Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I've heard some b*s in my time, but that Mormon guy deserves a medal for Olympic class Godology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

And that bit of lunacy about him being a very rare type of person, ie "An Irishman who doesn't drink" and his smug laughter as he said it was vaguely insulting.

We all know people who choose not to take a drink and its got feckall to with following some supernatural religious nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

Lapin wrote: »
    And that bit of lunacy about him being a very rare type of person, ie "An Irishman who doesn't drink" and his smug laughter as he said it was vaguely insulting.

We all know people who choose not to take a drink and its got feckall to with following some supernatural religious nonsense.

To be fair i think he said 'An Irishman who has never had a drink' which be far fewer than Irish men who don't drink now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

bossdrum wrote: »
    To be fair ...
    You have just lost your audience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

bossdrum wrote: »
    To be fair i think he said 'An Irishman who has never had a drink' which be far fewer than Irish men who don't drink now.

I may have picked his exact wording up wrong but there was no mistaking his smug self satisfied manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

touts wrote: »
    That's how he comes across to me. It's no more ridiculous than the "Saint John" view some people seem to have of him.

Spot on, Touts. Can't stand listening to the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nascence

Proof, if any were needed, that Mormonology is the most transparent of transparent religious con-jobs;

"...but the advantage of it in the early days of the church, before we began to live this law, the Church was in debt and there was a chance that the Church was going to lose some of it's property. So this came about as a commandment from the Lord in order to get ourselves out of debt, to live by this law and now the Church has no debt..."

Convenient, eh?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Nascence wrote: »
    Proof, if any were needed, that Mormonology is the most transparent of transparent religious con-jobs;

"...but the advantage of it in the early days of the church, before we began to live this law, the Church was in debt and there was a chance that the Church was going to lose some of it's property. So this came about as a commandment from the Lord in order to get ourselves out of debt, to live by this law and now the Church has no debt..."

Convenient, eh?! :pac:

Ah amazing how "God" always has his finger on the old financial button :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nascence

Old God's remarkably consistent across his franchises too, I mean the Catholics throw victims under the bus to protect property, the Mormons tax their cultists, great managerial directives from on high there. Are we totally sure the HSE isn't a faith? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I was intrigued by his refusal to engage in a description of "Mormon underwear" so much so that I had to google it.

220px-Garment.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_garment

Apparently
    the garment "when properly worn...provides protection against temptation and evil"

And a prospective POTUS believes in this sh1te? Even GWB wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Era, live and let live. If that's what they want to believe in, let them at it - as long as they don't call to my door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Average Pat! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Very sad listening to this:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Very sad listening to this:(

Thought RTE might have pulled this item..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Thought RTE might have pulled this item..
    What item was that? My stream went down..

Where does Kenny or his producer find this aural sludge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Are you referring to the 'shoos'? Total dross. Somehow manage to be melodramatic and painfully bland at the same time. They seem to love these kind of bands on the show, for god's sake try something a bit different! How about some krautrock or shoegaze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

yesterday's music act was good though, who were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

kinda baffled at the peice with the justice minsiter about the ra heads funeral.

who's it actually aimed at ? as i cant see anyone that was actually there giving two ****es about what the gov and the irish media think of them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Listening to Pat talking about Rory McIlroy, I was wondering if Pat wore his Celtic jersey in to work today... thought he was a bit over the top..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Pat was over the top but Noel Smith calling Rory a stupid little boy was outrageous.
    I not sure what caused this vitriol I was quite shocked.

I was the one who sent in the missive!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Pat was over the top but Noel Smith calling Rory a stupid little boy was outrageous.

the sports after the 11am news is stupid. Whats the point in having a sports reader in if pats just going to do the news and give his opinions on the sporting weekend. The only reason their upset over McIllroy is hes a decent golfer and the southern guys are rubbish at the minute. The same crap went on years ago with eddie irvine in F1

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I find myself getting very angry when i listen to Howlin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Who the F is Noel Smith anyway?

Did someone on RTE Radio actually say this?

Wow. Totally uncalled for..... Especially in light of what has been said (clarified) since by Rory.

I find myself getting very angry when i listen to Howlin

complete spoofery from the man.

avoided completly the question put to him by a texter asking whats the difference between the property tax and income tax now its ALL coming from wages.

jaysus that last peice with paddy about people flogging stuff to charity shops was some laugh.

you could almost hear the shock undertone of "but your not a scumbag !" from him when interviewing the first girl

:D

Paddy O'Gorman again?! Christ on a social welfare bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

Not a great show today. Lots of filler material. Matt Dawson on cooking for 15 minutes and now two Grannies on cooking. Pat really seems to be struggling to fill the airtime and it's only 11am. If you're passing RTE in the next 20 minutes there is a fair chance a producer will drag you in for an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Cahill is such a careful turd when reporting on anything controversial. This time match fixing. Even clammed up at the end when Pat jokingly likened the population of Luxembourg to having the same population of Cork in relation to the NIR match. Infuriating man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement