Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

du Maurier wrote: »
    So, the data speeds have improved dramatically for me over the last week or so, but now I my text messages aren't sending. Anyone experiencing this problem?

Hi du Maurier

Its not a general issue. Likely your SMS service centre address on the SIM/phone has been changed somehow.

Please contact our rep over in the Tesco Mobile Talk To forum who will help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1542

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Hi Paul.

Thanks for that.

I called the Customer Care and they'll schedule a call back from a technician.

I informed CC that I tried sending a message to my number, which was successful so he intimated that it wasn't an issue with the settings.

The networks I did try text were on 3 mobile. He also informed me that if I was receiving texts from that network(which I was) that it was a problem on the TM end.

I suppose I should just wait for the call back, but in the meantime, apart from the forum help, would there be anything else I could troubleshoot regarding the matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IrishPsychic

Hi du Maurier

Its not a general issue. Likely your SMS service centre address on the SIM/phone has been changed somehow.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Last week ported my Dad over to Tesco on Sunday so was told it would be done Monday so it was done perfect from Vodafone to Tesco,

My phone number has now been ported over today from Vodafone to Tesco but there is a problem if you ring my number it will ring on the Tesco Sim in the iPhone as it is supposed to do, If you ring from a landline the other phone rings which means it is still connected to Vodafone. I rang Vodafone and they said they were waiting for a second level request from you to get it ported but I didnt have to do this with my Dads I told Vodafone they said they are having issues at the moment.

I rang Tesco at 17.00 and was speaking to Hulo who could not of been better the only thing was I rang from the Landline and because your service centre is 089 obviously Eircom will charge my Dad now for that call and I will have to pay it I was on for 20 minutes and I forgot I wasnt ringing a cheap number as I had the Vodafone Sim in the iPhone at that stage as it is still active and still is active like and hence why I called your Call Centre, I have mentioned both are active and its all confusing. I am not expecting a refund from you but if you do offer anything for being on the phone from a Landline to you for that amount of time I would be so grateful as it is not my fault I just want to be on your network and 100 working perfect and get rid of Voadafone :)

I have just spoken to Alan from Vodafone and like I have mentioned he has never heard of this happening but I am hoping it will be all fixed soon he said they are having issue on their end, and I joked with the Tesco Rep just now as I am just off the phone its now 19.30 and I said to her obviously Vodafone cant let me go and she was laughing as was I,

She has sent the e mail off again to Vodafone the same as what Hulo did so I am hoping it is sorted in the morning 31st May, Fingers crossed,

If you need to PM me please do so in relation to anything I have just mentioned...

I also lost the credit on my Tesco Sim when the port took place at 12.13 but Hulo put it back on which was great of him but like I said the Vodafone sim with the same number is still active and anyone ringing me from a Landline gets through to the Vodafone phone and if you ring from a Mobile you get through to the iPhone with the Tesco Sim so apparently its a routing issue or something,

Best wishes,
    IP

Hi Paul,

Last week ported my Dad over to Tesco on Sunday so was told it would be done Monday so it was done perfect from Vodafone to Tesco,

My phone number has now been ported over today from Vodafone to Tesco but there is a problem if you ring my number it will ring on the Tesco Sim in the iPhone as it is supposed to do, If you ring from a landline the other phone rings which means it is still connected to Vodafone. I rang Vodafone and they said they were waiting for a second level request from you to get it ported but I didnt have to do this with my Dads I told Vodafone they said they are having issues at the moment.

I rang Tesco at 17.00 and was speaking to Hulo who could not of been better the only thing was I rang from the Landline and because your service centre is 089 obviously Eircom will charge my Dad now for that call and I will have to pay it I was on for 20 minutes and I forgot I wasnt ringing a cheap number as I had the Vodafone Sim in the iPhone at that stage as it is still active and still is active like and hence why I called your Call Centre, I have mentioned both are active and its all confusing. I am not expecting a refund from you but if you do offer anything for being on the phone from a Landline to you for that amount of time I would be so grateful as it is not my fault I just want to be on your network and 100 working perfect and get rid of Voadafone :)

I have just spoken to Alan from Vodafone and like I have mentioned he has never heard of this happening but I am hoping it will be all fixed soon he said they are having issue on their end, and I joked with the Tesco Rep just now as I am just off the phone its now 19.30 and I said to her obviously Vodafone cant let me go and she was laughing as was I,

She has sent the e mail off again to Vodafone the same as what Hulo did so I am hoping it is sorted in the morning 31st May, Fingers crossed,

If you need to PM me please do so in relation to anything I have just mentioned...

