Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late to the Party - Anyone up for a fantasy football league?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

That is a great team. Austin, Maclin and Welker!

And Orton/Sanchez and Vick are great QBs to mix up, if it doesn't work out with Vick.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Syferus wrote: »
    My God, Henne's head is huge.

Yeah, so there I was, drafting Romo with my second pick, Big Ben as my long game back-up only to realise Romo is on his bye week! Henne was actually decent value as my final pick of the draft, especially given my utter need for a QB for this week.

I hope he uses all that head real estate to store photogrpahic memory of playbooks.

Yeah I think Henne's been decent so far, not sure about his consistency, but sure you only need him for one week, and I would expect the Pats to give up some points this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

QB C. Henne - MIA

RB D. Williams -CAR

RB F. Gore - SF

WR R. White - ATL

WR C. Johnson - DET

WR D. Driver - GB

TE V. Davis - SF

K B. Cundiff - BAL

DEF Ravens

Bench
    WR D. Mason - BAL
    QB T. Romo - DAL
    RB A. Bradshaw - NYG
    WR M. Manningham - NYG
    QB B. Roethlisberger- PIT
    TE K. Winslow - TB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Lord, some of my lads are for the drop.

Greene, Meachem, Cotchery.. bah!

Some selection decisions to be made...

Forte (@NYG) or Best (@GB)? Forte has the easier tie but may continue his inconsistancy running the ball.

Nicks (v Chicago) or Lance Moore (v Carolina)? Nicks may get targeted a lot but Moore has the easier tie, but may have dried up his well after last week...

• Advertisement

All the free agents are stuck on waivers until the 7th, so my opponent this week is going to have no active tight end.. no one wants to have unfair advantages in things like this!

So can we just drop players on our list now and replace them with any of the undrafted players? I might look into that :o

ED I think Best is an injury doubt, but I'd probably go with Forte anyway, the lions will do well to score nil in Green Bay and the Giants suck at the moment

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Some selection decisions to be made...

Forte (@NYG) or Best (@GB)? Forte has the easier tie but may continue his inconsistancy running the ball.

Nicks (v Chicago) or Lance Moore (v Carolina)? Nicks may get targeted a lot but Moore has the easier tie, but may have dried up his well after last week...

Best is questionable with some manner of injury so that choice could be made for you by Sunday morning!

I'd go for Nicks, if only for the facts the Giants are at home, need a big game and Rodgers was slicing through the Chicago secondary on Monday.

SSK wrote: »
    So can we just drop players on our list now and replace them with any of the undrafted players? I might look into that :o

ED I think Best is an injury doubt, but I'd probably go with Forte anyway, the lions will do well to score nil in Green Bay and the Giants suck at the moment
    Yeah a toe injury but he's expecting to play. You're probably right, if Forte was to run well it might come in this game.

All the free agents are stuck on waivers until the 7th, so my opponent this week is going to have no active tight end.. no one wants to have unfair advantages in things like this!

Yeah the team I'm playing has Favre, Berrian, J Charles, Felix Jones, Ryan Grant and the Vikings kicker and defense! In spite of myself I might actually get a win :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah the team I'm playing has Favre, Berrian, J Charles, Felix Jones, Ryan Grant and the Vikings kicker and defense! In spite of myself I might actually get a win :cool:

Oh dear. NFL.com's two month old draft rankings strike again! I got Grant in the first league I joined (which I also forgot to partcipate in the draft!), but then he got IR'd for the entire season after 45 yards of the first game. Needless to say, I've been trying to fill that void (among others) ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Here's what I ended up with thanks to the auto-draft:

draft.jpg

Few players there I'll certainly be shifting on, most likely Brown and Portis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm new to this so can I get undrafted players now? :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm new to this so can I get undrafted players now? :pac:

You can put in a waiver request for a player, but nothing is finalised until Oct 7th, after this weekend's games.

The waivers work on the basis of your ranking in the league - if Team A (ranked 1st) and Team B (ranked 2nd) put in a request for the same player during waivers the team with the lowest ranking in the league (Team B in this case) gets the player. After the waivers clear on Oct 7th there peroid from then until the next set of games will allow any team to sign any free agent player without dealing with waivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

you're welcome! missed the stupid draft :(

Take a good look at the league homepage. A good look!

Just throwing it out there because so many people have bye week players and not enough players to fill their active spots, but I could change the league settings from waivers to free agency and allow everyone to pick up players now?

The only downside is obviously that it'd be first come first served. I can set the waivers back up again afterwards, but it might make sense and it'd give everyone a half decent chance of being competitive, I don't think anyone would relish beating someone with three inactive players on their active team! What does everyone think?

And yeah, I'm spamming this message everywhere I can find, but it is pretty short notice!

I don't have any players on byes, but yeah, go for it. There's quite a few decent players still available and there is some teams with a lot of byes.

I'm happy enough where I'm at but I've no problem with opening up free agency.

Means I mightn't get the handy win I was expecting though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Would be unfair to change the rules a few hours before the start of your first gameweek without everyone having a say on the matter.

• Advertisement

An email was sent out to everybody so I'd say there were more replies then in here.

I wonder how many people would be online from half 5 on a Sunday morning though. Giving what 12 hours notice, most of those hours at an ungodly hour? Bit harsh for those that wont be online.

Ok, so I've got four positive responses so far.. I'll give everyone until 4PM to have a chance to see, but if nothing major changes by then and at least one more person gets back to me - meaning that even if everyone who doesn't respond would be negative to the idea, the pro side will have a majority - I will open up free agency.

Still nothing. It's a 50-50 split in terms of who knows and who doesn't with everyone who does responding positively.

Still nothing. It's a 50-50 split in terms of who knows and who doesn't with everyone who does responding positively.

Wait until next week, give everyone a fair chance to respond. Being Sunday and all, people probably have other plans.

Well after this weekend's games most people's byes would have passed.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Well after this weekend's games most people's byes would have passed.

Well then they shouldn't have drafted so many players from the same bye weeks, that's part of FF. I have 4 players on bye in the Premier League, but you have to accept that and cope somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I think it was more because the draft was arranged on such short notice that a lot of people had to auto-draft and so ended up with a lot of players with the same bye-week.

tbh I'm easy either way.

At this point it's really too late to do anything, but the argument Archimedes made isn't particularly correct - because there was no waivers/free agency due to the draft being on Friday we had a situation where in another league you had the option to pick-up emergancy cover for bye week players but herethat wasn't possible.

To everyone with bye players - if it seriously effects you team - you'll be #1 or #2 on waivers so make sure to get your pick of the free agents in, there's some good players there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Rogers and Owens are doing their best to get me a first fantsy win in spite of those selected with them!

Advertisement