Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"A Student" Selling His Notes On eBay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

€40 per subject?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

phasers wrote: »
    €40 per subject?!?
    Starting price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Enterprising bloke. Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

anyone who buys this is extremely stupid. notes alone won't do it for you. it's just like having another book in front of you. unless you write the notes out yourself and properly understand them, you're just fooling yourself if you buy these.

it's also piss poor preparation for college. you're not going to be able to buy notes in 3rd level. you're going to get a massive shock when you go to college, and have to fend for yourself.

but it's their loss, anyone buys them. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

whiteman19 wrote: »
    anyone who buys this is extremely stupid. notes alone won't do it for you. it's just like having another book in front of you. unless you write the notes out yourself and properly understand them, you're just fooling yourself if you buy these.

it's also piss poor preparation for college. you're not going to be able to buy notes in 3rd level. you're going to get a massive shock when you go to college, and have to fend for yourself.

Isn't that the whole point? So that extremely stupid people can do well/ I can't see the extremely smart ones buying these :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Hah whoever buys these and uses just them for their As' will surely be in for a shock come results day 2011.Thoe whole reason why notes are good is because you write them yourself and so you understand it an they stick in your head easier.It also makes it easier for revision cause you know where everything means and where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Smart chap, why wouldnt he sell them if people will buy them. Nice to have some money for freshers week :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

why doesnt he photocopy em and make several copies and sell em? lol.
    Seriously though, good on him for trying it. Most people throw their leaving cert notes in the trash, stick em in the attic or just give them away.
    Not really sure why its making headlines though. So what like? Theres far stranger stuff for sale on Ebay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Gardoggle

notes are of limited use anyway. I get A grades but cant read my own notes a couple of hours after the lecture. its better to make sure you get the relevant reading done, no-one can do your work for you, even if you pay them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Hell definitely get a bit of bob for them. It was mentioned on the radio, in the times, the indo and on boards, he couldnt have wished for better advertisment :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Was wondering how to get rid of my notes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

I'd buy them, not for over €20 tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

whiteman19 wrote: »

Exactly, you're much better off just writing out your own notes, in a way that YOU'LL understand them, not anyone else

I'll be interested to see if anyone buys haha

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Hmm..
    I think that notes are a personal thing, for instance if you're an individual who is a visual learner your notes will be filled with spider diagrams and colourful maps. For somebody who prefers lists of information spider diagrams would be unsuitable and a waste of their time unless they could completely alter their way of studying. What works for someone won't work in the same way for the next. If someone could find a universally successful method they would be a billionaire but it is unlikely that it exists. I inherited notes from others but I always had to alter them and write them out in a way that my brain liked to look at and could absorb the information.

I searched for them on ebay but couldn't find them, wonder what type of notes he used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Heres a Link for his maths notes

€11 p&p?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

He got bids on the irish, french and music notes anyways. Fair play :P

His description of the product is very persuasive but the price, not so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Do people get their money back if they don't get these "guaranteed As" he promises? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You gotta admire this chap, in a way!

I have loads of Accounting sample questions done out - I'll offer €30 :p

I'll probably just give the notes to some of my friends going into sixth year - I have no younger siblings and it would be a shame to waste them - although they aren't very good, I'm terrible at making notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

People are actually bidding! :eek:

A fool and his money tbh. Or four of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Must have been a slow day at the office, if this actually made the paper...

Who cares! lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Shows the flaws of the education system here in Ireland that you can learn it off and spit it out as opposed to students being rewarded for being enterprising and initiative.

Anyone think I can sell my institute notes online? Can give a similiar speech as yer man...they're the only reason I'm going to Trinity...etc:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

theowen wrote: »
    Anyone think I can sell my institute notes online? Can give a similiar speech as yer man...they're the only reason I'm going to Trinity...etc:rolleyes:

i think they are copyrighted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The head on him. He looks about 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Fair play to him tbh.

Still trying to figure out why Gary Redmond was quoted in the article.....

loike wrote: »
    i think they are copyrighted lol
    Sooooo...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

theowen wrote: »
    Sooooo...:rolleyes:
    It's called "illegal", Owen! :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Owen, you could give the institute notes to your friends for free - this wouldn't be illegal (afaik) and they would be glad of them, although I got a lend of some institute notes off one of my friends before and I didn't think much of them. Some swear by them though.

It's called "illegal", Owen! :P
    I know I know I know. It's just if I sell them on ebay say, what could they do really? I'd never try it on here of course...:D

• Advertisement

Owen, you could give the institute notes to your friends for free - this wouldn't be illegal (afaik) and they would be glad of them, although I got a lend of some institute notes off one of my friends before and I didn't think much of them. Some swear by them though.
    I'm the youngest of my friends, literally know no one doing the LC at the mo:rolleyes:

Advertisement