Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late to the Party - Anyone up for a fantasy football league?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Rogers and Owens are doing their best to get me a first fantsy win in spite of those selected with them!
    I'll be back. Only got two players in play at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I'll be back. Only got two players in play at the moment...

No doubt, I think i've only 2 to play later. Need to build a bit of a lead.

Down by around 7.

I've got Forte and Nicks, you've got Knox and Ricky Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I've got the highest overall total and I still have Mr. Potatohead yet to play! Woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Sorry guys that I wasnt around this weekend much. Was happy enough with my team although could have used a few free Agents. But no matter. I've lost this week as the Cunning Stunts appear to have the upper hand. Good game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

^ this

sorry i wasn't keeping up with the thread over the weekend! i'm not gonna bitch about anything though, ya live and learn, it's all just a bit of fun :)

just out of curiosity, am i likely to see game score spoilers on the fantasy section of the nfl site? i want to log in but i haven't watched some games from the weekend that i want to see yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Adam wrote: »
    ^ this

sorry i wasn't keeping up with the thread over the weekend! i'm not gonna bitch about anything though, ya live and learn, it's all just a bit of fun :)

just out of curiosity, am i likely to see game score spoilers on the fantasy section of the nfl site? i want to log in but i haven't watched some games from the weekend that i want to see yet?

Yeah I think it shows the scores for each game beside the individual player scores.

Anyone know what the hell happened the Bears last night, I mean Cutler 42 yards and an interception :rolleyes:

San Diego defence and McCoy saving my week from being a complete mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

SSK wrote: »
    Yeah I think it shows the scores for each game beside the individual player scores.

Anyone know what the hell happened the Bears last night, I mean Cutler 42 yards and an interception :rolleyes:

San Diego defence and McCoy saving my week from being a complete mess.
    cheers, that's me hiding in dark corners with my eyes closed for the day! :)

Free agency has opened up (by itself, I should add!) for a few players playing tonight and those on byes, so anyone in need should take a look in case help is to be found!

Winning my game by about 5. UnitedIrishman's got Ricky Williams, can he do it?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm going to merge this into the main FF thread after tonight to keep everything in one place.

Will leave it stand alone for the moment though so people can pick up on the free agencies.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm going to merge this into the main FF thread after tonight to keep everything in one place.

Will leave it stand alone for the moment though so people can pick up on the free agencies.

Yeah, I was starting to think it was time to migate, but that'd be easier!

Winning my game by about 5. UnitedIrishman's got Ricky Williams, can he do it?!?!?

I saw that - it's a real knife edge. Williams isn't going to get huge yardage around the field given his age and how he's been playing this season so far, but I'd be scared that they'd use him to ram the ball into the end-zone on X & goal, and without a fumble that alone would be enough for United to win.

Syferus wrote: »
    Free agency has opened up (by itself, I should add!) for a few players playing tonight and those on byes, so anyone in need should take a look in case help is to be found!
    It doesnt seem to have for me - every time I go to add someone it tells me that I have made a successful waivers application and that it will only take place after 7th October - or am I doing something wrong?

It doesnt seem to have for me - every time I go to add someone it tells me that I have made a successful waivers application and that it will only take place after 7th October - or am I doing something wrong?

Check for players with 'FA' in their rows and not 'W (Oct 7)' - they're exclusively Patriots and Dolphins players and the four teams with byes this week, you'll be able to add them instantly.

Ah right! Sorry bout that! :D

Might be willing to part with Tim Hightower or Kevin Walter, if anyone wants to grind out a deal.

Of course he can.. ;)

Picked up my boy Dexter McCLuster on a FA, love that guy.

Of course he can.. ;)
    Ahhhhh feck him.

• Advertisement

Well got some of my waivers which I'm happy about. Now if Hillis can get himself ready for Sunday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Man I've been riddled with injuries this week: Cutler and McFadden definitely out, McCoy unlikely to play as well.

Have AP back so its not all bad, and picked up Torain on waivers to give me some RB back up if McCoy doesn't play.

SSK wrote: »
    Man I've been riddled with injuries this week: Cutler and McFadden definitely out, McCoy unlikely to play as well.

Have AP back so its not all bad, and picked up Torain on waivers to give me some RB back up if McCoy doesn't play.

I'd say there's reason to think Torain will put up a good show this week so even if McCoy's injured I'd be pretty confident in starting him; I picked him up in another league and I've slotted him straight in because my starters are both on byes.

Also, how was Chris Cooley not picked up on waivers!? I was sure I'd lost out on him after somehow thinking Kellen Winslow was a better pick for back-up TE (and honestly, Cooley has been out-preforming Veron Davis almost consistently this season so I'll get some real use out of Cooley) in the draft. I picked up Tony Moeki becuase I was dead sure Cooley would be gone straight away, but nope! He's the most reliable cog in Washington's uninspired passing attack and him and McNabb seem to have developed a nice chemistry and he's the sixth highest fantasy point scoring TE in the entire league - thanks to everyone else for passing!

I was going to pick up Cooley. But I already have in him both my other leagues so decided to leave him out of this one for a bit of variety. I agree though, he's been a great point getter for me so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Well this is the last week of games isnt it? Very close playoff picture, with several teams involved.

I would love to know who wrote the following as our league story? Entitled Drunk at the Wheel
    As the dust settles on the 2010 Late to the Party fantasy draft we've been let with many questions, most centering on the mental state of the owners.

Cunning Stunts picked the mis-firing Maurice Jones-Drew 7th overall; The Skinheads somehow saw fit to use their first pick to select Beanie Wells, a running back so brilliant that he's available as a free agent in 18.5% of fantasy leagues. The most questionable early pick was yet to come, however.

At 17th overall the Prefab Raiders selected the Browns' breakout full-back cum half-back Peyton Hillis. The owner of the Paper Mice openly questioned his own sanity after he realized that in drafting both Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger he'd left himself without a quarterback for the first round of games, necessitating the use of his final pick for paperweight-turned-Dolphins-star Chad Henne.

This writer believes the owners' universally below-par intelligence will make for some exciting match-ups and trades in the coming months.

Slagging my (autopick) drafting of MJD in the 1st is bad enough, but how much the comments about Hillis have backfired is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I think only the league manager can edit the league story. That is an epic fail btw, thanks for sharing :)

Think I'm the only one guaranteed a playoff spot in this one seeing as two 6-4 teams are up against each other in another fixture - that'll decide the lineup depending on how the other two 6-4 teams do against losing sides.

Very interesting finish though and could well come down to score difference at the end.

Now all I have to try do is find a few players for the playoff.. hmmm.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Well this is the last week of games isnt it? Very close playoff picture, with several teams involved.

I would love to know who wrote the following as our league story? Entitled Drunk at the Wheel

Slagging my (autopick) drafting of MJD in the 1st is bad enough, but how much the comments about Hillis have backfired is hilarious.

It was wrote in week three when Hillis was still a free agent in a majority of leagues, well done on it working out - fantastically - but it certainly wasn't the prevailing drafting position for him at the time.

It was a bit of fun and wasn't meant to be serious analysis!

Ah yeah, it's all a bit of fun. I remember reading it at the time and laughing, its just funnier now!

• Advertisement

Was dismayed when I seen that despite having a projection of over 130 i was still predicted to lose my playoff. Until last night when my opponents Malcolm Floyd got injured and my Vince Jackson settled back into the offence with 3 TD's.....BOOM :pac:

Advertisement