Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late to the Party - Anyone up for a fantasy football league?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i could give it a lash, i'm only following my first full season this year though so newb alert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Adam wrote: »
    i could give it a lash, i'm only following my first full season this year though so newb alert :)

PM'd! We have 12 now, but if anyone hasn't joined up by Thursday we may be looking for a sub then!

i hope my team name isn't lost on people, i am not a nazi! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Where does it say join on the league page? :confused:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Where does it say join on the league page? :confused:
    i didn't see it either, so i just clicked login and on the home page after you log in there's a link saying "Got a league invite?" or something to that effect, then you put in the league ID and password.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Thanks, joined :D

Won't be about for the draft. Will be at the Shels match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Joined and Team named.Now for a good draft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Considering I'm a complete newbie to this thing.. it's going to be some craic to see what I end up with out of my pre-ranked players when get back from work. Could be dodge altogether!

Considering I'm a complete newbie to this thing.. it's going to be some craic to see what I end up with out of my pre-ranked players when get back from work. Could be dodge altogether!

I compleletely forgot about the first league until long afte rthe draft so I got computer picks..! In all fairness Rodgers as my #1 when I could have ended up with a fantasy burst balloon like Jones-Drew wasn't too bad! It left me with issues at WR and RB2 because it picked Marques Colston as my #1 WR and he's been having a really bad start to the year.

There's always someone unknown who annouces themselves at skill positions every few weeks so it's never all lost!

anyone got any pre-draft tips for the new kid? for the draft and the league in general?

• Advertisement

anyone got any pre-draft tips for the new kid? for the draft and the league in general?

One of the simpliest things I've found is that kickers are highly disposable (not particularly unlike their status in real life..!) and you can easily not draft one and pick one up off the free agents slate. It doesn't matter if you get the most accurate kicker in the league if his offense just cuts through the opposition and only gives him PAT points. I tend to look at a kicker's schedule for the next game and see if there's potential for the other team's defense to cancel out enough to mean the kicker is likely to be slotting over a few field goals - even if his team loses 40-9, those 9 points (or more, depending on the range) will make for a very productive week at kicker for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Look at the bye weeks, they are important. Over the next 7 or 8 weeks some teams dont play. Try to make sure you dont have all your players missing on one particular week. One way around this is to ensure you dont overload your team with players from just one or two NFL teams.

Ok! Two people stil lhaven't joined and the draft is tomorrow- I can't even tell exactly which two haven't because only a few owners' teams bear any relationship to their boards.ie handles. I'll give them until tomorrow to see this and join, but toherwise I'll be scrambling frantically for two subs tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

On a side note, is anyone here using the NFLUK Fantasy Football at all? There are prizes each week for the highest score and the overall winner gets tickets to the Superbowl. You get $18m and pick your team and can change it every week and can create your own leagues to compete only with a group of friends as well as automatically being in the overall competition for prizes.

Perhaps we could start one for the Boards on there too?

Paddy C wrote: »
    On a side note, is anyone here using the NFLUK Fantasy Football at all? There are prizes each week for the highest score and the overall winner gets tickets to the Superbowl. You get $18m and pick your team and can change it every week and can create your own leagues to compete only with a group of friends as well as automatically being in the overall competition for prizes.

Perhaps we could start one for the Boards on there too?

I'd be up for that! They run the promo so much the by-line is scarred into my brain as it is!

And it looks like we need two more people - draft is 9pm Friday, remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What time is the draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Its at 9pm Eire.

Nice.

Best of luck y'all

Still need two people - this is pretty serious because we can't draft if we don't get two more people! Anyone at all that has an interest in some fantasy football please respond, and quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You can change the number of teams in your league under settings, or are there just not enough for the minimum requirement?

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    You can change the number of teams in your league under settings, or are there just not enough for the minimum requirement?

That was my first thought, but when I went through to the edit settings page I could only see options to change things like waiver rules and no team numbers.. could you tell me where it is, please!? We have 10 signed up and ready so we're no below any minimum.

EDIT: Found it - draft is gonig ahead as planned at 9pm tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Syferus wrote: »
    That was my first thought, but when I went through to the edit settings page I could only see options to change things like waiver rules and no team numbers.. could you tell me where it is, please!? We have 10 signed up and ready so we're no below any minimum.

EDIT: Found it - draft is gonig ahead as planned at 9pm tonight!

Great stuff, I'll look forward to it. And please no one be too critical of my draft choices, its my first time and I'm doing this for experience purposes mainly ;)

I have a rough list done up so hopefully I'll get some sort of decent team together :D

7th pick. Ugh!

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    7th pick. Ugh!

2nd, nice :D

draftv.png

Rackers as K.

Might do a little better than in the other league I'm in at least.

And Ray Rice, your season starts NOW! :D

teamx.png

I think I'm happy enough but not 100% sure. I've taken a punt on a couple of players who've impressed me so far, don't know how they'll fair.

Might be looking to trade off a RB maybe as I think I may have over-invested there, we'll see. Pretty pissed that AP's bye is the first gameweek :rolleyes:

Nice team ED, I really like the look of Jahvid Best, could be a steal

SSK wrote: »

I think I'm happy enough but not 100% sure. I've taken a punt on a couple of players who've impressed me so far, don't know how they'll fair.

Might be looking to trade off a RB maybe as I think I may have over-invested there, we'll see. Pretty pissed that AP's bye is the first gameweek :rolleyes:

Nice team ED, I really like the look of Jahvid Best, could be a steal

Hopefully anyway! He's looked good so far, maybe he can keep it up.

Those WRs will give you some selection headaches there!

I had Mike Wallace open, ready to select him and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

QB QBBN Michael Vick QB- PHI

RB RBBN Arian Foster RB- HOU

RB RBBN LaDainian Tomlinson RB- NYJ

WR WRBN Wes Welker WR- NE

WR WRBN Jeremy Maclin WR- PHI

WR WRBN Miles Austin WR- DAL

TE TEBN Greg Olsen TE- CHI
    BN RBBN Chester Taylor RB- CHI BN
    QBBN Kyle Orton QB- DENBN
    RBBN Thomas Jones RB- KCBN
    QBBN Mark Sanchez QB- NYJ View BN
    WRBN Santonio Holmes WR- NYJ
    BN TEBN John Carlson TE- SEA
    K KBN Mason Crosby K- GB

DEF DEFBN Green Bay Packers DEF

Think im happy enough with that team.

My God, Henne's head is huge.

Yeah, so there I was, drafting Romo with my second pick, Big Ben as my long game back-up only to realise Romo is on his bye week! Henne was actually decent value as my final pick of the draft, especially given my utter need for a QB for this week.

I hope he uses all that head real estate to store photogrpahic memory of playbooks.

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Hopefully anyway! He's looked good so far, maybe he can keep it up.

Those WRs will give you some selection headaches there!

I had Mike Wallace open, ready to select him and all!

Yeah the reason I'll have headaches is cos none of them are stand out starters :pac:

Love Wallace's game so far and Big Ben coming back can only help him.

Raven I have to say, to my (very!) untrained eye that looks to be a quality side. If Vick keeps his form up you'll be hard beat!

Advertisement