Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Boards Meetup!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Glad to have met you folks today. :)

Sorry that I didn't get to talk to everyone, that Papa adores me you see.

Nothing will beat one person asking me if I'm from Boards, then 7 odd people turning around, "Boards?", class.

I don't see any reason not to make it a weekly thing.

Also, sorry I had to head. Had a 2pm lecture on Reformation and Counter-Reformation! Thrilling.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Glad to have met you folks today. :)

Sorry that I didn't get to talk to everyone, that Papa adores me you see.

Nothing will beat one person asking me if I'm from Boards, then 7 odd people turning around, "Boards?", class.

I don't see any reason not to make it a weekly thing.

Also, sorry I had to head. Had a 2pm lecture on Reformation and Counter-Reformation! Thrilling.

Missed that thing darn!

If we go again next week, would we go the same day and time or change days??

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I'd be interested to make one of these if it was on a different day :(. I'm in the music dept all day on Wednesdays.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

What about next Tuesday?? or Thursday?? I won't be around Thursday at one, but I can come up for Tuesday, what ever suits.

I suppose we could mix the days around. Thursday would be handy for me too. Would also be good to change the days so some of the other members of the forum can come.

• Advertisement

I suppose we could mix the days around. Thursday would be handy for me too. Would also be good to change the days so some of the other members of the forum can come.

You could do Wednesday one week and Tuesday/Thursday the following week and so on

You could do Wednesday one week and Tuesday/Thursday the following week and so on

Yeah suppose. Could do Mondays as well but everyone might be too miserable. ;)

As we come closer to the week, people could say what dates they're available, no big deal to slap up a post about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I thought where we ended up wasn't too bad, could have been worse!

Nope, twas grand. I just like sitting out in the sun while we have it.

Maybe next week sometime?? I thought where we ended up wasn't too bad, could have been worse!

No, was fine. Nice buzz about the place. Lots of different conversation. Why we couldn't have gone there in the first place? Too busy looking for a spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Next Thursday would be pretty handy for me too actually, i've a big five hour gap in the day :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Change the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I missed this one :( Just spotted it now. Have another one soon?

We actually passed you as you were coming out of starbucks......but ya didnt recognise me :p

Byron85 wrote: »
    Change the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sowee Byron. I bet you're missing me. :p

When're you free on Wednesday/Thursday?

Sowee Byron. I bet you're missing me. :p

When're you free on Wednesday/Thursday?

On Wednesdays i've a break from 10 till 12. Then i'm done after 2. On Thursdays i'm not in till 11 and have a gap from 12 till 1. Then i'm done from 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Nice meeting you all. Interesting how are heated political discussion quickly turned into talking about Jersey Shore:D

Anyone fancy doing anything this week, say Thursday? :)

Anyone fancy doing anything this week, say Thursday? :)

Free from 12 -1 and then completely free from 2 that day.

Byron85 wrote: »
    Free from 12 -1 and then completely free from 2 that day.

Yeah I'm free from 1 'till 3 I think.

Yeah I'm free from 1 'till 3 I think.

Sweet. Game on so. Any other takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm on from 11 til 5 on Thursda without a break, so I won't be around. :/

• Advertisement

Eek that sounds like a rough few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Don't think that I can make it tomorrow, finished at 11 but have to go look for a suit for a possible interview on Friday. Have a good one though.

Anyone else free? It won't be much of a boards meetup if it's only myself and Reacher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm on from 11 til 5 on Thursda without a break, so I won't be around. :/

It's mainly tutorials, so it's not too bad.
    And the 11am is actually not on tomorrow, so I'll (only!) be 12-5. But every other Thursday it'll be 11-5. :(

I'm free from 12-1, maybe till 2, not sure if a tutorial is on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i've got a lecture around that time, plus a presentation. plus i have to prepare for said presentation. bah!

Looks like you're destined not to turn up for a meetup Kersmash!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i swear to christ this computer science degree is so much work :O

Want to just postpone it so?

• Advertisement

Yeah unless a couple of people register their interest.

Advertisement