Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Who are the players to watch out for today?

The ND QB is making his first start today so keep an eye on him to see how he gets on. I don't know anything about the Navy players to be honest but when they have the ball keep an eye out for NDs no. 5 Manti Te'o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

GA3 to return a punt/kick for a TD - book it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Who are the players to watch out for today?

The LB wearing 5 T'eo, the safety 26, center 52 and DE 89.

All will be Pros. (all Irish of course)

matthew8 wrote: »
    Jeez St. Norbert 40-3 John Carroll 3. Sounds like a massacre, though apart from the second quarter only 13-3. Glad I left after the first.

Other way around no?. JCU won right.

Their QB Myers and the WR Madden looked real good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭decies

Me and me Julie ready to rock , me Tom Brady red jersey and me Julie Tom Brady blue !!! Easy to spot lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Right in the city now.. where's the craic at - is there anywhere I can pick up a jersey before the game??

I've just watched a few videos of the interviews with the players/coaches and is any else embarrassed at some of the questions being asked by some of the Irish press?

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XolbZoV1Iio&list=UUL4uWCx88sOjzXvcZSZuHmQ&index=2&feature=plcp

Who's your favourite NFL Player? Oh my God.

Who is the Navy player?, assume he is starting QB?. (the 1st one)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Right in the city now.. where's the craic at - is there anywhere I can pick up a jersey before the game??

I'm looking for one of those huge hands and a hat that has beer cans at both sides, anywhere got them?

What time are ceremony's kicking off in the Aviva, a navy guy told me be in for 1, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

What time does the game start?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What time does the game start?

Tickets says 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Other way around no?. JCU won right.

Their QB Myers and the WR Madden looked real good.

Stupid ESPN. They had it down as Norbert 40-3 JCU. I felt something was wrong when they had the first quarter as JCU 3-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Hey guys, just looking for advice from any photographers on this thread. I'd like to bring my camera today, but I'm not really sure about the lens. Ere is what is on my camera: http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/2170/AF-S-DX-Zoom-NIKKOR-18-55mm-f%252F3.5-5.6G-ED-II.html#tab-ProductDetail-ProductTabs-TechSpecs

It says its 2.9 in there, but I measured mine and I'm convinced it's about 3.5 in. I just hope I'm measuring from the wrong spot. Just wondering if I'll get in with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Anyone know will there be any official gear/merch on sale in or near the Aviva? or will it just be the shop on Grafton street?

Notre Dame band playing at the central bank - very good atmosphere here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

is this on tv??;)

also are the tickets sold out? was just on ticketmaster seems so!:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Navy guy with his wife and kids on the bus, kinda looks like an older Troy P, his 2 daughters are playing his hair, I'd take a picture but he'd probably break me in half!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Can anyone tell me where the aviva box office collectionis? Can't find any info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

gerire wrote: »
    Why is it safe to say ND will win? their QB is rookie and the suspensions +15.5 is the best bet out there

Glad I took ND -14.5 now :D

Turning into a bit of a blowout, not a great advertisement for the game at all to be honest.

Was at JC against Norbert last night and ended up leaving early cos it was 40-3!

Highschool game was awesome though, 30-29 with a FG winning it with 50 seconds left on the clock!

Pity the game is turning into a blowout but 2 missed point aftershocks has to be a concern for ND

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Absolutely loved it.

The blowout made it actually more fun in my section because it was all Notre Dame fans, their post score ritual of hoisting a female into the air for every point scored was really pissing off the Aviva ground stewards, they tried to kick a few lads out for doing it, but the whole crowd turned on them and they were forced to leave it alone, was good to see.

Great atmosphere, some great football played, the ND band was awesome. All in all absolutely fantastic experience, hopefully the first of many.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The blowout made it actually more fun in my section because it was all Notre Dame fans, their post score ritual of hoisting a female into the air for every point scored.

It wasn't just females that were hoisted in to the air. I saw an old guy being lifted too, and the Marines also did it after one score.

