Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Delighted for him, such a big putt to hold on 18 to force a play off and I'm sure Burger is one for the future.

P.s I love Monday golf, from 2pm in work we just sat infront of the TV and it just ended in perfect time to head home for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As much as I don't tend to have much sympathy for multi-millionaires, I was starting for feel for PH, and really glad he has finally gotten this monkey off his back.

Hopefully this will kickstart his career again and have him back where he belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I must say, following this thread at work, its hard to imagine that actually watching it live could have been as exciting! Absolutely delighted for harrington, spine tingling stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Epic stuff and so happy for him. That run of birdies while Poulter and Reed were stumbling was great to watch, then the stumble of his own followed by that birdie on 18 and the brilliant tee shot on the hole he doubled half an hour before. Two daggers to the heart for young Berger who must have thought he had it. Edge of seat and heart in mouth stuff all the way.
    That's his PGA ticket sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Coltard

This is the best day of my life.

I'm very very happy for him, but the best day of your life, seriously ... lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Coltard

Anyway, hopefully can only get better for him from here on...
    My favorite part of today. His post round interview.
    That was a completely different man to what we've seen. That was pure class confidence without arrogance. Like he said .. he knows how to hit the shots under pressure .. and he seriously delivered on that today !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

What a back nine! Vintage Harrington. Like all his best wins - a real roller coaster. Absolutely delighted. Back at Augusta too - the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

Keano wrote: »
    Thread title updated...for a few days :D

better than $1000000 any day - im sure he will be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Too excited after reading all the posts and following padraig for the day...I'm off to the range :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Winning so early in the year makes it as good as a 3 year exemption, can plan his season on both sides of the Atlantic now without over playing like last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

My head is in a spin.

But this means so much for so many reasons.

Not to mention are these Ryder Cup points ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

11050295_10205614235852793_3906034008438125231_n.jpg?oh=283b8af73951550139a6af18c35a4f45&oe=5592EFAA&__gda__=1434631100_f8b9933b6351eb401d298a06144c8370

Class Is Permanent :) Hon Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That putt on 18 to force the playoff was the shot of the day for me. Such belief! Brilliant day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

My head is in a spin.

But this means so much for so many reasons.

Not to mention are these Ryder Cup points ?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

sligeach wrote: »
    Delighted for Padraig. He sounded really positive last week in the interview on the Ray Darcy show. Wish I'd put some money on him, must have been at least 100/1 for the win.
    Bookies still had him at 50/1 even when he was nearly leading after the first round

No betting only posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

What a day to be alive. Shame Leonard Nimoy missed it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

All this talk about the win and The Masters, what about THE RYDER CUP

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Padraig getting massive plaudits all over the twitersphere... except from Justin who didn't consider him worth mentioning... perhaps us Boardsies should remind Justin who won today?

https://twitter.com/JustinRose99/status/572458881726746625

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

All well and good but can he do it on a cold wet Sunday in RCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight wrote: »
    What a day to be alive. Shame Leonard Nimoy missed it.

Wouldn't mind, he lived 157 years - and missed that.

I feel - I can live long and prosper after today.

There was something not right in me - the way it had panned out for our Padraig.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Blaise Bambury

Well done Padraig...what a gutsy put on 18 in final round !

Great win ...well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fair play to Padraig. Well done. I have to hold my hands up and say I thought he was finished.
    I have to say I never thought he'd be back and also seriously doubted he'd win this after last night's performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

He had dinner last night with Shane Lowry & Stephen Grant. Might have helped relax him and give him the belief at the same time that he wasn't out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's so nice listening to all the positive talk about Padraig this evening. The country is a buzz with happiness because he's one of the genuinely nice guys in sport. I know it sounds crazy and I never get premonitions but I really can picture Padraig into the green jacket next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

sligeach wrote: »
    It's so nice listening to all the positive talk about Padraig this evening. The country is a buzz with happiness because he's one of the genuinely nice guys in sport. I know it sounds crazy and I never get premonitions but I really can picture Padraig into the green jacket next month.

Padraig's win is a real good news story. I think everyone is genuinly thrilled for the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Points count towards the Olympics which seem to have been his motivation. Also first sponsors invite to win on PGA tour in 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Everytime I see the name of this thread in delighted for the man. As if he wasn't smiley enough we are going to be over dossed with happiness fir the next few years with him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Absolutely thrilled for him, I hope its not a once off and he can kick on from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Amazing - great achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I'm glad to say I never doubted the great man for a second :) Just like everyone else on here :pac::P

Some of the comments here the last while you'd swear we're talking about some Sunday hacker. Once you win three majors you never think about holding on for top tens; it's all about the win and fair ***** to him he went out and did it. He could only do it because he has the constitution of a champion not the incontinence of some nervous nellies on here.

I wonder how long a reprieve this win will give him before the naysayers are back in force. At least the doubting Thomases got to put their hands in the wound today. Others won't be convinced till he's walking on Rae's Creek wrapped in the green jacket ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement