Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback/Suggestions

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can i ask a question about reposts,i am seeing a lot lately and ones that i have posted myself that get reposted but they seem to stay in,and yet when i see a post edited for a repost it generally isnt,like i check the YLYL thread everyday and have been for the last few months like a lot of people so we know if it is a repost or not.Can mods be wrong sometimes when it comes to this?

Well we from time to time get things wrong tbh.
    But generally as I eyeball the thread a bit I'll tend to spot reposts myself or more likely from a few eagle eyed regular post reporters. Sometimes we'll not remember something from a while back etc. so it may stay in if we haven't copped it or it hasn't been reported.
    But if something is not a repost and has been snipped for a repost then that's not OK either.
    I tend to leave the URL in so people can click on the "repost" for themselves and confirm whether or not it is a repost or one that they've seen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I would echo dr.b's words and things.

Sincere apologies for not being able to respond to this thread since last week. I know it sounds a flimsy excuse but I have been working over 12 hours each day since Thursday (including the bank holiday) so I really haven't the energy to go into long multi-quote discussions with anyone. I'm sorry, Tallon, if you think that I have some sort of inane grudge against you, that wasn't my intention. This is supposed to be a light-hearted, fun forum after all. At the time, I behaved harshly but I genuinely thought it was in the forum's best interests. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Do you understand where I am coming from though?

I mean I didn't have a big issue with it all because I knew you were joking, but when you start giveing out to me for doing it, it's a bit double standardish.

If you want me to obey the rules, you do it too, especially with being the mod of said rules!

Anyway, enough of this... I need to go report some unfunny posts... Cheers for responding

In fairness, I've already apologised twice. Stop playing the victim.

And there we go, back to being a Dick

I was just explaining why I raised this issue in the first place...

Grow up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

In fairness Tallon, you are banging on about this a fair bit

phasers wrote: »
    In fairness Tallon, you are banging on about this a fair bit
    Excuse me? No I'm not... For the third time, I left it because Frada was 'away' and it was the long weekend.

I just said 'enough of this' I.E. i'm done here, and then Frada had to come back with some smart comment about me playing the victim when he's the one being a dick here.

I've gotten a response from Dr B and Frada now, so I don't care. The Cmods obviously don't care either so it may go to the DRP, but tbh, I can see the outcome of that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

He isnt playing the victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Tallon wrote: »
    And there we go, back to being a Dick

I was just explaining why I raised this issue in the first place...

Grow up

There is absolutely no need for any personal swipes in this discussion, from anyone. It's a feedback thread, let's use it to constructively outline how to allow the forum rules to evolve (an inevitability in any forum but particularly one that's as high traffic as this one is).
    I've gotten a response from Dr B and Jaxon Wrong Asparagus now, so I don't care. The Cmods obviously don't care either so it may go to the DRP, but tbh, I can see the outcome of that too.
    There's more than one CMod for the forum, and it's not that any of us don't care, more that given it was a BH weekend I'm sure that whoever you PM'd may have had other stuff going on.

From what I can see dr. b and Jaxon Wrong Asparagus have explained how things stand for the time being but Tallon if you still have an issue you'd like to discuss feel free to PM me.

For now though let's keep this civil and constructive. Thanking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Eh, any particular reason the POTD was removed today?

• Advertisement

Eh, any particular reason the POTD was removed today?

Yeah that was me. I had selected a bunch of posts which were bitching or moaning or reposting or numerous other thingies and this got selected with
    them.

This was bitching and moaning followed by a two fingers at another poster which I think in the light of recent discussions here could cause upset if remained unchecked in the general case not the specific. It is now undeleted for you to view it...
    Its the kind of thing where one poster could see it and take it fine and another might be pissed off about tbh. Perhaps a step too far on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Yeah that was me. I had selected a bunch of posts which were bitching or moaning or reposting or numerous other thingies and this got selected with
    them.

This was bitching and moaning followed by a two fingers at another poster which I think in the light of recent discussions here could cause upset if remained unchecked in the general case not the specific. It is now undeleted for you to view it...
    Its the kind of thing where one poster could see it and take it fine and another might be pissed off about tbh. Perhaps a step too far on that one.
    Yeah I saw it last night, then copped it was gone this morning.

I would have put that down to response #1 being a sly dig, and the POTD then being a response. Kinda ended there. Thought it was funny they way it was two Father Ted pics as well.

Leave up to the Mods either way!

Well its back there now for people to check and opine on. Perhaps one for me to ask about here before snipping.
    Will not be so rash with the snippers in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Well its back there now for people to check and opine on. Perhaps one for me to ask about here before snipping.
    Will not be so rash with the snippers in future.

It must be hard to keep up with everything though! I know ye are getting a bit of stick, but you're doing a great job, I don't envy you though.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous now...

I reported this post a few hours ago, and in the last half an hour, it has been thanked by Frada!

What are the rules? Seriously?

Please tell me, as this was already discussed as far as I am aware...
    Did you get any PMs about your reported post involving the link to the facebook chat involving the two cartoon characters already?

Please tell me, as this was already discussed as far as I am aware...
    Did you get any PMs about your reported post involving the link to the facebook chat involving the two cartoon characters already?
    What link, what cartoon characters?

Did you already get PMs about your reported post?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

OBJECTION.

*Sorry, gets coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Bailiff, get the man his coat

• Advertisement

No, i didn't get any PM's

What cartoon characters?

Am I supposed to assume that the people in the photo are not real people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

What cartoon characters?

Am I supposed to assume that the people in the photo are not real people?

phoenix-wright-ds.jpg

A-Trak wrote: »
    phoenix-wright-ds.jpg
    Not my point... What if I claimed to be Greg Winters and someone had screencapped my Facebook?

Hmm. A PM was supposed to be in the offing about that.
    I will follow up now and get that ironed out. Perhaps it was lost in the ether.

As this thread is now long past its sell by date (somewhere around 8 months) I would like to thank everyone for their feedback and suggestions and call it a day on this one.

New threads with opportunities to discuss numerous aspects of the forum will be created as and when a need is recognised or an idea or change is formed.

Positive poster input and opinion will be needed more and more as the forum grows however this thread is no longer serving its purpose so thanks all.

Re: that last question. It was allowed after asking the poster if it was from their own Facebook (it wasn't. That's the PM dr.b was referring to btw. There was some miscommunication there), confirming it through Google and because, in my opinion, the uncensored images fitted in with the context of the joke. It may not have been to the letter of the law but I think it certainly adhered to the spirit of the forum.

Amen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement