Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Great set of games there last night fellas f_ale.gif
    Chuffed to play something other than TDM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Was good craic alright. Games over pretty fast too :pac: :pac:

"Efficiency i tells ya!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Yea definitely. Sorry I left earlier but as I said then, I had to get the bus at 9.

So much fun with that Italian dude "teeeen minuutes and every kill is 100 points!". I messaged him saying "goodbye." after he rage quit, to which I got a reply "tell your mother I lost her number"... :p

Some really fast bomb plants aswell which was cool. Definitely feeling more Sabo next weekend, I'm fast growing tired of any TDM other than when we're in a party. (and Ade stealing all the kills!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Frame rate was ok when we were playing sabo , but when we switched to demo it was awful , thanks for carrying me :) , it took me a couple of games to adjust on how to kill :o.

The streak is still alive :p

edit: @ headshot , i put a vid in my filshare if you want to see me drop shotting:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

My w/l ratio broke 2 last night :D cheers boyos!

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Yea definitely. Sorry I left earlier but as I said then, I had to get the bus at 9.

So much fun with that Italian dude "teeeen minuutes and every kill is 100 points!". I messaged him saying "goodbye." after he rage quit, to which I got a reply "tell your mother I lost her number"... :p

Some really fast bomb plants aswell which was cool. Definitely feeling more Sabo next weekend, I'm fast growing tired of any TDM other than when we're in a party. (and Ade stealing all the kills!)

Haha, he said the same thing to me too. I couldn't quite hear him, what was he ranting on about for the most part? Us playing the objective?

Haha, he said the same thing to me too. I couldn't quite hear him, what was he ranting on about for the most part? Us playing the objective?

Yup. Cheek of us like. :eek:

I thought people only played Sabo (ignoring the objective) was because it was 20 minutes versus a TDM of up to 10 minutes. Now it's back to 10 mins so why bother?

Yup. Cheek of us like. :eek:

I thought people only played Sabo (ignoring the objective) was because it was 20 minutes versus a TDM of up to 10 minutes. Now it's back to 10 mins so why bother?

That's news to me :o:o:o :pac:

I did love those love Sabo matches where the objective was played though. It always got that bit more tense once your down to those final 5 minutes. I think the first time I set up a Sabo boards party, we played on Karachi and that literally went down to the final few seconds. Great craic.

I think that was the only time in a boards party it's ever gone above 10 minutes I reckon.

I mentioned it last night in Array I think.

Anywho, there was that one time in Wasteland *shudders*. In our defence though it was just you, me and JTC94 (although he doesn't play the objective) as the other 3 people had been kicked and it was just randomers in their place.

I mentioned it last night in Array I think.

Anywho, there was that one time in Wasteland *shudders*. In our defence though it was just you, me and JTC94 (although he doesn't play the objective) as the other 3 people had been kicked and it was just randomers in their place.

Bit hazy on that one.

I was absolute garbage on Wasteland in MW2 and COD2, so I try to block it all out :pac: Anytime I got a chopper gunner or even AC130 on that map it was shot down in seconds . In general my CG's and AC's were shot down much quicker than anyone else from here. Racism :mad:

• Advertisement

Anyone on tonight about half ten , i want to beat my w/l streak (25) currently 20.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I'll possibly be on. must add some of you guys as generally I end up playing on my todd most evenings

Shammy wrote: »
    Anyone on tonight about half ten , i want to beat my w/l streak (25) currently 20.

Possibly.

FIFA Club might call, we are like undefeated in 50 games now :D Half dozen draws only.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,864 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn sorry 4 the sudden bail, the electricity is gone. ****

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shammy wrote: »
    This game is just too frustrating on the ps3 , frame rate wasnt too bad tonight .....damn freeze :mad:

Let me know when a patch comes out :)

http://www.ps3blog.net/tag/cod-black-ops/
    In the Call of Duty forums yesterday (12/3/10), a community update was released. It details what’s to come with the next patch.

There is a mention of patch 1.04 going into Phase 3 testing on Monday 12/6. This means the patch is going to console manufacturers for approval. According to Josh Olin’s Patching Process Post, there is a minimum 1 week waiting period for Phase 3, and an additional 2-3 days before it’s released. So by my math, we’re looking at around December 15th for 1.04 to go live.
    Here is a full list of things to come with patch 1.04:

IN PROGRESS
    Patch 1.04 is nearing the end of Phase 2 testing. Going into Phase 3 submissions on 12/6.

Issues Addressed:
    • Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.

• Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.

• Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.

• Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.

• Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.

• Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.

• Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.

• Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.

• Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.

• Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.

• Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.

• Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.

• Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.

• Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
    • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.

• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.

• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.

• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.

• Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.

• Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.

• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Sorry I had to bail lads, exam in the morn, Some good games 2nite when we all got into a lobby. 80 Winstreak :D

iMuse wrote: »
    Sorry I had to bail lads, exam in the morn, Some good games 2nite when we all got into a lobby. 80 Winstreak :D

Good fun alright! Goodluck in exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

Thank f**k for that

If the patch doesnt fix the frame rate which is my main problem , i cant see myself playing it on the ps3 again.

If anyone has COD4 and wants a few games, add us.

• Advertisement

Three "broadband" my hole. .

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Three "broadband" my hole. .

Get COD4, eh that'll fix everything :D

Get COD4, eh that'll fix everything :D

If I knew it was good I would buy it. If other boardsies would play it too that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

If anyone has COD4 and wants a few games, add us.

Id be up for a game some evenin. Ill message ya if im on.

How mould would it be roughly? Either that or I'll steal it from a mate at the weekend, Ade's hyping it up in every rant about Mw2 and BO :D

How mould would it be roughly? Either that or I'll steal it from a mate at the weekend, Ade's hyping it up in every rant about Mw2 and BO :D

Best period of online gaming was playing COD4. I played it constantly from 2007 to the beginning of 2010(!), so yeah I adore it.. over 35 days played proves that :pac:

20-30 euros for the GOTY edition, I'm fairly sure. You get 4 extra maps with that. All 4 are fairly awesome DLC maps too. Broadcast and Chinatown especially are a couple of the best maps in the COD series IMO.

Sure this get a 2nd hand copy or your mates like you said.

Don't get me wrong, there a few annoying aspects - martydom, last stand and juggernaut are perks. But overall I just found it much more fun. Perhaps age is getting to me with regards to enjoying my gaming too oldveloc.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Defo can see what your saying about the age thing Ade, games just dont appeal to me anymore as much as they used too. I couldnt sleep a week before GTA vice city and San Andreas I was that excited about them coming out. GTA 3 was the first game to blow me away on ps2 and Cod4 did the same on ps3 with the online. Just dont think it will be matched again it was that good, made look even better by how rubbish W@W was.

Id be up for a few games some night 2, never trading that game in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

CoD4 is king.

We'll get a COD4 sesh going sometime in the next few days lads if your're all up for it :)

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    CoD4 is king.

This comment gets a mod...

seal-of-approval.jpg

Advertisement