Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

I tried tuning in the new Food Channel on my Ariva 150 . Even though it can see the transponder - it was always there; rescanning it doesnt show up

using 12382.00 H 27500

Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

trellheim wrote: »
    I tried tuning in the new Food Channel on my Ariva 150 . Even though it can see the transponder - it was always there; rescanning it doesnt show up

using 12382.00 H 27500

Any ideas ?
    Switch from Astra to Eurobird or vice versa on the screen where you scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

trellheim wrote: »

using 12382.00 H 27500

Any ideas ?

If you have an old setting for Food Channel delete it first. Sometimes boxes ignore new settings thinking they already have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

Killing both Euro and Astra transponder entries and rescanning for FTA and non-FTA worked in the end. EEEK its painful all the simple things didnt.

THanks for the assist folks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

do you have to move your dish for eurobird?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

do you have to move your dish for eurobird?

No simply scan astra 2 on the box and do a blind search and it will pick them up delete ant channels missing first

CNBC HD now testing in the clear on 12012 V 27500 2/3 8PSK DVB-S2 sid 3902

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Really about time for them. The US parent channel has been HD for well over a decade. They were one of the last UK channels to go widescreen too - as recently as 2014!

icdg wrote: »
    Really about time for them. The US parent channel has been HD for well over a decade. They were one of the last UK channels to go widescreen too - as recently as 2014!

Yeah you often get the impression they couldn't give a damn about Europe and were dragged along to the party under duress.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They don’t - the channel has died a death by a thousand cuts since NBC took full ownership in 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭eirman

At least the quality ot the CNBC weekend golf will be improved.
    (It was as bad as Mobdro)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

BBC One Scotland HD has somehow appeared on Freesat (London) EPG at channel 108 I think. Not sure why that was required.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

CNBC HD now testing in the clear on 12012 V 27500 2/3 8PSK DVB-S2 sid 3902

Is that still broadcasting there? Thanks.

Is that still broadcasting there? Thanks.

Yup. Remember it is a test so could be erratic for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Talking of new channels, does anyone know what's the link between Eir Sports and "Free Sports" and "Premier Sports"?

Eir seem to share some branding with Free Sports but they are still listed seperately on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

eirman wrote: »
    At least the quality ot the CNBC weekend golf will be improved.
    (It was as bad as Mobdro)

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't it a news channel how will it show much golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't it a news channel how will it show much golf?

It's a stock market channel. Stock market is closed at the weekend so they show other stuff, including golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

First Up wrote: »
    Talking of new channels, does anyone know what's the link between Eir Sports and "Free Sports" and "Premier Sports"?

Eir seem to share some branding with Free Sports but they are still listed seperately on Sky.

Eir Sports were once Setanta Sports before being bought out by eir. Setanta also existed in the uk. It is now a separate entity in the uk and is known as Premier Sports. Freesports is its free to air sports channel where it puts some of its content - usually low appeal stuff - to advertise its pay per view content.

Eir and Premier still seem to share some costs like satellite carriage costs. Their channels sometimes have the same satellite feed but with their own logo in the top right corner of the screen.

That is my knowledge of it anyway. Someone wil correct me if not right.

If anyone wants it, it says CNBC HD in white on transparent background so doesn't show in preview here

474344.png

CNBC HD now at ch 505 on Sky EPG. SD version now at 890.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

CGTN HD launched on Freesat yesterday replacing the SD version on HD TV/Boxes on 211

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Anyone know how to tune in S4C HD on Sky? I turned it in ages ago but I was trying to get English commentary on it today and now it has disappeared. I can’t seem to be able to tune it back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Anyone know how to tune in S4C HD on Sky? I turned it in ages ago but I was trying to get English commentary on it today and now it has disappeared. I can’t seem to be able to tune it back in.

11307 H 27500 5/6 DVBS QPSK

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

11307 H 27500 5/6 DVBS QPSK

Thanks but it’s not coming up for me. I can get S4C SD using a different frequency but not the HD one.

It’s odd as I didn’t remove the channel it just seemed to disappear for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

S4C no longer do the English commentary on the Pro14 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jgc115

CGTN HD launched on Freesat yesterday replacing the SD version on HD TV/Boxes on 211

Hi, has anybody got a picon for CGTN HD?

jgc115 wrote: »
    Hi, has anybody got a picon for CGTN HD?

Try here

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jgc115

Thanks Gerry!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Try here[/URL]

Off topic, but anyone got the three Virgin channel picons working on OpenATV?

• Advertisement

Here some picons, let me know if you need the other code letter formats

476468.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement