Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Anyone want a slice of my humble pie? I admit I was wrong to write the man off but absolutely delighted to see him do the business. Great week for Irish sport topped off by the return of one of our greatest. Well done Padraig.

Btw someone asked what price he was. 250/1 on Thursday, a little old man in the local had a fiver each way. Safe to say he won't be home early tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

P. Harrington is the Honda Classic champion of 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

The man who gave Paddy an invite ?

Freedom of Dublin on the way.

Who would that have been ?

who decides the invites?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

P. Harrington is the Honda Classic champion of 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

That stern talking from JP and Dessie worked wonders :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Patrick Harrington.

We are so proud.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Dr Devious

Brilliant stuff. couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Anyone want a slice of my humble pie? I admit I was wrong to write the man off but absolutely delighted to see him do the business. Great week for Irish sport topped off by the return of one of our greatest. Well done Padraig.

Btw someone asked what price he was. 250/1 on Thursday, a little old man in the local had a fiver each way. Safe to say he won't be home early tonight!

That man - is no little old man.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130131031643/starwars/images/e/e4/Yoda_new_topps.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

Ormus wrote: »
    In ways this seems like a bigger achievement than his PGA win.

In ways.

I'm inclined to agree. In terms of performance against expectations, it's definitely his best result ever. :D I'm so glad I got to see it live and I'm still pinching myself to make sure it's not just a dream.

Funny thing. It's my wedding anniversary today. Four years ago today, I took a half day from work so that we could go out for a few celebratory drinks and an early meal. I ended up spending most of the afternoon watching Ireland beat England in the cricket World Cup.

Today it was the golf. I wonder what will be happening on 2nd March 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Ormus wrote: »
    In ways this seems like a bigger achievement than his PGA win.

In ways.

I agree....he was arguably the best of the rest over that 18 month period but this win has come from nowhere to most people except the man himself no doubt!

Absolutely unbelievably over the moon,I feel like hugging everyone and telling them he did it!sometimes truly incredibly things happen to good people like paddy!his final round almost summed up his career since the PGA....solid then down hill to the ridiculous and then exploding into life with the win...roller-coaster!!and the balls of the last couple of holes...most would have collapsed with such crushing disappointment of his drive on 17...but to come back!!

Thats 2 wins from his last 6 starts!!let's forget about what happened in between and savour in the rewards of such blinkered support for the great man through thick and thin! (by most of us!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I nearly burst out laughing when read the notification about it. What a win, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

abff wrote: »
    I wonder what will be happening on 2nd March 2019?

Harro to be inaugurated as president;)

who decides the invites?

The sponsors. But Padraig would always get an invite to this tournament as a previous winner.

By the way (and relatively insignificant in the overall scheme of things) there is no way he can be turned down for induction into the golfing world Hall of Fame this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Dr Devious

That 6 iron to a few feet from the pin on the second playoff hole must surely be the best shot of his life taking all things in to consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Absolutely delighted for him, and I speak as someone who had totally lost the faith and scoffed at his win in Indonesia on this very thread.

Well done Padraig, hopefully he can kick on from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Well done Padraig boy! There's a resurrection and a half to his career.

Weird stat reminder - Harrington's won 3 Majors since Tiger Woods last won one. Bizarrely, chances look stronger of extending that advantage rather than vice versa.

abff wrote: »
    And a great drive down the 12th. Dare we dream?

Couldn't resist quoting this. I think the answer is YES, WE CAN! (Apologies for shouting),

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Really happy for harry what a rollercoaster ride brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Shane is definitely happy if his tweets are anything to go by
    "The best Irish sportsperson of all time. End of!"
    and
    "Looking forward to having @padraig_h at the masters for a few practice rounds #paddysontour"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

<Mod snip> No betting posts please

Delighted for him. Did he get upset at all during the interview?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Drat just missed out on the 8,000th paddy post :pac:

Welcome back sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Have to say I didn't see that coming. What a win! Just goes to show the value of winning at a lower level beforehand. People might have said it was 'only' a win in Indonesia but it's probably as much mental ability as playing ability at the top levels of the game. Harri clearly took great confidence from it. Look at how Koepka similarly stepped up from the Challenge tour. Lots of other examples over the years. Anyhow....I'd say Paddy might take a rare Jack Daniels and Coke tonight. He deserves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Well done Padraig great win. Delighted for you. Hahn was 297 in the world last week when he won Paddy was 297 in the world this week and he won.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

To me, he looked very comfortable when in front or behind. A great way to finish with birdie on 18.
    He looks like he has his short game back. That was always his strength.
    At 2pm today he was out of it. Great inner strength to hunt them down. When Reed birdie 14 Pàdraig roll it in on top of hit, it looked like Reed couldn't believe it.

It was him saying lads you have to win this, I'm not giving it to you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

_81351929_harrington.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

pelevin wrote: »
    Weird stat reminder - Harrington's won 3 Majors since Tiger Woods last won one. Bizarrely, chances look stronger of extending that advantage rather than vice versa.

No, Tiger won the US Open in 2008. Harro had only won one by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

What an amazing win in one of the biggest events of the year, amazing stuff, the man is a hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

glack wrote: »
    Shane is definitely happy if his tweets are anything to go by
    "The best Irish sportsperson of all time. End of!"
    and
    "Looking forward to having @padraig_h at the masters for a few practice rounds #paddysontour"

Fair play Shane. It'll be great having the two of them there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

This is the best day of my life. Been too tense to even type in "boards padraig harrington" on google all day! What a legend! A good friend of mine was a real doubter. He kept saying he's a joke now, hes finished. This was his text message to me today. "Credit where credit is due, that was pure bottle. Class. Fair play"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement