Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

lgs 4 wrote: »
    Sky News has had a commercial monopoly since 1989. It's about time there was some competition in the commercial news market. It's going kick-off advertisement price war.

- Your forgetting Itv News Channel. As for a price war I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - Your forgetting Itv News Channel. As for a price war I don't think so.

Good point about ITV .ITV is a national broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Sky News has had a commercial monopoly since 1989. It's about time there was some competition in the commercial news market. It's going kick-off advertisement price war.

If you mean 24/7 news then perhaps but the UK has several commercial channels offering news.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Good point about ITV .ITV is a national broadcaster.
    They also do the news for Channel 4 and Channel 5 , similar to how RTE do the news for TG4.

So there aren't as many TV news sources as some might think. Also that the presentation varies according to the target audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I had a look at Harry Ward's twitter account today. It had an potentially interesting view to the future of Sky News which has added something resembling a Sky News UHD logo in the top left of it's new graphics package. It's in the 2nd image of the Twitter thread linked below.

https://twitter.com/harryashleyward/status/1400332577517547520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1400348395923984387%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Patrick Freyne has a review of the new GB News channel in the Irish Times today

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/gb-news-week-1-it-takes-until-tuesday-to-go-full-wingnut-1.4596133

Pretty much nailed on from what I have seen so far.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/gb-news-week-1-it-takes-until-tuesday-to-go-full-wingnut-1.4596133

I totally agree. I can see the peasants ( presenters ) revolting against the gallery staff. Sack the lot.
    I think GB News is using C News Channel France.As their model. With a much brighter studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

The people at GB News hate elitist experts so much they’ve apparently chosen not to hire any technicians.
    :):):) PML

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

BBC Red Button channels on 12422 H 27500. Channel names 6802 - 6806, and 6811.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

CNBC moved to
    v
    8PSK
    2/3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

BBC Red Button channels on 12422 H 27500. Channel names 6802 - 6806, and 6811.

now named BBC RB 2 - 6 and BBC RB HD

and a wimbledon logo spinning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

now named BBC RB 2 - 6 and BBC RB HD

and a wimbledon logo spinning

Just noticed BBC red button on sky epg. Is this just for Wimbledon or do we have these for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

"That's TV Gold" is apparently testing on as 52139 on 12.582H SR 22000 FEC 5/6 DVBS QPSK (Arqiva test card).

Seems it will be mostly music and not sure if it will make it on to the Irish EPG.

Just noticed BBC red button on sky EPG. Is this just for Wimbledon or do we have these for good?

The Summer Olympics in Tokyo also. If your willing to get up at 3 am in the morning to watch live events.8 hours ahead of us.

Footnote , I Thought when RTE when digital, that they would have temporary pop-up channels for sports events . Like the BBC.Keeping main channels free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The Summer Olympics in Tokyo also. If your willing to get up at 3 am in the morning to watch live events.8 hours ahead of us.

Footnote , I Thought when RTE when digital, that they would have temporary pop-up channels for sports events . Like the BBC.Keeping main channels free.

They are struggling for content for the main channels as it is, there is only so far they can stretch the old Francis Brennan and Dermot Bannon stuff.

They could do worse than pack the rest of the schedule with live Sport.

They are struggling for content for the main channels as it is, there is only so far they can stretch the old Francis Brennan and Dermot Bannon stuff.

They could do worse than pack the rest of the schedule with live Sport.

Your right.. with the present financial situation in RTE and the government's unwillingness to do anything about future funding and transmission fees issue with Virgin media.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭decor58

Just noticed BBC red button on sky epg. Is this just for Wimbledon or do we have these for good?

They do this regularly on fta, for Wimbledon, Olympics, World Cup, Glastonbury, don't know about Sky.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

decor58 wrote: »
    They do this regularly on fta, for Wimbledon, Olympics, World Cup, Glastonbury, don't know about Sky.

Channels 982-987 for Sky customers, apparently temporary for the summer. Interesting move though because in summer 2016 the BBC made changes to their satellite broadcasting arrangements with the specific aim of stopping ROI Sky customers accessing the red button service through the actual red button, for Olympic rights reasons as I recall. (Though obviously they couldn’t block the streams from being manually tuned in). Wonder if whatever issue it was has been resolved.

Does anyone know anything about 11307 H 27500 28e? It's lit up like a Christmas with 5 HD tests cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Does anyone know anything about 11307 H 27500 28e? It's lit up like a Christmas with 5 HD tests cards.

Only see one test here on 52275 in full HD.

Is that one of the ones you mean?

There are 4 more with no transmission when I checked ...

52210, 52221, 52231, 52240

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

DS had reports of weather forecasts being used during testing last week. I can't imagine it would be purely a weather channel though.

Yes

DS had reports of weather forecasts being used during testing last week. I can't imagine it would be purely a weather channel though.

Do they know which weather forecasts were on it?

These ones highlighted are BT Sport Extra channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

While we were off air 🤣 a new old music channel started on

That's TV

11582 H 22000 DVB-S 5/6 QPSK 5/6

Post edited by Gerry Wicklow on

The FTA channel on this frequency is CGTN HD. It's returning to 28e soon because Ofcom have allowed it to return to broadcasting in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ybcby

🤨🤔

RTÉ Radio 1 = RTÉ Talks & Music

RTÉ 2FM = RTÉ Pop

RTÉ R na Gaeltachta = RTÉ na hÉireann

RTÉ lyric fm = RTÉ Classical

RTÉ 2XM = RTÉ Alternative & Indie

RTÉ Gold = RTÉ Golden Oldies

RTÉ Chill = RTÉ Lets Chill

RTÉ Pulse = RTÉ EDM

RTÉjr Radio = RTÉjr Bops!

RTÉ Radio 1 Extra -> RTÉ Rocks?

?

Post edited by ybcby on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I cannot get GB news on freeview ? I tried a rescan 11307 / V no signal using a Technomate 3300 receiver .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

RTÉ na hÉireann

= Raidio Telifis Eireann na hEireann

Surely not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement