Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burner2009 thread merge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

burner2009 wrote: »
    what can i say i have an anger problem and better to take it out on this than real life also im board .

Request access to the Ranting and Raving forum or join the Dealgan Boxing Club. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

You are not allowed to volunteer while on the dole. You need to be "looking for full time work".

I took an official request from my charity of choice to the dole office saying that I would be willing to donate 20 hours a week of my time to that charity and spend the remainder looking for work and attending any interviews and my request was refused.

Yeah, well get with the times.

Most people who are doing voluntary work have not said a murmer to the dole office. Look at it this way, are they really going to be tracking down folk who are making something of their day and supporting their community, rather than spending the time to find the dole frauds and cheats we hear so much about in the papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭burner2009

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

chin_grin wrote: »
    Bleedin' kids! Bleedin' HALLOWEEN!

Actually no, Halloween is cool. Gives me a chance to act like a bigger eejit but this time as The Crow! (Not really).

EDIT: Bore..............nevermind.

haha.. the amount of nutters you see done up as The Crow thinking it's cool is nuts... just as bad as all them "007's"...

Oh I know what I'll do.. I'll wear a Black N'White suit....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

have you people nothing better to do than tell people there spelling wrong

Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Because you only get a full dole payment for one year, irregardless of how many years you have paid PRSI for, after that you will be dropped to a maximum of about 130.

Means payments are done so if you are living at home, with a partner or a wife you will be absolutely raped.

I understand this doesn't fit in with the righteous arguments of people who want to see the dole cut but it is what it is.

Thing is though if he's living at home & getting dinners, warmth & shelter from his folks maybe he shouldn't get the same amount as someone living in a houseshare paying rent & contributing to the bills associated with the address?

If you miss your rent, your out on your ass so you really do need the full entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

its the start of the school year which means its the start of fire works,this also means the start of little ****s throwing them at everyone and stupid kids blowing them self up

i started a form on this last year and it was a very well discused topic hope it does the same this year

Ahhhh yes. Except last year it was called "hollween"....two whole pages of people taking the piss...sounds very well discussed alright...:rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055699806

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Well we could work but it's much more fun to do this instead.

So tell us, what was school like in Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

y r u linkin 2 ma profile?

I dont geddit.

:confused:

haha.. the amount of nutters you see done up as The Crow thinking it's cool is nuts... just as bad as all them "007's"...

Oh I know what I'll do.. I'll wear a Black N'White suit....

It is almost like a rite of passage, I did it meself years ago.

Ooh Blues Brothers or Anon?

• Advertisement

In all fairness although i rarely highlight someone elses spelling mistakes (because its a bit nerdy) thats some shocking writing skills there burner. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

It's a bit early for halloween, OP, so peoples won't be angry enough about it to respond.

And try not do the txt speak thing, as most people hate it and it's against the charter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Darlughda wrote: »

Most people who are doing voluntary work have not said a murmer to the dole office. Look at it this way, are they really going to be tracking down folk who are making something of their day and supporting their community, rather than spending the time to find the dole frauds and cheats we hear so much about in the papers?

Personally I would rather spend my time looking for work than out in the pissing rain helping the "community"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Noffles wrote: »
    Personally I would rather spend my time looking for work than out in the pissing rain helping the "community"...

fair enuff. plenty of work indoors if you would bother yer ar$e looking through the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I would wonder what state your CV is in?

Seriously, if your spelling is as bad in the CV you will be written off almost immediately by prospective employers - harsh but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Have you tried looking here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Listen, it can be difficult to read. The odd typo is usually left slide (unless yer a fierce pedant for that kind of thing):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Welcome to the burner2009 mega thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Get with what times?

From my experience with the Social Welfare, they are basically incompetent bastards who cut me off twice for no reason and who told me i owed them 3000 euro's on another occasion which took 3 weeks of calling into the dole office daily to sort out.

As such, i was going to give them nothing at all to hold against me. Basically what you are advising is operating outside of the rules because it suits your moral standpoint...which is fairly stupid in fairness.

How has your experience with the dole been?
    Thing is though if he's living at home & getting dinners, warmth & shelter from his folks maybe he shouldn't get the same amount as someone living in a houseshare paying rent & contributing to the bills associated with the address?

If you miss your rent, your out on your ass so you really do need the full entitlement.

Indeed, but what you are doing there is making assumptions about the apparent income of the person they are living with. I have no doubt that they need less money...but 80 euro a week would hardly cover the cost of food and a share of bills. (Although i am making an assumption there that they would kick some back to the parents rather than just live off them, Irish style )

I take it if you were living at home on the dole you would be getting all this free and making no offer of money to the parents. What about people living with a partner? Do you feel it fair that dole office treats them as a married couple while the tax office does not?

One really has to concentrate to make sense of this, and then there's the whole issue of three threads merged into one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

fair enuff. plenty of work indoors if you would bother yer ar$e looking through the website.

True, I didn't look at the website.. but to encourage people to "get with the times" and do stuff without informing the dole is a tad reckless, what if he is seen... how do the dole know he's doing it voluntarily.. and then stop his dole...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

No. We are going to teach you how to with some tough love. It is a sorry state to see a 19 year old with a poor grasp of spelling and grammar today. Even if you have dyslexia, there are plenty of other boards users with it who can form a sentance properly or at least try to. We are your teachers now :pac:

Yes, I fully expect someone to pick out my mistakes too.

I think this thread actually makes more sense since the merge.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Karmaman

Seriously Burner if your looking for advice you should go back to school, life on the dole's not fun and the more your on it the more unemployable you'll be, doesn't really matter what couse you do, just something to show you kept yourself busy.

When said people probably wrote their own CV, and are complaining about having no luck getting a job, then I think the lack of spelling ability is probably a pretty pertinent criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

biko wrote: »
    Welcome to the burner2009 mega thread.

Ah, you're a little angle biko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Not just spelling.

http://www.better-english.com/easier/theyre.htm

Indeed, but what you are doing there is making assumptions about the apparent income of the person they are living with. I have no doubt that they need less money...but 80 euro a week would hardly cover the cost of food and a share of bills. (Although i am making an assumption there that they would kick some back to the parents rather than just live off them, Irish style )

I take it if you were living at home on the dole you would be getting all this free and making no offer of money to the parents. What about people living with a partner? Do you feel it fair that dole office treats them as a married couple while the tax office does not?

No no, im talking exclusively about this guy's current situation. Nobody else. Full stop. Please no demonizing.

He's admitted to living at home with his parents & said nothing about contributing to his parents rent/mortgage & i doubt they would want a cut of the 78 euros he gets a week. Based on the scenario described by the OP & the hypothetical scenario included in my posts i think its fair.

Someone else whos living in a houseshare & paying rent really really needs the 200 odd euros per week or they will end up on the street or hungry. I think the amounts are in sync with the persons needs.

So are we still talking about Halloween? Or angles?

• Advertisement

chin_grin wrote: »
    So are we still talking about Halloween? Or angles?

who knows? i reckon we sit back and and enjoy...

Advertisement