Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cahill is such a careful turd when reporting on anything controversial. This time match fixing. Even clammed up at the end when Pat jokingly likened the population of Luxembourg to having the same population of Cork in relation to the NIR match. Infuriating man.

Sums things up well enough! His brain seems to freeze if Kenny bowls anything not already expected back at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

What aload of old nonsense! Who are these women and why are they on the air?God is there know one in RTE that can talk about the killing of the US Ambassador in Libya.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bureau2009

touts wrote: »
    If you're passing RTE in the next 20 minutes there is a fair chance a producer will drag you in for an interview.
    Much truth is spoken in jest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Jaysus, the show is dire today. PK must need a holiday.

Dirigent wrote: »

God how we wanted Pat back after Myles, a case of careful what you wish for! I think the show has gone down hill over the last few months. They rarely cover breaking news and seem to fill the show with filler pieces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Dirigent wrote: »

He's doing as well as he can. He got Matt Dawson talking about cookery and then rugby and then dancing. He had the two cooking grannies talking about food, then travel, then Weather in Chicago, then the US election and then American Football. He had two guys on about a play and pretty much covered the whole of Joyce's "the Dead". Now he is getting Declan Synnott to play as much music as possible and even read out the full list of every pub Synnott is gigging in for the next few months.

Pat is doing his best with nothing but I'd say the producers are going to get their ass kicked in about 25 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

They got rid of the arts show but Pat seems to be trying to bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jaysus this is bland stuff. He should stick to accompanying Christy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Go Declan Sinnott

A truly shocking programme, what is supposed to be RTE radios premier current affairs magazine is today little more than an aural knitting circle of a show.

US Ambassador to Libya dead
    German constitutional court makes important decision regarding bailout funding
    Hillsborough papers released
    The Labour Party think in
    Dunnes Stores and the hijab (well could be an interesting discussion)

either not covered or given the most brief coverage.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    A truly shocking programme, what is supposed to be RTE radios premier current affairs magazine is today little more than an aural knitting circle of a show.

The first topic wasn't even mentioned what are they at in RTE! How they can call this programme current affairs I have no idea. It's more like Good morning on ITV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Public service broadcasting innit'.
    Your licence fee at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

They must be reading this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What aload of old nonsense! Who are these women and why are they on the air?God is there know one in RTE that can talk about the killing of the US Ambassador in Libya.

It's a new RTE production..

golden_girls_1p0f_copy_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

mike65 wrote: »

drivetime led with the hilsbrough issue just now.

maybe pats letting them run with the more relevent stuff now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I had the radio on low and actually thought there was report from Libya being broadcast until i turned it up and realised it was the smackheads talking to Paddy:D

jaysus they were the most "unalright" sounding people ive heard in ages.

ya gotta laught at paddy though, its like listening to something that was raised in a victorian novel.

seriously how inbred do ya have to be to end up like him ?

:D

Junkies with Cork accents - barely understandable.

O'Gorman is getting a lot of work from the PK show these days.

oh jesus now not only do we have a guy on blaming the internet for this the poor fool actually thinks people will stop taking drugs in the future !

bet right after this pat will shake his head about the whole sorry affair...

...and go for a pint !

:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

the ever current Tina Leonard discussing premium call lines and their charges :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

1st time in ages i had a listen to Pat, them druggie cork people with paddy o'gorman was radio gold :D

my friend wrote: »
    the ever current Tina Leonard discussing premium call lines and their charges :rolleyes:

To be fair, even though she normally spouts a lot of stuff that should be common sense, this particular segment was interesting and stuff I hadn't known.

Irish assembled is not Irish made - its Irish assembled.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

100% irish made chemo headwear www.bluerosewaterford.com 058 60934

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Have to say today's show was much better than yesterday's cooking and musical extravaganza. All of yesterday's guests must have phoned in sick and deferred to today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Yakuza wrote: »
    To be fair, even though she normally spouts a lot of stuff that should be common sense, this particular segment was interesting and stuff I hadn't known.

Maybe, but she really should have been able to answer Pat's question - on what grounds were the premium rate telephone companies trying to stop parts of the legislation being enacted?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sounds like an interesting play

Dont really enjoy Fionnán Sheehan's contributions to these panels things any more.. He's a bit young to be constantly acting the cynical curmudgeon..

• Advertisement

Joe O'Shea doesnt have a clue what he's talking about... (a prerequisite to writing for The Star I presume)...

"Diana's death had nothing to do with the paps" What an idiot.. Being pushed out by his editor as the most amenable of his staff to defend the paper no doubt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement