Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100km Castlecomer (KK) Sunday 17/10/10

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks a million for such a well organised event, Next year please God we will bring quiet a few more up with us from Waterford. The 7 of us who travelled up had such a good day on what can only be described as a perfect route for an end of year sportif.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Didn't make it but likely will next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 doedoe

michael196 wrote: »
    are u in any of then Doedoe?

do you know anyone in them? , so far a few posters on here are identified, the boards guy is Captain havoc,

there is a few more to go up, at the start and very end

Michael
    yeah i was with the laois lads we caught up with ye before carlow but stayed with the front group all the way home didnt bother stopping in stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

hi Doc man

ur right, on the rare occasion i turned around to see the peloton, the picture looked quite good. so will have to figure a way of filming looking backwards for next year,. the sunny weather was agret help.

the conversations are funny!! amazing what u forget !

there are at least 2 more to go up,, takes ages to upload. these are one in the yard at the start and the first few miles.

the original HD video is available to the organisers and anyone else who wants it. big files though, about 5 gb of data in total.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

michael196 wrote: »
    the original HD video is available to the organisers and anyone else who wants it. big files though, about 5 gb of data in total.

I'm curious what are you using to record?

• Advertisement

Last few videos going up. folks, ommitted videos form the begining , some middles and an end video are now going up.

once everything is up, I will compile a list of all available videos in one page , so u know u have seen everything.

so keep watching, this process will still take a few days . the latest features the waterford lads in the yard before we start :

'Castlecomer 100 km oct 17th 2010 Video 1 yard'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0H3x4L686g

the originals will then be sent onto the organisers for promotional material.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

the latest features the waterford lads in the yard before we start :
    And super Freak taking a photo at the the start of the video :D (White Jacket).

Boardsies:

the final video going up now, I make it that there are 10 videos. I will reorganise the numbers in proper sequence.

and post the whioe lsiting here

have fun.

Thinking I might accompany Waterford sportif club on one of their saturday or sunday trips and capture thier route for the day .

Camera will feature at the big ones next year, Sean Kelly tour of waterford, Wicklow 200, Sky etape, Leinster loop, plus some mountain biking.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

@Michael196
    I'm that Waterford mouthpiece asking you what i look like from behind early on in video 3. I was amazed at the speed we appeared to be travelling at and i was well impressed until you spoiled it and said that the wide angle lens makes it look as though you are travelling faster than you actually are.
    Is this the latest must have cycling gismo?. To hell with the Garmin 800 from Santa. How about a HD video cam for the helmet instead.

• Advertisement

hi Muckers:

that made me laugh, yeah I am afraid that it does look faster, tis ok showing ur mates once u dont tell them that little fact . It certainly does appear faster !!!

Well now u can see for urself what u look like from behind , no comment necessary !!!!!!

but u can always blame the wide angle... !!!!!!!

I have a garmin 705 and I would buy a garmin before one of these !!! they are about 300 dolars plus shipping and tax about 70.

hi muckers

video 3: is that u from about 10 seconds in untill 1 minute 4 seconds ?

blue and white shorts, white helmet ?:

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Ye thats me alright. Feckin wide angle does me no favours. Strict diet from here on in im afraid. Leave that yoke at home in future.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Feel like a gravedigger bringing this back up but the Deenside Wheelers (our brand new local rivals :D) have the photos from the Comer cycle back in October on their facebook page.

Here's a couple of boards jersey snaps.
    77132_103056483097966_100001808434154_20148_5320151_n.jpg73154_103056583097956_100001808434154_20150_2129013_n.jpg148358_103057369764544_100001808434154_20162_2855324_n.jpg73233_103061503097464_100001808434154_20242_4388109_n.jpg73825_103061556430792_100001808434154_20243_243284_n.jpg

I know there's a few more of ye in there but I'll leave that up to yourselves to identify yourselves.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Hey, nice one Captain H

First one - Me and my young lad

second one - just me :D

Third one looks like a certain cycling forum mod, who shall remain nameless ;) (get your hands back on the bars !!)

Fourth & fifth - Well, met the chap but at my age I can be forgiven for forgetting boards user names !

No photo of me :mad: and it was my first Sportive and my first 100K:pac:

but superfreak features in one of the videos ? taking a photo at the start in the yard ?

Yeah that's me at the start video.

Advertisement