Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Registration

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Quick question,wondering if I missed it,but is there an Induction day for us entering directly into 2nd year of a course? Undergraduate shytle! Or do we just turn up for class on the twentieth? Also the timetable is well confusing, damn real college ;)
    You should get information of a brief induction with your course co-ordinator and whoever takes charge of second years on your course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭marzh007

Hi I got my welcome pack.I'm just wondering if I have to register online? I'll be in first year & I'm a bit confused.Help please.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

marzh007 wrote: »
    Hi I got my welcome pack.I'm just wondering if I have to register online? I'll be in first year & I'm a bit confused.Help please.

What the hell i still havnt got my welcome pack . . . this is a joke!!!
    I think u have to register online ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Nothing yet. To be expected of the DIT imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Quick question,wondering if I missed it,but is there an Induction day for us entering directly into 2nd year of a course? Undergraduate shytle! Or do we just turn up for class on the twentieth? Also the timetable is well confusing, damn real college ;)

We had two advanced entry students last year and they literally just turned up to the first class and then our first tutorial we did the whole meet and great thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 lorin1234567

madlad88 wrote: »
    What the hell i still havnt got my welcome pack . . . this is a joke!!!
    I think u have to register online ye

I didnt even know we were going to get one of these untill I read it here
    The post just came and what was in it
    :D The zebra print pack

• Registered Users Posts: 38 itzybitzyfitzy

I didnt even know we were going to get one of these untill I read it here
    The post just came and what was in it
    :D The zebra print pack
    I got mine today too!!
    Soooo happy!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

All good things come in.. errmm... zebra print packages :confused::eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

Chorcai wrote: »
    All good things come in.. errmm... zebra print packages :confused::eek::D
    Indeed . . . some buzz!

I got mine today too!!
    Soooo happy!!!!

so what do we have to do now? do we register online? or we wait til the 13?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Attention fellow Postgrads - I received an invite today by post to an information evening on the 15th i think, no other info regarding registration etc though!!
    Anyone get any different info on their letter? :confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

Mr Yellow wrote: »
    Attention fellow Postgrads - I received an invite today by post to an information evening on the 15th i think, no other info regarding registration etc though!!
    Anyone get any different info on their letter? :confused:

Yeah, I'm a postgrad and I got my registration letter today. It didn't say anything about an info evening - must be just for your course. All I got was my student email, password etc. Anyone else get their letter this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Ok registered (payed the €1,500) and got the pack and all the rest. Now when do I pay for my fees? I don't get free college so I need to get those sorted asap. But I can fins swa on the topic on the website. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 cmurphy24

Hi
    I'm supposed to be doing a post grad course but got no information regards registration or induction yet, any one else in this situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

@KidKeith89 - cheers man. Yea, the info evening is relevant to th epostgrad i will be doing!

@cmurphy24 - I shot off an email to registration.service@dit.ie to inquire about such details outlining I will be doing a postgrad. They replied stating a letter has been sent out....which i am still waiting for, probably sent yesterday or this morning.....hopefully! :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

cmurphy24 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm supposed to be doing a post grad course but got no information regards registration or induction yet, any one else in this situation?

I'm doing a masters and I got mine yesterday. But one of my friends who's also doing a masters got hers last week! So don't worry about it; they must be sending out one course at a time. The letter doesn't really provide a lot of info, it just gives you your student number, e-mail and pin, so you can register online. I didn't get any info on induction or student card collection. (The student card collection times are on the website.) You'll get yours soon I'm sure. If you don't get it by the end of the week I'd ring the registration/postgraduate admissions office and enquire about it.

gamblitis wrote: »
    Ok registered (payed the €1,500) and got the pack and all the rest. Now when do I pay for my fees? I don't get free college so I need to get those sorted asap. But I can fins swa on the topic on the website. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

are you an undregrad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

gamblitis wrote: »

I'm in a similar position and I rang registration today and they told me they'd send me a bill in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

This is the biggest joke!

I got an email yesterday (the 6th Sept!!!!) evening at 4pm, advising that the registration was on the 1st & 2nd of Sept...or alternatly 6th or 7th and I would have to pay my FULL fees (€1,300) on registration!

I rang the course co-ordinator, she said, no that's wrong, you can come in anytime, they'll give you an invoice and pay whenever...happy days!

So I rang the reg office to confirm, they said no way! You have to pay the fees and register at the same time. I told her I didn't have the kind of money hanging around and could I pay it the wk of the 20th, no she says, she's too busy then! We agreed a date.:rolleyes: I asked how should I pay it....by Credit card, I'm like, my card doesn't have that kind of limit:(, it's a student card! Can I pay cash....NO!!!!!

I don't even want to do it now, such pooines!:P A little more then 24 hours notice wouldn't have hurt!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

StinkySocs wrote: »
    Credit card, I'm like, my card doesn't have that kind of limit:(, it's a student card! Can I pay cash....NO!!!!

Bank Giro you can request it online

http://dit.ie/registration/requestservice/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I asked how should I pay it....by Credit card, I'm like, my card doesn't have that kind of limit:(, it's a student card! Can I pay cash....NO!!!!!

I

By that I take it you have a credit card but the limit is not that much?
    If you put the money on the card, your card will be in credit so you can put the payment through.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

My credit is €850 :eek:

I was trying to pay for car insurance before on it which was nearly a grand, but it wouldn't let me, AIB scum!!

Ya I'll get a draft or a grio, won't be too much more hassel

Oh the joys of going back to college.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

marzh007 wrote: »
    are you an undregrad?

Yeah but I've partially completed a degree previously. The Welcome talk today cleared up a lot of questions I had so I think I'm sorted. Cheers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

My credit is €850 :eek:

I was trying to pay for car insurance before on it which was nearly a grand, but it wouldn't let me, AIB scum!!

Ya I'll get a draft or a grio, won't be too much more hassel

Oh the joys of going back to college.....

If you have the cash you could try using your Laser/Maestro card like I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Crisps

The registration office in Kevin Street is also open on the 2nd of October (Saturday) from 10-12. I over heard one of the ladies yesterday evening saying that people could pay then too. Also I think you might be able to pay for each semester individually, which might lessen the blow.

DIT seem to be seriously unorganised this year. I got a letter from them stating how much each module would cost. However I never recieved any information about how many modules I would actually be completing each year, so I had no idea how much I would need to pay. Had to chase around for ages trying to find out the correct information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I have to collect my student card on the 23rd (going into second year), but don't classes start on the 20th?

Or will i start classes the following week?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Crisps

neil_18_ wrote: »
    I have to collect my student card on the 23rd (going into second year), but don't classes start on the 20th?

Or will i start classes the following week?:confused:

Classes start on the 20th alright. You don't actually need your student card to begin your classes so you'll be fine collecting it on the 23rd. Until then you'll just have to pay full rates for your cinema tickets.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Changel

Hey guys! how did you get your student id and pin for the web registration? I didn't get any letter or email for my student id and pin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Monksie

ID card collection on the 13th...do we need to bring a passport sized photo with us or will they take one??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

AFAIK, they take one. so look spiffy! :D

Advertisement