Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100km Castlecomer (KK) Sunday 17/10/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Will this def start at 9:30 do you think?
    I'm trying to fig out whether I can do the cycle but still make it back into town for the Merseyside derby.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Will this def start at 9:30 do you think?
    I'm trying to fig out whether I can do the cycle but still make it back into town for the Merseyside derby.

You'll make it back but you may have to cut the shower a bit short. What channel is it on, comedy central? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

What channel is it on, comedy central? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

After the circus the LFC ownership battle became this week it would make a good comedy show alright!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Well done to the organisers for arranging such fine weather today.
    Did the 50 with my son. We were in a nicely paced group until food stop.
    Good food at the stop and also at the start and finish.

Met a few Boardsies, including Captain Havoc, Bquick and The Garmin Guy.

All in all a good, well organised event with plenty of food and the traffic stopped at major junctions and as a bonus the beautiful weather.
    Good job lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

^totally agree with the above^

My first 100K spin and I thought the everything was first class. Hope it made a nice few € for the home.

Brought my brother along to on his shiney new Felt.....Dammit he's a lot faster than me so I won't make that mistake again. He did enjoy himself too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

nice spin today, nice to meet the other boardsies, fab run in after that longish drag towards the end and a great turnout considering its october

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dave04

Meet you at the roundabout at about 8h05?
    appologies for missing you , Ididnt see your message till now , was at the roundabout for 0815 ish . Jeesus it was cold ! but warmed up wonderfully a great day all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmxQpiNvHjw

more available . anyone recognise themselves ..... sound was on

will post some more if people are ok with it. There is footage of when we finally regrouped with the waterford lads

morning captain havov, nice to have met you , although briefly.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mike1963

michael196 wrote: »

will post some more if people are ok with it. There is footage of when we finally regrouped with the waterford lads
    Well done brilliant camera work, what a way to promote an event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

anyone know where the photographers photo's will be shown...?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ah yeah, post away, I was part of the Waterford Gang that stayed on the front for the whole spin

• Registered Users Posts: 47 doedoe

Very well organised, well done to Pat Maher and the crew. Great course and well marshalled and the waterford boys kept up a nice pace to keep us warm, thanks lads....

Lads,

there are seven short video clips in total making almost 2 hours of footage.

Video 2 is going up tonite ( takes 3 hours to upload the High definition video).

the waterford lads feature heavily in video 3 and 4.

make sure ur sound is on,as all the conversations were captured.

my apologies to those whom I told that the video was not recording at the time I was talking to you, , I honestly could not remember had I last turned the camera on or off !!!

please be patient.

organisers are interetsed in using the material for promotional for next year, please let me know if you wish to be edited out. that is possible.

regards Banesto Noonan !

Captain Havoc feature in one of the later videos ....

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

Very good day and a nice route . Will be back for this one next year I was one of the Waterford lads keepin A good pace Avg 32kph for the 100k . Thanks to all involved . Now thats my end of season spin out of the way .

Henboy,

may be you are on this clip:

Video 2 of 7

please keep watching this apce for the remaining videos.

I have a slow upload spped even thoughj I am on certified 2 mb broadband.

may be more than 7 now as larger files are not updating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgjVG-LmtZI

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

Henboy,

may be you are on this clip:

Video 2 of 7

please keep watching this apce for the remaining videos.

I have a slow upload spped even thoughj I am on certified 2 mb broadband.

may be more than 7 now as larger files are not updating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgjVG-LmtZI

Yep thats me 6 mins in to the clip . Nice work thanks man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ey4YdCuEPU

about 5 to go..... takes about 3 hours for this length to upload !!!

Captain Havocs next !!!!

again my apology. if i sdai the camera was off, i honestly couldnt remember if the cam was on or off each time. Sometimes pressing the button u cannot here the audible on or off sound , so u think its off and it isnt and uthink its on and it isnt. !!!!!

organisers have been in contact to use the footage for promotion for next years event. I have agrred to give the original HD fottage to the organisers. I can edit anyone out, so let me know if you dont want to appear. Not sure how the material will be used in promotion.....

henboy wrote: »
    Yep thats me 6 mins in to the clip . Nice work thanks man

vid 3 picks up where vid 2 stopped, henboy at the start of the vid, as i begin to feel the pressure .... !!

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_3Zi-edVT0

this is after Stradbally, Dermot and i headed off before he group and were happily caught up.

Pressure kept piling on the front as can be seen from about 6.5 minutes to 8 minutes.

Captain Havoc features in this video and the next video

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_3Zi-edVT0

this is after Stradbally, Dermot and i headed off before he group and were happily caught up.

Pressure kept piling on the front as can be seen from about 6.5 minutes to 8 minutes.

Captain Havoc features in this video and the next video

Nice one, gift. Also features SACH Central. That pressure was brought on by one of our guys, he's a lurker on here so I'm sure he's enjoying it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

folks the order and numbering of the videos is changing

but following this format:

Castlecomer 100 km Oct 17th 2010 Video 1

will give the full chronological order

back to work over next few days so wont be able to post,

posting resuming tomorrow morning , then friday....

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

Nice one, gift. Also features SACH Central. That pressure was brought on by one of our guys, he's a lurker on here so I'm sure he's enjoying it.

Captain would be interested in knowing the numbers who signed on Sunday if you have them? Did this last year , I'd say about 70 then , seemed a lot more this year ? Also hope the old folks charity made a few bob , stewards seemed to think a nice sum might have been raised , delighted if they did . This will get bigger and bigger every year I reckon .

I heard 170 off one of the stewards, the warm indoors was great before and afterwards , for what was a cold day. the tea and barm brack set me up for the drive home.

enough changing facilities before hand to change at the venue was very welcome also.

The cycle will be done at an enjoyable pace but ye'll still sweat a bit, don't worry. .[/QUOTE]

ahem .....

• Registered Users Posts: 47 doedoe

I heard 170 off one of the stewards, the warm indoors was great before and afterwards , for what was a cold day. the tea and barm brack set me up for the drive home.

enough changing facilities before hand to change at the venue was very welcome also.
    i heard 248, that might include those on the 50k.
    well done on the videos man , great stuff and good quality pictures

are u in any of then Doedoe?

do you know anyone in them? , so far a few posters on here are identified, the boards guy is Captain havoc,

there is a few more to go up, at the start and very end

Michael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Hi, all I`m back to update you all on a fantastically successful 2nd Eurospar Castlecomer 100/50k. Thanks to every single person who travelled from far and near to ride on what was a lovely day.

We`ve already planned a bigger event with improvements for 2011.

Michael196 thanks so much for your video uploads - you`re booked in for next year. You`ll have to mount it rearwards next year though.

To let people know; over 5000 euro was raised from entry fees and thanks to the support from EUROSPAR the expenses were minimal (event insurance, promo material and safety vests).

255 signed on for the event up from 69 last year.

In the near future we`ll provide a link to the event photos which you`re free to grab for your photo library.

I`ve one spot prize to send but`I`ve lost the contact number so if the man out there from Tullaroan reads this- you know who you are- contact me and i`ll forward voucher to you.

Feel free to contact me if anybody needs any further info. THANKS AGAIN & SEE YOU ALL IN 2011.

Advertisement