Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bout Dem Bears?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

My god. Liking this Foles lad, whoever he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

My god. Liking this Foles lad, whoever he is.

I was surprised to see Mitch hooked that early but boy did the decision pay off. No question who is the starter going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

B
    D
    N

Goodbye and Good Luck.

I was surprised to see Mitch hooked that early but boy did the decision pay off. No question who is the starter going forward.

Yeah definitely the right call, I don't believe for a second we won that game with trubisky staying in.

Fears that Cohen has torn his ACL. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Little too early to eat crow after 1 comeback against a depleted Falcons team known for sh*tting the bed, but Foles was excellent when he came in. If he keeps playing like that a lot of folks like me who wanted Cam will look very silly.

Disappointing news about Cohen but I'm happy he got his guaranteed money last week at least. You never know if these small speedy players will bounce back from an ACL tear to be as good as they were before, so he might not get another chance for a big payday.

Colts have more wins this season than the three teams we've played so far combined. So it may not be time to do the Super Bowl shuffle just yet. But that was a fun win on the back of a very promising start by Foles. Although on another day he really, really should have been intercepted when he threw into triple coverage to Graham (speaking of, he's been a great addition so far, was very apprehensive of that signing).

Story doing the rounds is that on the Miller TD he said to him "if they blitz, run to the L in Atlanta in the endzone", Miller goes for it and that's exactly where the ball goes.

Jay Cutler vibes from that, which probably means we can expect a pile of interceptions next week.

Foles named the starter. Even though we're the underdogs I'd like to think Chicago can win.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Foles named the starter. Even though we're the underdogs I'd like to think Chicago can win.

Congrats bears fans you now have a QB who took another set of underdogs on a run all the way to a Lombardi trophy. I’m not saying that will happen but nick foles has been under appreciated for years. As happened in philly his teammates will play for him.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Congrats bears fans you now have a QB who took another set of underdogs on a run all the way to a Lombardi trophy. I’m not saying that will happen but nick foles has been under appreciated for years. As happened in philly his teammates will play for him.

Is it too early to put a 100 foot gold statue of him standing astride the main entrance to Soldier Field? I think if anything we've delayed too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is it too early to put a 100 foot gold statue of him standing astride the main entrance to Soldier Field? I think if anything we've delayed too long.

Just a bit but as I said if he’s able to recreate what he did in philly(oh how we’d take him back now) then ye could be onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'm still waiting for one of the stands to be renamed the Sexy Rexy Stand. :pac:

The man brought us to our only Superbowl in, at the time 20 years, and as it stands has been the only Bears QB to start a superbowl in 35 years.

It feels like a must win game tonight but I can't see a Bears win. Outside of the redzone the Bears' coverage has looked soft, Brady and his weapons should have enough to win and cover the 3.5 points. Fournette is a loss.

It feels like a must win game tonight but I can't see a Bears win. Outside of the redzone the Bears' coverage has looked soft, Brady and his weapons should have enough to win and cover the 3.5 points. Fournette is a loss.

I couldn't see a win either but despite the whining about refs (who were terrible) on the main thread I think we were the better team over the sixty minutes, and it's something we can build on. Biggest doubts are Foles being inconsistent and the offensive line being Swiss cheese especially after Daniels left the game. Oh and the collapse of the run game obviously. The schedule is tougher in the next few weeks but no reason not to get a couple of wins either: panthers, Rams, saints, titans, vikings, I could see two-three wins in that putting us at 6-4/7-3 facing the Packers. That's jumping ahead a bit maybe but if we stay healthy I think it looks optimistic.

That was grim. I thought it would be relatively close but the defense wasn't at its elite level. Nagy's playcalling is such a crutch on the team that I don't think it's in the best interests of the team going forward to make playoffs this year. Unfortunately we're good enough that we'll finish around .500 again.

Grim but unsurprising. We've been pretenders all season.

The only way we end up in a position to potentially be dangerous come December and possibly January is if Nagy has the courage to hand over playcalling to Lazor (NOT DEFILIPPO, MATT). Not saying Lazor is the answer, but it certainly isn't Nagy.

