though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

We had wholesome rice and spiced vegetable broth followed by naughty fried banana with nutella from my cooking club entry.

2014-09-04%2015.45.01_zpsfnztkmmh.jpg

Large baked potatoes with crispy skin. Cut in half, flesh scooped out and mixed with crispy bacon, sweetcorn, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. It really hit the spot. I'm stuffed to the gills now though, and will be having a very small dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Friday's lunch:
    Dahi Puri in Iyer's , Cork.
    Pretty delicate morsels thet were very quickly gobbled:D

7iiTci.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

A quick Sunday lunch, starter and desert

6LyzZX.jpg

Chicken breast, marinated then into water over braided with bacon.. overnight... quick 75 secs microwave blast , chips.. par boiled and deep fry.. Maris piper.. not fat chips, closer to french.

and marinade sauce... cumin, coriander, spoonful white wine, olke oil all puroise seasoning. (pateks)

7mq4Nw.jpg

relatively quick, and tasty.

Maple cured pork belly, scrambled eggs sprinkled with hot sauce (HOW have I never discovered that combination before?!), paprika-dusted home fries and toast.

Yum yum yum!

And it'll shortly be followed by afternoon tea of peanut butter M&Ms. I'm getting back on the no-sugar bandwagon tomorrow so I'm going out with a bang tonight!

• Advertisement

Friday's lunch:
    Dahi Puri in Iyer's , Cork.
    Pretty delicate morsels thet were very quickly gobbled:D

Ooooooh what are they exactly? Crispy savoury cups with some filling?

Oriental-style duck salad with lots of veggies. I made a dressing from light soy sauce, honey, grated ginger & garlic.

ducksalad_zps9dc9b131.jpg

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Ooooooh what are they exactly? Crispy savoury cups with some filling?

Pretty much that.
    I think the filling was pea and potato. They were as much about texture as anything else with lots of yoghurt too.
    They were really good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Haven't had it yet, but will in a few minutes.

It'll be salad with avocado, cucumber, sweet corn, spring onion, marinated olives and little spicy stuffed peppers, with lots of mixed leaves.
    Dressed with balsamic and olive oil.

Can't wait now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Brocolli, potato, and cheddar soup. Lovely and filling.

Eggs Benedict is a pretty big thing here, with loads of variations (and usually listed on a menu as 'Bennies'). So today for lunch I had a California Benny - toasted muffin, avocado, tomato, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. Served with an entirely unnecessary portion of home fries (or hash browns, as they call them here :confused:) and some hot sauce. Delicious, and SO filling!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Toasted sesame seed bagels with cream cheese & smoked salmon. Haven't had it for years. Yum!

Yummers chilli beef from the cooking club, served with steamed rice.

Posh instant noodles (beef soup flavour) with Chinese leaves from the garden.

4VaXdE.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A toasted fly sandwich. :pac:

Advertisement