Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Missed the cut and out of the Masters:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

+1 for the par 5s over 2 days

Only Padraig could do that
    one of the worst on tour Consistently id say on the par 5s

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

His next step is to change caddy he's tried everything else surely a new bag man could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

If as someone alluded to that he's one of the top birdie getters this week and still missed the cut by 5 or so shots . . . that seems to sum up his capacity for disaster over the last long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

pelevin wrote: »
    If as someone alluded to that he's one of the top birdie getters this week and still missed the cut by 5 or so shots . . . that seems to sum up his capacity for disaster over the last long while.

Absolutely. That's proof it's all mental though. I mean 10 birdies in 2 rounds is a good sign your hitting good shots and making a few putts. If you didnt look at his card this week but just his stats you'd be shocked by his score! I actually do agree he needs a new caddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Missed the cut and out of the Masters:eek:

What?.... Sure he wasn't in the masters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Glad I went to bed before the 18th now.

I'm struggling to keep faith with the man.

He will give us all one more weekend of pleasure though. I just know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

josie19 wrote: »
    Most pointless thread on Boards Golf I'm afraid :confused:

I take it all back. I've never laughed so much reading the last 6 pages this morning. Had to laugh quietly - She's asleep and I'm heading for me Saturday golf fix :D

Absolutely. That's proof it's all mental though. I mean 10 birdies in 2 rounds is a good sign your hitting good shots and making a few putts. If you didnt look at his card this week but just his stats you'd be shocked by his score! I actually do agree he needs a new caddy.

I'd fully agree with that. It's mental & given he seems to have tried every gimmick under the sun sticking with the same caddy surely makes little sense. The old adage about not mixing work with relations seems an obvious case in point here. Working with someone different might have or even still helped clear away a few mental cobwebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

His lack of on course rage impresses me. When he hit that short flop into the bunker from 10 yards, then hacked it barely over the lip, I would be taking a Trip down red mist avenue, straight turn into Rant Lane.

Good on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What?.... Sure he wasn't in the masters

Thats what SS News reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Thats what SS News reported.

presumably that his last chance of qualification (i.e. by winning this event) had now passed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

His lack of on course rage impresses me. When he hit that short flop into the bunker from 10 yards, then hacked it barely over the lip, I would be taking a Trip down red mist avenue, straight turn into Rant Lane.

Good on him.

Maybe a bit of ranting would help him instead of bottling up that rage. I find if I'm really playing it in the sh!tter, a few choice swear words and a "dropped" club does the trick just nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Injured his middle finger according to his website and got treatment on 15th. The only interest he has in the Masters is the Par 3,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Injured his middle finger according to his website and got treatment on 15th. The only interest he has in the Masters is the Par 3,

I'm nearly sure he has said that he won't bother with the Par 3.

I think he'd make himself look a fairly sad charity case if he turned up for the Par 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

pelevin wrote: »
    I think he'd make himself look a fairly sad charity case if he turned up for the Par 3.

Has already said he wont. It would be the saddest thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Sky sports 4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Russman

I'm probably going to get flamed for suggesting this, but (and I'm being serious) I wonder if its possible that subconsciously his body is finding a way for him to miss cuts at this stage ? Either through all the triples/doubles and maybe even the injured finger. Just a thought.

Just watched sky there and him celebrate that putt on 18 to best Sergio at the PGA.

The little fist pump dance. The elation of it all.

It nearly brought a tear to my eye here :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

ForeRight wrote: »
    Just watched sky there and him celebrate that putt on 18 to best Sergio at the PGA.

The little fist pump dance. The elation of it all.

It nearly brought a tear to my eye here :(

Ha ha me too. Lump in the throat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Russman wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get flamed for suggesting this, but (and I'm being serious) I wonder if its possible that subconsciously his body is finding a way for him to miss cuts at this stage ? Either through all the triples/doubles and maybe even the injured finger. Just a thought.
    Interesting thought process, that's probably it alright, have you got his email address so you can let him know.

dar_cool wrote: »
    Ha ha me too. Lump in the throat!!

I genuinely love the man. I met him one day playing P&P in good council in ballyboden. He was an absolute gent and was flopping balls for fun.

Interesting thought process, that's probably it alright, have you got his email address so you can let him know.

hahahaha, oh dear, sometimes there are no words..........good post.

hahahaha, oh dear, sometimes there are no words..........good post.

I think you may have over estimated the power of his body... It's the same body that let him get into that straight-jacket training aid thingy

PARlance wrote: »
    I think you may have over estimated the power of his body... It's the same body that let him get into that straight-jacket training aid thingy

Well, I was thinking along the lines of, sometimes when you're on a tee and say to yourself "don't hit it left" or "don't go into the water", oftentimes your body finds a way to, hit it left or to hit it into the water, ie to do the one thing you told it "not" to do, and wondering if its possible for that type of reaction to have followed through into the bigger picture with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Well, I was thinking along the lines of, sometimes when you're on a tee and say to yourself "don't hit it left" or "don't go into the water", oftentimes your body finds a way to, hit it left or to hit it into the water, ie to do the one thing you told it "not" to do, and wondering if its possible for that type of reaction to have followed through into the bigger picture with him.

Once you understand that the mind does not understand or process the "dont" part, it makes it a lot clearer. You have to think about what you want to do, under pressure your mind/body wont have a positive thought/target and will just hear "hit it in the water"

That's all your brain IMO as per boardsmembers post.
    Re Harringtons body sabotaging things as some way of protecting him... I really don't think so... If his body had the power it would have completely packed up on him already.
    His body enjoys the thousands of hours on the range and then decides to get a cramp in its finger to avoid playing 2 more rounds... Don't think so Russman :)
    Sure he's probably been out on the range for about 12 hours today...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

ForeRight wrote: »
    I genuinely love the man. I met him one day playing P&P in good council in ballyboden. He was an absolute gent and was flopping balls for fun.

where in the states are you from ForeRight?:D........only joking met him a few times,pure gent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

He's going to be on Second Captains tonight on RTE2 after the Champions League

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement