Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John Murray Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

sligojoek wrote: »
    Which minister was that? I thought she sounded like a nun.

I suppose SOR will get another hour out of it.

She was a COI Reverend from somewhere in Dublin I think. I missed out on a lot of it as I had closed over the door at that stage so I couldn't hear the radio, it was annoying me that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

She was a COI Reverend from somewhere in Dublin I think. I missed out on a lot of it as I had closed over the door at that stage so I couldn't hear the radio, it was annoying me that much.

I was kinda half right then. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

JM doing Joan Burton impersonations at the top of the show.
    Jesus.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I was listening in the car on the way to Athlone yesterday, turned over to JM Show while there was a break in Newstalk Breakfast..... "So I kissed her good night John, and when she woke up the next morning the nurse said that she was after having a stroke"..... :(

I thought the reason to have a NON political show between Morning Ireland and Pat Kenny's old show was to have a bit of light entertainment.. He's either talking about depression, talking about depressing subjects, or he's out with depression himself.. !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I was listening in the car on the way to Athlone yesterday, turned over to JM Show while there was a break in Newstalk Breakfast..... "So I kissed her good night John, and when she woke up the next morning the nurse said that she was after having a stroke"..... :(

I thought the reason to have a NON political show between Morning Ireland and Pat Kenny's old show was to have a bit of light entertainment.. He's either talking about depression, talking about depressing subjects, or he's out with depression himself.. !
    I don't think that the programme has a light entertainment brief in the sense that it is limited to fluffy or amusing content. So far as I can see, the brief is to fill a time slot with talk radio that does not intrude greatly on the ground normally covered by Morning Ireland or by Today with Sean O'Rourke. I imagine that the major item on every agenda of production meetings is to find something, anything, that won't upset the schedule neighbours.

It's unkind to have a swipe at John Murray for having been ill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Could they not discuss kids without having a rake of noisy ones in the studio? I get enough of that at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There was nobody in the canteen this morning so he went to the creche for material.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Lovely to hear Jon O'Brien from Catholics for Choice on, talking sense and compassion.

She's not still together with her husband? Could she not just have got him to go around the house shouting "chunky monkey" when they were having a row..?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

These "Who's in the tent with me" clips are dreadful....

• Advertisement

These "Who's in the tent with me" clips are dreadful....

All the "light entertainment" stuff he does is terrible... Every morning he puts on that forced, jokey tone and just starts talking complete b*ll*x, which we are meant to find funny. Interspersed with youtube clips and stock audio noises (with the obligatory ten second pause as John fights the mouse and Windows Media Player). They should just drop every "comedy" element to the show and play it straight...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Michael Murphy is like a pig in **** with this King of Spain story.

listen out for his over pronunciation on the next news bulletin

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

dvcireland wrote: »
    Michael Murphy is like a pig in **** with this King of Spain story.

listen out for his over pronunciation on the next news bulletin
    He really is becoming a parody , having an orgasm over the silent j and the rolling r in king Juan CArlos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Murray bringing us more "light entertainment" this morning...

7TeQWa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Murray bringing us more "light entertainment" this morning...

7TeQWa.jpg

Just came here to warn ye about that before I go to sleep. I'm sure I'll have sweet dreams with that in my subconsciousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,020 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It was straight to the off button when I heard "placenta". FFS, at this hour of the morning:mad::eek:

Ah John, asking a question to which the interviewee gave the answer 2 minutes before. At least pretend to listen.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It was straight to the off button when I heard "placenta". FFS, at this hour of the morning:mad::eek:

If you think that's bad, while his "jokes" were on I ate my own foot..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

FOOK!!! I'm having nightmares. And I haven't even drifted off yet.

• Advertisement

I don't get this, last year someone talking about breastfeeding put John off his breakfast and now he thinks it's ok to talk about eating placenta at breakfast time? Hypocrisy much?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall made placenta paté years ago. :rolleyes:

Would these hormones and antibodies she is consuming by eating her placenta, survive the digestion process? I doubt it. :rolleyes:

"it's anecdotal" HA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Lol at John Murray barely able to hide his disgust and scepticism at your one and her placenta.

Go on John, ask him if the Korean daughter in law ate her placenta?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Anyone get the feeling that they've ran out of people for the World Cup competition? Sounds desperately like clutching at straws now

Anyone get the feeling that they've ran out of people for the World Cup competition? Sounds desperately like clutching at straws now

"Howrya Mick, you were in holland during a school tour twenty six years ago, how would you describe the mood of the nation ahead of the world cup".

So mannnny clichés.
    Also are we back in the 50's? Don't sleep with the guy on the first date cos if he doesn't call you back you'll feel cheap! May the woman is out for a quickie too?

Also, why should anyone take dating advice from someone who hasn't actually "successful" herself?

Five years later and they are still SHOUTING ALL THEIR SONGS..

• Advertisement

Up next heathers with another song.... Shout by Lulu I'm guessing..

Advertisement