Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"A Student" Selling His Notes On eBay

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

mcfahy wrote: »
    3. It was never about the money.
    :pac::pac::pac:

And the french is still outstanding, and im guessing it will be for along time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

In fairness, I have respect for the fact that the poster declared his interest rather than pretending absolute impartiality ... always a positive thing.

That is fair, I suppose. However I still maintain that saying 'it was never about the money' is hilarious. It's almost like a lottery winner saying that 'it was never about the money' when asked about why they bothered playing. (Poor analogy, but you get what I mean :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It was never about the money.
    Bull-fcuking-sh1t!

If he didn't care about the money why not give them to someone doing the leaving next year, give them to his old teachers, or as JamesJB said put them on the internet? If he wanted to pass on his notes out of some noble wish to help people, there are plenty of ways he could have distributed them for free.

Lets just be honest here, he was out for as much as he could get for those notes and everyone knows it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Lawliet wrote: »
    Bull-fcuking-sh1t!

If he didn't care about the money why not give them to someone doing the leaving next year, give them to his old teachers, or as JamesJB said put them on the internet? If he wanted to pass on his notes out of some noble wish to help people, there are plenty of ways he could have distributed them for free.

Lets just be honest here, he was out for as much as he could get for those notes and everyone knows it.
    didn't he even say that it was to earn money for college? not to help other students get an A.

but fair fúcks to him though. i didn't expect them to fetch that much. though if i was doing it, i would just put them up on a blog or sometime. i'd do it to genuinely help people. i'd feel much better about that than selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

whiteman19 wrote: »
    but fair fúcks to him though. i didn't expect them to fetch that much. though if i was doing it, i would just put them up on a blog or sometime. i'd do it to genuinely help people. i'd feel much better about that than selling them.

Which would you feal better about,putting your notes on a blog(typed up?) or putting them on ebay,gettin'your name around for havin' initiative & last but not least,having loads of beer money for College?:D

• Advertisement

NotExactly wrote: »
    Which would you feal better about,putting your notes on a blog(typed up?) or putting them on ebay,gettin'your name around for havin' initiative & last but not least,having loads of beer money for College?:D

Well, if you ask me, personally:

1) I don't particularly care about getting my name around; not in my nature.
    2) I don't drink.

So yeah, I think I'd rather help people out. Thing is, I don't believe my notes would be of any use to anyone bar myself (unless you find analogies to mathematical concepts through obscure videogame references helpful).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

don't drink and don't need the money. if i help just one person understand something they've had trouble with, then it'll be worth it.
    watch this space now. blog coming in a few months :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 princess764

I got the same results as this guy but my sister stole my (slightly illegible, messy and nonsensical) notes - don't think i would've sold them anyway. For some reason no newspaper wants me to write for them over the next year and i havn't made over a thousand euro for college. Can't help feeling slightly jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

A national paper has offered Cillian some writing work throughout the course of next year.
    Bet it was The Star

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

JamesJB wrote: »
    Well, if you ask me, personally:

1) I don't particularly care about getting my name around; not in my nature.
    2) I don't drink.

So yeah, I think I'd rather help people out. .

Ok then let me rephrase would you like money to buy food,clothing, a car & pay for college fees?:D

• Advertisement

Ok then let me rephrase would you like money to buy food,clothing, a car & pay for college fees?:D

Probably, but I still think that it's incorrect to assume that someone else will get an A from your notes. If they're misinformed enough to buy them, then it's probably their fault, but personally if it was me I would feel like I am deceiving people. Hence, I would prefer to help them for free (or to earn money in a mutually beneficial manner).

I see what you mean, though. I never faulted him for his initiative; I merely questioned the whole situation :cool:

Advertisement