Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Tbh I'm not sure how to engage that map (first part of Rush especially!) and what route to take (Conquest is better for sure), in saying that, I had an excellent game with yourself or Ste yesterday the day before. Was like 15-1 with 4 plants or something like that.

Ah man we were all dominating that time!! We were really kicking ass.. In 2 games my score was literally double anyone else coz I managed to get 6 plants and destroys in 2 different matches!! :D sometimes the game just works for you and then other times you just cant get a break!!

Attacking is so much more fun than defending coz you really have to try break through the enemy lines!! That's were the spawn beacon becomes a beast!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

hypermuse wrote: »
    Ah man we were all dominating that time!! We were really kicking ass.. In 2 games my score was literally double anyone else coz I managed to get 6 plants and destroys in 2 different matches!! :D sometimes the game just works for you and then other times you just cant get a break!!

Attacking is so much more fun than defending coz you really have to try break through the enemy lines!! That's were the spawn beacon becomes a beast!!

Spawn beacon is damn handy. I'm certainly an exponent of it especially in Rush.

Kinda getting my head around actual defending again. Haven't played anything near as tactical since Rainbow Six Vegas and Ghost Recon 2 so many years ago now! Originally I was played defence like say crappy Demolition in COD where you'd rush and more often than not and unintentionally spawn trap the enemy. Just how it goes usually from my POV anyway. Now say in Caspian Border I'm usually around the clifftop flag and I run around there just scouting more or less, if a nearby flag - gas station, forest and obviously hill top get capped, I'm usually the first round there winning it back. Hence my back to back near flawless scores (again, I ****ing love those mines, 9/10 times a double kill. IF only C4 was of any real use vs tanks when you try and rush them).

Spawn beacon is damn handy. I'm certainly an exponent of it especially in Rush.

Kinda getting my head around actual defending again. Haven't played anything near as tactical since Rainbow Six Vegas and Ghost Recon 2 so many years ago now! Originally I was played defence like say crappy Demolition in COD where you'd rush and more often than not and unintentionally spawn trap the enemy. Just how it goes usually from my POV anyway. Now say in Caspian Border I'm usually around the clifftop flag and I run around there just scouting more or less, if a nearby flag - gas station, forest and obviously hill top get capped, I'm usually the first round there winning it back. Hence my back to back near flawless scores (again, I ****ing love those mines, 9/10 times a double kill. IF only C4 was of any real use vs tanks when you try and rush them).

I think the engineer is a little overpowered in this game.. with rocket launchers and powerful guns plus AT-mines they really are the multipurpose class to use.. and kills can rack up quick! But they also somewhat redundant if you dont have a support/medic in you squad!!

I think the engineer is a little overpowered in this game.. with rocket launchers and powerful guns plus AT-mines they really are the multipurpose class to use.. and kills can rack up quick! But they also somewhat redundant if you dont have a support/medic in you squad!!

Ah, wouldn't say it's overpowered mate. It has it's purpose as do all the classes.
    Most people are obsessed with vehicles and thus deserve to be punished (like me in jets <_<) :D

Randomers are ****ing horrid as medics though. The amount of people I revive and throw medic kits while leaving it in frequent passing areas for our team but when you need some help yourself .... the swines take off without giving any notice more often than not :rolleyes:

Ah, wouldn't say it's overpowered mate. It has it's purpose as do all the classes.
    Most people are obsessed with vehicles and thus deserve to be punished (like me in jets <_<) :D

Randomers are ****ing horrid as medics though. The amount of people I revive and throw medic kits while leaving it in frequent passing areas for our team but when you need some help yourself .... the swines take off without giving any notice more often than not :rolleyes:

dont get me started on people who dont drop any packs.. so frustrating!!

I'm not mad on the vehicles!! I do like them but prefer to run about on foot trying to take them out!!

I can fly the jets no prob but cant take anything out.. flown a good few times now and still have 0 points!! granted my flying skills aint the best but still.. finding it difficult to get off the mark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

dont get me started on people who dont drop any packs.. so frustrating!!

I'm not mad on the vehicles!! I do like them but prefer to run about on foot trying to take them out!!

I can fly the jets no prob but cant take anything out.. flown a good few times now and still have 0 points!! granted my flying skills aint the best but still.. finding it difficult to get off the mark!

