Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Didn't see that one coming 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lgs 4

That great news about ITV's hd 2,3,4 going fta. With Zgemma 7 4k box full epg . That's a nice xmas box .Could we see C4 doing the same with there hd channels .Sky would **** themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh my god. I am only just reading the announcement about ITV2/3/4 HD now. In one way; I am absolutely gobsmacked that ITV are doing this move for FTA satellite viewers like myself. I am flipping delighted that ITV are going to provide these HD channels to their viewers for free on satellite from later today (Tuesday Nov 1st).

Although I think this move from ITV does coincide with the impending launch of ITVX in the UK along with the refresh of their TV channels which is happening later this week.

I heard that ITVX will launch today. And the refresh of the ITV channels, including the relaunch of ITV 1, will happen on Thursday.

But other than that; I am just so happy to read this news this morning. When I read about it a few minutes ago for the first time; my jaws nearly dropped to the floor in stunned silence. I bet you guys probably did the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Certainly very unexpected but very welcome

ITV 2, 3, 4 HD now FTA as of 11:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ronanb78

Are we able to tune these in on a FTA box with frequency codes?

No sign of Christmas 24 (movies) going FTA .

ITV2 HD 11053 H 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK.

ITV4 HD 11067 V 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK.

ITV3 HD 11097 V 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Will they be available on my Humax box

FreeSat have yet to announce if they will be added to their EPG but they should now be available to manually add in FTA mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

didn’t think movies 24 would go FTA but I just saw online your right it’s mentioned that it will nov 1-Dec31st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,541 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Given that ITV is a part-owner of Freesat it'd be a bit daft if ITV2/3/4 HD didn't show up on the Freesat EPG fairly soon...

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

We have FTA access to VM 1, VM2 and TG4, although not on satellite. On Satellite the above channels are HD on the Sky basic package (no HD package needed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭monseiur

Hi Gerry,

Just a quick question - I have a smart TV (LG brand) with a built in sat. receiver off dish. To get these ITV 2,3,& 4 HD channels do I have to re tune my TV or is there an easier way of doing it ? As you may have guessed I'm not exactly tech savvy !

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

They will very soon replace the SD versions on 113, 115 and 117. It could take days or weeks to launch

The 3 HD channels were added to the Freesat Test region EPG earlier today

https://www.satellite-calculations.com/DVB/log_freesat.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have the same set up. The hd channels are on it now.

Yes rescan your satellite channels.

ITV 2hd is channel 164 on my tv and the others up a little further.

If you haven't already, add the channels u watch to favourites so they will be handier to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I'm not seeing them on a sky+hd box.

Edit: thought it meant they would be on the EPG, I guess not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Should the new ITV channels be on the EPG on a Sky+HD box with a sub or do they need to be manually tuned to Other Channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Not on the Irish EPG anyway, VMTV would have an aneurysm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The new ITV channels will follow the same format as the old one with regards to EPG

• Advertisement

I wonder why its taking so long for BBC2 NI HD to get on the Sky & Freesat EPG's? Its been months now since it appeared on Astra 28e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,506 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ITV2/3/4 HD now on the Freesat EPG. I had to manually scan it just now as the automatic overnight 3am run didn't pick them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

All three channels are on my Freest Box at 113, 115 and 117

That was quick! Still no sign of the Channel 4 HD regions or BBC 2 NI HD.

Didn't appear automatically on either of my Foxsats, they must have appeared after the 3am auto-update window, but I manually scanned them in on one box. The HD versions replace the SD ones in the EPG, same as Channel 5. The other box should get them itself tonight at 3am.

Scrap the cap!

M

I notice now all my scheduled recordings have been deleted on the Foxsat after manually running the channel search. Not sure if that's going to happen to everyone or not, perhaps the auto scan overnight won't cause it to happen.

Didn't happen to me, did you do Freesat tune, or a factory reset?

Factory reset deletes everything except recordings.

Scrap the cap!

M

Yes just the Freesat tune. It happened last time the clocks went forward too, it's probably near end of life at this stage, 3 hard drives have gone in to it over the years.

There are also new logos being displayed for ITV2/3/4 HD on the Freesat EPG since this morning.

I also read from DS today that RTÉ One is currently being simulcast in HD on the Sky EPG in NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Do C4 do regional stuff at all, what would be different, just the ads?

