Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bout Dem Bears?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Oat23 wrote: »
    This is insane. The line will soon be 5 random people nobody has heard of.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1323742808457547779?s=19

Christ in a bike. Maybe you're right about trubisky. We'll need someone who can run for his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

@ TEN
    vs MIN
    ---Bye Week---
    @ GB
    vs DET
    vs HOU
    @ MIN
    @ JAX
    vs GB

I'd have absolutely taken 5-3 at this point at the start of the season but it feels like inverting that W-L record would paint a fairer picture of where the Bears are at.

Given what Dalvin Cook can do and the Bears' questionable run D, I think the Bears go 1-1 against Minnesota. I can't see the Bears keeping pace with Rodgers, even though the Packers have shown they can fail to turn up in games. The Bears should beat Detroit again. That would put the Bears on 7-6 before looking at the games outside the division.

The game on Sunday at Tennessee is a big one. Can the defense stop Derrick Henry? The Titans' pass rush isn't great but the Bears OL is thrown together at this stage. Tannehill has shown he can make big plays to compliment the run game. It's a big ask to win.

I think the Bears finish 9-7 with wins over Minnesota, Detroit, Houston and Jacksonville.

I think the Bears finish 9-7 with wins over Minnesota, Detroit, Houston and Jacksonville.

:pac:

:pac:

The way the Vikes are playing right now we're gonna lose that game next week too.

• Advertisement

The way the Vikes are playing right now we're gonna lose that game next week too.

If Dalvin Cook doesn't have over 150 yards from scrimmage I will be surprised.

I can't believe the great Ryan Nall scored a TD 5 minutes after I turn the game off. I've been waiting 3 years to see him score and he picks today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just seen an update from the NFL network that Matt Nagy is giving up play calling duties from Monday.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just seen an update from the NFL network that Matt Nagy is giving up play calling duties from Monday.

Praise be to God. No idea if Lazor will be any good, but we can't keep doing what he's been doing. The weird thing is the decisions he makes are so obviously bad that you wonder what is so difficult sometimes about just recognising why a given playcall is stupid under a given circumstance. Either way, this is a good move. If it doesn't work out, Nagy's days are numbered. No excuses left at this point, it's playoffs or bust for him I think.

Mitch cannot start next week. Enough is enough.

I'm sorry, Mitch. I was wrong to blame you.

Please come back. At least you can run :(

• Advertisement

Where do we go from here? Hard to see any kind of recovery this season, the sense of inevitability to us losing games is so strong. It's so grim watching this offensive ineptitude next to a truly great defense, the offensive players should be embarrassed to share a dressing room with the other side of the ball. Nagy doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt at this point, he was brought in to create an offense. I don't care what injuries we have, we are the worst offense in the game right now so he simply has to be fired. I'd be ok with that happening now actually, that performance was so abject.

Amazing to still be in this position. I mean it's not trestman bad, but other than that, what has nagy brought to the table? Other than various excuses and scapegoats, all of which are now gone?

Well Mitch is in.

Now the Bears need to agree with the Packers to pay 2 minute halves and they're in business.

Well Mitch is in.

Now the Bears need to agree with the Packers to pay 2 minute halves and they're in business.

I mean I'm ok with Mitch being in since foles has failed, but it wouldn't exactly fill you with optimism. I've a terrible feeling about how bad this will be.

That being said one thing that started to really bother me with foles was how surly and uninspiring he was on the field and on the line, bitching to the coach constantly and generally looking like someone who isn't being wildly overpaid. It will be good to have someone whose body language is that of someone who at least wants to be there, might lead to a positive response in the offense.

But that's really thin gruel. We're shagged.

I turned it off in the second quarter and watched a bit of mandalorian. Must say I'm impressed with the second season so far, even though I'm only a couple of episodes in. It's got that old star wars feel, doesn't take itself too seriously and it's just the right scale for a show like this. The main character is surprisingly likeable given he's a cold killer with a mask on.

What are ye doing with your sundays now?

Even if I could have stayed up last night I didn't want to. Was far too tired and fell asleep at 10.

No real surprise what happened looking at the highlights. Even the D looked terrible.

Our record might not say it yet but we are easily one of the worst teams in the league. This team is a some way off being considered 'middle of the pack'.

If we lose out we should have a top 8 pick hopefully.

I have no idea why I tuned in for that but it was a bad idea, they have a way of finding new ways to break your heart.

So many people on twitter saying to clean house tomorrow. People who should know better as well, not just your average meathead.

I don't see it happening and will be shocked if they fire everyone tomorrow. If Trestman managed to keep his job until black Monday then anyone will.

Trubisky is going to get tagged isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Win the last 3 games and also possible play off place? Packers might rest up a few players in the last game.

Badabing wrote: »
    Win the last 3 games and also possible play off place? Packers might rest up a few players in the last game.

The Packers might need the win for the top seed.

• Advertisement

Badabing wrote: »

So much would have to happen for us to sneak in at this point that it seems very unlikely. But, technically yeah...but we need the Vikes to keep losing, and the Cardinals also. And we need the Packers to keep winning until they play us, which is a little sickening. The least likely thing of all, though, is that we win out.

So after all the permutations are considered, basically, we win and we're in next week, lose and we are in all probability out, and the Cardinals will probably be taking the spot. Meanwhile the Packers almost certainly need a win against us to secure the number one seed, assuming they go on and win this game that they are currently well on top in at half time.

Earlier in the week I liked the idea of a handy game against their backups (though knowing the bears we'd probably lose it), but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. It should come down to the bears v Packers in the last week, it feels right. We've looked better the last few weeks and I expect us to put it up to them. I don't think we have the beating of a motivated Packers team, but honestly if we don't, we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs anyway. I'm just glad we are on a meaningful game against them this late in the season. And if we DID happen to beat them (would be far from the weirdest result this year), it would be a huge statement that we are a serious playoff team and you could be legitimately excited going into the playoffs instead of having nagging feeling that we were kind of handed the last spot.

Need to cut out the qb errors from today, and the defense need to both stop taking the odd drive off, and find ways to get pressure on Rodgers, it's the only thing that works on him, scheming to get pressure in his face. Trying to just cover his options is only feckacting. Blitz pagano! Early and often!

Bear down!

Oh, and if Nagy and Trubisky happened to get a real high pressure win against the pack it would go a long way to giving me a sense of confidence in them. Another loss and we can probably write them off.

The Cardinals love nothing more than to sabotage themselves but surely they will beat a Goff-less Rams team.

That disaster at home to the Lions is coming back to firmly bite the Bears.

The Cardinals love nothing more than to sabotage themselves but surely they will beat a Goff-less Rams team.

That disaster at home to the Lions is coming back to firmly bite the Bears.

Yeah I think the path to the playoffs is a win against the Packers (and sneaking in the other way would not be a promising start anyway). Anyone think we have a hope? I remain excited but realistic: we always have a chance but they have had our number since forever, think it'll be closer than last time but not enough...

Bakhtiari out, no excuse not to be aggressively pressuring Rodgers on passing downs.

Two great pieces of news!

1. Nagy is safe for next year regardless of the result today. Yay!

2. Confirming suspicions and rumours, nagy has gradually increased his input into playcalling for the offense again. Just in case you were wondering about that jet sweep to kmet. Expect more cleverness and less running the ball when it's the obviously correct call.

Hooray for the Bears!

I'm ****ing tired of the Packers enjoying bears games. Nagys paws are all over another embarrassment. And one that we might actually get into the playoffs on so no heads at all will roll (although they already made it clear that a performance today wasn't even required). What a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Defaulting into the playoffs?

Or am I doting?

Advertisement