Your tags are mine now:cool:

Ive been having fun with battlefield. Mostly playing on my own so I dont expect much help but the odd time you get a good squad it can be great fun. Likin the vehicles too, I do ok in the tanks and gettin better at flying. Got my first confirmed kill with the jet the other day instead of just disabling the vehicle and they bail.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Your tags are mine now:cool:

I'm gonna hunt you down, take your dogtags, melt them down into bullets n shoot your dead face with them!! :)

COD should just steal Caspian Border from BF if possible :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

So who on PS is buying Mw3 tonight? All night session? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

No work for me tomorrow.Ah the advantages of a messed up sleep pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Leeg17 wrote: »

Probally getting it in the post tomorrow. Theres no way I'd be staying up all night to play

Soby wrote: »
    No work for me tomorrow.Ah the advantages of a messed up sleep pattern.

Good stuff. Taking day off myself :)

pick it up end of the week maybe.. not that fussed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I got up at a ridiculous time today so if I get it I'll probably be on for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I won't be gettin it till Thursday, so I won't be on tonight.. Sister was supposed to keep money for me but went an spent it so now I have to wait... Grrrrr..

On a side note, the guy I asked to fix my puncture last night is an absolute gob****e.

Took the wheel, said it needed somethin special to fix it, an didn't come back to the job, so I was left in work with one wheel on the bike, an waiting on someone hopefully comin to collect me,, thank fully he did..

Never been so pissed off in my life..

I realise this should be in the ott but I only copped on now an I ain't typing it all out again on me phone,

I'm gonna hunt you down, take your dogtags, melt them down into bullets n shoot your dead face with them!! :)

Bit harsh.

What a game me and Remi had just there on Tehran Valley. Awesome stuff :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Will be on for a while to give black ops a last send off if anyone is on

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Playin mw2 but could switch to blops

What a game me and Remi had just there on Tehran Valley. Awesome stuff :D

Was that the one i parked the tank at the bomb and got around 9 kills. idiots poured out to try defuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

To the ****ers who are off tomorrow, i hate you :p. Should be getting it about 4ish tomorrow so i shall be on then , pity the hardened edition is sold out everywhere, will be hard pushed to get that elite thingy

ps Perrin , you on the Skpye

Kenno90 wrote: »
    To the ****ers who are off tomorrow, i hate you :p. Should be getting it about 4ish tomorrow so i shall be on then , pity the hardened edition is sold out everywhere, will be hard pushed to get that elite thingy

You can get elite seperate from the hardened edition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

No but its on my to do list

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sssssiiiiimon

Hey peeps if you guys are short on numbers tonight send me an invite. Cheers

Sssssiiiiimon

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

username is DaithiO if anyone wants a game of MW3 a little later on ps3

You can get elite seperate from the hardened edition.

I meant i'd be hard pushed to pay for it separately , Anyone else getting it ??

Welcome Sssssiiiiimon and DaithiO, will send you pair an invite later, where kinda lazy in adding people but if you look at the first post there are is a list of about 15 regulars, just send them an request saying from boards and you're in ;)

I meant i'd be hard pushed to pay for it separately , Anyone else getting it ??

I'm still not 100% sure I'll get it, as you said, not overly bothered for it though I see the benefit of having it.

Kells said he isn't getting it.

I'm still not 100% sure I'll get it, as you said, not overly bothered for it though I see the benefit of having it.

Kells said he isn't getting it.

Well the whole point of it is to gather people for good teams , but sure we've got a pretty good on as is :pac:

Is the theater mode on that elite or just the same as blops

Well the whole point of it is to gather people for good teams , but sure we've got a pretty good on as is :pac:

It's on free elite (HD), but you get more slots (10 I think) and from what I remember longer recording times of up to 1 minute.

I'm getting it one of the days solely because it's cheaper than buying the maps seperately.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't have a notion mate. One of the lads here I'm sure will answer it. Haven't been following MW3 as much as you'd think tbh.

The appealing thing about it is paying for the maps in one go and being able to take part in competitions and what not, as well as theater mode I guess. Other than that........ stats. Meh.

I'll probably pick it up at some point. Atm, there is no rush of buying it now IMHO.

Advertisement