Brilliant day, great atmosphere. The bands were great, the cheerleaders were good, the game itself was good .... but the fans really made it.

Now, time to pack up and leave the stadium. :D

A good day out, pity the game wasn't much of a contest but the atmosphere and occasion was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Really enjoyed today. I will point out my one gripe: €10 for the piece of crap match programme. Yes, i know i didn't have to buy it, but fck sake, why do we have to take the piss on things like this, we are BEGGING Americans to come over with this "The Gathering" BS, there is no need to go to town on it altogether. I was at Anfield last Sunday for Liverpool v Man City, programme was twice as good as todays one, cost was £3. For what its worth, programme says printed in Ireland, Grafton taking the credit. It may well have been produced in the States, but i would imagine the price was dictated over here. They just added an extra fiver to take advantage of the tourists. Sheer greed.

Decent game entertainment-wise, considering how one sided it was. Nice to chat to a few Americans sitting near me, hope they have a quality night out in town tonight.

Really enjoyed today. I will point out my one gripe: €10 for the piece of crap match programme. Yes, i know i didn't have to buy it, but fck sake, why do we have to take the piss on things like this, we are BEGGING Americans to come over with this "The Gathering" BS, there is no need to go to town on it altogether. I was at Anfield last Sunday for Liverpool v Man City, programme was twice as good as todays one, cost was £3. For what its worth, programme says printed in Ireland, Grafton taking the credit. It may well have been produced in the States, but i would imagine the price was dictated over here. They just added an extra fiver to take advantage of the tourists. Sheer greed.

Decent game entertainment-wise, considering how one sided it was. Nice to chat to a few Americans sitting near me, hope they have a quality night out in town tonight.

Today was probably the first time I was at a match and didn't buy a program. I have a full set from matches of all sports going back years but I drew the line today. I did go to buy one but when i heard the price I said "no, I'm a local, what's the real price?". I walked away.

Today was probably the first time I was at a match and didn't buy a program. I have a full set from matches of all sports going back years but I drew the line today. I did go to buy one but when i heard the price I said "no, I'm a local, what's the real price?". I walked away.

Better man than me, glad to hear it! I'm just a sucker for them, got into the habit of buying the match programme when i started going to matches over 20 years ago, still generally buy one and read through at half-time, but today left a bad taste. More fool me for paying it.

Better man than me, glad to hear it! I'm just a sucker for them, got into the habit of buying the match programme when i started going to matches over 20 years ago, still generally buy one and read through at half-time, but today left a bad taste. More fool me for paying it.

So was their much in it? I ended up using wikipedia on my phone to get the roster info I would have got from the program

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Price of the crappy programme was a disgrace Also being unable to use a laser card at the bar sucked ass.
    The staff/management were totally unprepared for the sheer volume of food being consumed and it was out of stock in more than one section pre game.
    In fairness it got restocked for half time but all smacked of being a bit Irish!

Enjoyed the spectacle of the game and the nice couple I sat beside who were part of the Navy family!

So was their much in it? I ended up using wikipedia on my phone to get the roster info I would have got from the program

No, fair bit of tourity "welcome to Ireland from Enda Kenny" type stuff, brief history of ND and Navy, picture of each player on each teams roster. Oh, and the obligatory "What Is American Football?" pages for those who knew nothing about the game to explain the basics of the game. €4 or so would have been fair, fiver at a push.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The Americans eat so much though, do much more than Irish people. The couple sitting in front of me had 3 burger and chips meals through the game and they were normal sized!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Had a fantastic day. Great to mingle with some of the visitors, myself and JohnnyRyan99 had a couple of drinks with the guys who were playing in Donnybrook yesterday (but don't tell their coaches that!) and they were dead on.

Was also a victim of the crappy match programme but meh, had a great time anyway. The gold dome helmets are absolutely beautiful in real life! :)

Oh, and GA3 duly delivered :D

Advertisement