I also lost the credit on my Tesco Sim when the port took place at 12.13 but Hulo put it back on which was great of him but like I said the Vodafone sim with the same number is still active and anyone ringing me from a Landline gets through to the Vodafone phone and if you ring from a Mobile you get through to the iPhone with the Tesco Sim so apparently its a routing issue or something,

Best wishes,
    IP

Just got my friend to call me there it is not working it only is Tesco Phones that is able to call me at the minute but the strange thing is only Tesco can call but using the number thats being ported lol so fingers crossed its sorted out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Pleased to report that data speeds have improved although i still believe there is room for much improvement, speeds should be a lot quicker but it's mush better lately that a few weeks ago

• Advertisement

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Pleased to report that data speeds have improved although i still believe there is room for much improvement, speeds should be a lot quicker but it's mush better lately that a few weeks ago

Upload mucccccccch faster just checked now seriously delighted now!!!
    Downlaod is perfect for what I need to use WI FI if you want top speeds I have 3G in places I didnt even have with Vodafone so what an Upgrade :)

If Paul can just read my other posts now and get my number fixed I will be more over the moon :)

Hi Paul,

Best wishes,
    IP

Hi IrishPsychic

This sounds like a routing issue that will need some intervention from one of your previous operators. Please contact our rep in the Talk To forum who can help you or PM Tesco Mobile: Reps with your details

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1542

regards
    Paul

Hi IrishPsychic

This sounds like a routing issue that will need some intervention from one of your previous operators. Please contact our rep in the Talk To forum who can help you or PM Tesco Mobile: Reps with your details

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1542

regards
    Paul

Have PM you with details Paul I kinda just hope it will be sorted out ASAP as when someone from Tesco rings me the 086 number rings but anyone else gets through to the old sim card which is Vodafone all details have been sent in PM.

Thanks once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I too am very pleased to report a welcome increase in data speeds! Well done to those who toiled.....and here's hoping that the speed increase is sustained. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

What are the data speeds actually like compared to O2 (Tesco's piggyback network). Upload and download speeds???

Also what is the rate for calling 048 numbers in N.Ireland. I have loads of rels up north and currently I can ring 048 numbers for free up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Hi du Maurier

regards
    Paul

Hi again. It's been about 5 to 6 days now, and still no solution to the porting issue, or a call. I got a missed call from a +0044 number. Would this be a Uk tech call or not? They mentioned they would leave a message though. No message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 amod

Hi,
    I have a i9001 bought from Meteor. I unlocked the phone a while back.
    I ported my mobile to Tesco today. I have Tesco SIM inserted and mobile phone is working fine. But the Tesco network shows as roaming.

Any clue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

amod wrote: »
    ... the Tesco network shows as roaming.

Technically the Tescomobile network is 'roaming' on the O2 network. Therefore your phone has to be set to allow roaming to access the service.

Just be aware when you go abroad that roaming is activated. Although as no data roaming is available (yet) it currently just gives you the possibility to make and receive calls (where Tescomobile have an agreement).

Edit:
    Tescomobile also have their own 'Talk to'-forum for any queries -

• Registered Users Posts: 25 InCagePhoto

hello Paul. I'm just newbie in Tesco mobile but so far so good. got my S3 for free with best bundle and money around. I'm very delighted so far with Tesco services. But I have a problem with voice mail set-up. I called to 171 to change my pin and activate the box. Then fallowed instructions on web. called on 172 to record my msg and activate. however I can't get away with switching on call diverts. in S3 call diverts are named call forwarding and under that section is option to forward all or unanswered, busy and out of coverage calls. each section asks me to provide number to which calls will be forwarded. I tried to type in *004*mynumber# but every time I'm ending up with error related to mmi and some unrecognised service request. I tried to dial *004*mynumber# from my number pad but no positive outcome. I'm sure I'm trying somethi g wrong. some guy from call centre of Tesco told me that the call divert is not the same as call forwarding. but I'cant find exactly divert named opt in s3. may you help me out please with telling me the right steps to do to get my voice mail set-up sorted?

Hi there

Try this

*004*+3538x5xxxxxxx# and press dial

I.e put the 5 in front of the main part of your number

If your number was 0891234567 then the command would be.

*004*+3538951234567#

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Back home in Belgium for a holiday, just found out I can't use my Tesco card in Belgium. Friggin brilliant.

Is there ANY reason why you cannot use Tesco in Belgium (a EU country) but apparently you can do without problems in countries such as Mongolia, Afghanistan and Iraq?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Hi,
    Tesco network has been unavailable for last 2 days when I'm in 3g mode. To make a phone call or use internet I have to check 'use only 2g network'.
    Has anything change in the settings? I haven't changed anything in my phone, I checked the apns settings, all ok, I rebooted phone between switching between 2g and 3g networks and I also tried taking out the sim card for a while. I still have no service while I'm on 3g network mode.
    I am going away this weekend and I'll need my phone working. What should I do ?

Rhand wrote: »
    Back home in Belgium for a holiday, just found out I can't use my Tesco card in Belgium. Friggin brilliant.

Is there ANY reason why you cannot use Tesco in Belgium (a EU country) but apparently you can do without problems in countries such as Mongolia, Afghanistan and Iraq?

Hi Rhand

Contact our care team here who will help you out.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=554494

thanks
    Paul

lud wrote: »
    Hi,
    Tesco network has been unavailable for last 2 days when I'm in 3g mode. To make a phone call or use internet I have to check 'use only 2g network'.
    Has anything change in the settings? I haven't changed anything in my phone, I checked the apns settings, all ok, I rebooted phone between switching between 2g and 3g networks and I also tried taking out the sim card for a while. I still have no service while I'm on 3g network mode.
    I am going away this weekend and I'll need my phone working. What should I do ?

Hi Lud

This could be a local issue to your area (a 3G site down possibly)

Please visit our Talk To forum here

or send a PM to our Care reps here

They will be abale to help you

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

Having problems today sending mms, keep gettin incorrect server response. Any idea why this is?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Having problems today sending mms, keep gettin incorrect server response. Any idea why this is?
    Thanks

Hi there

There is an issue with MMS at the moment. Should be resolved shortly

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rougerie

Hi Paul
    My Galaxy i9000 mark one is working fine with Tescomobile - EXCEPT! When it loses power and is restarted, it doesn't seem to send text messages. It kicks in after a few restarts, or sometimes after attempting two or three messages in a row. Can you help please?

Regards

Rougerie

rougerie wrote: »
    Hi Paul
    My Galaxy i9000 mark one is working fine with Tescomobile - EXCEPT! When it loses power and is restarted, it doesn't seem to send text messages. It kicks in after a few restarts, or sometimes after attempting two or three messages in a row. Can you help please?

Regards

Rougerie

hi there

This sounds like a phone issue (as it does find the SMS-C number eventually - if it were SIM it likely wouldnt work at all). Have you updated your phone to its latest software revision via your phone instructions?.

If this doesnt work please contact our customer care team below and we can try a SIM swap to see if that helps

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rougerie

Thanks for the prompt reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mordyl1

Hi Paul, I have an older HTC desire with a tesco 3g sim. Cannot get 3g- always Edge or H .....am in Galway city. have tried various fixes in this thread- anything I could be missing.

mordyl1 wrote: »
    Hi Paul, I have an older HTC desire with a tesco 3g sim. Cannot get 3g- always Edge or H .....am in Galway city. have tried various fixes in this thread- anything I could be missing.

Hi there

H is 3G - its HSDPA. So if you are getting data access with a H then you are OK. Do a speed test using the speed test app for android to see what kind of speeds you are getting. You should get anything between 500kbs to 1.5kbps download which would be 3G speeds

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 45 marnieb

Hi
    I don't seem to be recieving texts from the vodafone network, am getting texts from others in Tesco but not the vodafone. Could you tell me what might be the problem? They can recieve my texts but after they send one to me I don't recieve one back. Thanks

marnieb wrote: »
    Hi
    I don't seem to be recieving texts from the vodafone network, am getting texts from others in Tesco but not the vodafone. Could you tell me what might be the problem? They can recieve my texts but after they send one to me I don't recieve one back. Thanks

Hi Marnie

This sounds like an issue that happens sometimes after porting your number to a new operator where one operator's database isnt updated properly

Drop our customer care a private message here with your details and they will sort for you.

regards
    Paul

thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Hi Marnie

This sounds like an issue that happens sometimes after porting your number to a new operator where one operator's database isnt updated properly

Drop our customer care a private message here with your details and they will sort for you.

regards
    Paul

thanks
    Paul

That was fast and efficient service. Which operator would be at fault here?

Thanks Paul

• Advertisement

pirelli wrote: »
    That was fast and efficient service. Which operator would be at fault here?

Thanks Paul

Hi Pirelli

Its generally an issue with the port that causes the problem where the updated central database info about the port doesnt flow to another operator. This results in call routing issues usually just involving that operator. Its not a fault thing, its a technical issue that occurs from time to time with all operators due to the nature of the loosely coupled porting design. Vast majority of ports have no issue and its easily resovled by conatcting either customer care

regards
    Paul

Advertisement