Something needs to be done about the line too. You've got Juan Castillo trying to polish a turd. I know the Bills recently released a guard who was quite good for them in recent seasons. If there's no character concerns there then bring him in, and surely there's at least one other guard better than Germain Ifeti that could be brought in.

The offense doesn't even have to be great. Just be average FFS. Move the ball and don't have 15 second 3 & outs that give the defense no time to rest.

Can Nagy please realise that Patterson isn't Jordan Howard? Running him between the tackles is insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

5-2, with two games against Minnesota and 1 against each of Houston and Jacksonville.

Still more than possible that the Bears could find a way to 10 wins with that D.

D9Male wrote: »
    5-2, with two games against Minnesota and 1 against each of Houston and Jacksonville.

Still more than possible that the Bears could find a way to 10 wins with that D.

10-6 is very possible, but if we do it we'll be a bad 10-6 team, that's for sure. Funny enough there are some bright spots on the offense though, Robinson was in great form, mooney is looking like a great value pick, Cole kmet is still early days but has made let catches in the last two games, graham is playing well although he's being taken out of games in the red zone because cleverness. But it's all for very little when the o line is a disaster and the running back is subpar. The defense is being asked to do everything. I'm predicting losses in the next two weeks. Would hope to get a win after that but the momentum will be going against us by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

As a Minnesota fan, I would love to be a bad 10-6 team. Certainly better than being a bad 6-10 team! Or 4-12...

• Advertisement

At this stage I would put Trubisky back in. No chance of it happening bar injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Christy42

At this stage I would put Trubisky back in. No chance of it happening bar injury.

Why? He is the worse of the 2 QBs. Foles isn't great either but it won't be solved by repeatedly swapping mediocre QBs.

Yeah Foles had a bad day Sunday against one of the best defenses in the league at pressuring QBs, and while he's not great he is still a good reader of defenses and capable at times of putting the team in scoring situations. He even did it Sunday with a great drive, he just made a balls of the finish. I don't see us doing well against too many teams this year offensively, but we won't be that bad every week. Whatever his shortcomings, Foles can connect on long passes and can read the situation. Trubisky, demonstrably, cannot do either of those things, and you never feel at all like he's going to during a game, he's just woefully inaccurate. We're still 5-2, and I still think we'll get to 10-6. Problem is that a lot of the teams we'd be in the hunt for a WC spot against, like the Rams and Saints, are likely to have beaten us on the way.

Jay endorsing Trump on twitter has just ruined my day and it's only 7.40am. Deep down I knew but I was able to ignore it.

I guess I have cancel him now.

pikachu-crying-icegif.gif

In fairness he said he supports Trump in 2016 and he delivered the line in typically trolling cutler style at the time, so it's not a surprise or anything. Still better than urlacher and ditka. I guess.

In fairness he said he supports Trump in 2016 and he delivered the line in typically trolling cutler style at the time, so it's not a surprise or anything. Still better than urlacher and ditka. I guess.

I can sort of forgive people for supporting him in 2016. A lot got caught up in the BS he was spouting and fell for it.

Supporting him now, in 2020, after all that has gone on in the past 4 years? Unforgivable. Sorry Jay.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I can sort of forgive people for supporting him in 2016. A lot got caught up in the BS he was spouting and fell for it.

Supporting him now, in 2020, after all that has gone on in the past 4 years? Unforgivable. Sorry Jay.

Brett Favre too, so at least we don't have a monopoly on that crap.

When was the last time we played a 60 minute game?

I genuinely can't remember. Could it be as far back at against the Bucs in 2018? They have been few and far between.

Tired of the excuses. Tired of hearing Nagy say "we're still growing and learning". B*llocks. You are bad at your job. End of.

Get a new line. Get a new playcaller. Come back in 2021 and play disciplined football for 60 minutes each week. It should be the last chance for GM/HC.

Running Montgomery for zero yards in the redzone twice when 2 scores down in the 4th.

It was abundantly clear that running between the tackles wasn't working yet Nagy kept calling it. Grim.

• Advertisement

This is insane. The line will soon be 5 random people nobody has heard of.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1323742808457547779?s=19

Advertisement