Isn't bbc 2 ni on with a 1199 tag?

No, it's just advertising, but the SD version is staying on 104 on Freesat until then. BBC 2 NI HD isn't on Freesat at all yet. The Arris 4K box handles non-Freesat mode so badly that it might as well not have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

OK apologies, I have a FTA box that's not freesat, so the HD versions work OK thankfully.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Channel 4 have no regional programming, only the adverts are different.

BT Sport Ultimate launched on Sky Q on 493 today, it was due to launch back in August. It's the first UHD/4K channel to launch on the Sky EPG

Also, the RTÉ Radio channels are changing EPG numbers this Thursday

• RTE Radio 1 moves from 0160 to 0137
    • RTE 2FM moves from 0164 to 0138
    • RTE Lyric fm moves from 0165 to 0139
    • RTE R na G moves from 0166 to 0140

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-November-2022/td-p/4140159

I also see there that France 24 HD has been added on Channel number 510 on the Sky Ireland EPG and 512 on Sky Glass.

Did France 24 SD go within the 800's on Sky?

• Advertisement

France 24 HD has always been on Sky 512 since it launched back in 2018. The SD version closed when the HD version started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

RTE ONE HD is geo blocked here in N. Ireland as I have manually tuned it in after it changed transponder and it has message that the programme being transmitted is not available.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If linear is dead, no one’s told Sky, who are launching a new kids channel in February. Kids pack entitlement necessary, of course.

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/sky-to-launch-brand-new-24-hour-ad-free-sky-kids-channel-packed-with-a-standout-slate-of-sky-originals-and-franchise-favourites

Yep. The Sky Kids channel will be available on the SID label 1009 on your Sky box.

Channel 5 HD has changed transponder, moving from 10964 H 22000, 5/6, DVB-S QPSK to

11307 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S QPSK SID 2108.

EDIT: 5+1 also moved

Post edited by Gerry Wicklow on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Stupid question: how do I get Chanel 5 back without affecting anything else? Do I have to rescan the satellite? I don't see another Chanel 5 listed in the full station list.

I am running OpenATV on a zGemmahH7

Just do a scan on 11307 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S QPSK SID 2108. When delete the old Channel 5 HD and move the new Channel 5 HD from just scanned folder to your favourites . Job done .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

I looked for a place to enter 11307 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S QPSK SID 2108 but couldn't find it. I looked in Manual Scan but couldn't find it.

Anyway, I did a full rescan without deleting and then I used the bouquet editor from the webclient OpenWebIf to modify the bouquet and all works. Thanks for reacting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

Just for future this is how you do a single scan. menu setup, tuners & scanning, signal finder, then change predefined to user defined by toggling arrow right, then arrow down and change relevant bits green to scan, then select channel 5hd, now it will be in last scanned, so arrow up when on channel, then menu then select add to bouquet, but it adds channel to end of bouquet so now to move it select channel, then menu select move mode, click and it turns red, use arrows up or down to move it, then ok and then menu disable move mode. its easy after years...

As could be expected 5 Action, 5 USA and 5 USA+1 have also moved to

11307 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S QPSK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,263 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Thanks for that.

They couldn't do them all the same day, so I wouldn't need to do two lots of retunes and menu sorting.

Post edited by Jim_Hodge on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭rock22

Hope I am not off topic, but why do they make changes like this? Are certain frequencies better than others?

As could be expected 5Star and 5Star+1 have now also moved. Not sure why they staggered the changes. Basically all the 5 suite are on that TP now.

11307 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S QPSK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,412 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

At 7 pm 30 November, 5Select on its own is still on 10964 H. It is also on 11307 channel name 2105. There are another two empty channels 2104 and 2106.

10964 was always one of my strongest transponders 16 dB. 11307 is weak at 9 dB. Anything below 8 is borderline for HD. Both are on the UK Ireland beam. 1.1 m dish, but not perfectly aligned. From memory 10964 used to max out the meter at 20 dB.

Slightly off topic, 12168 V 27500 2/3, DVB-S2, 8PSK SID 1204 is currently showing RTÉ One HD but is thought to be a BBC1 HD region judging by the EPG data. The improvement in quality compared to Saorview is striking for us mere mortals that pay for the damn thing.😡

Post edited by Gerry Wicklow on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement