Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Can you check it on a friends phone using the same sim card?

Then you would definetly know weather its O2 or the phone.

Actually I just got to try out a Lumia 800 with an O2 sim card in there; exact same issue. The internet is working fine for TuneIn radio etc, and Mixtapes (and the other 2 8tracks.com apps) stream through WiFi fine, but it's the streaming off O2 that's failing. So it is absolutely definitely an O2 + WP7 issue. Which is mighty odd? Are they blocking a little-used port or protocol or something? The O2 rep over in Talk to O2 is looking into it for me which is mighty decent of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just got my new HTC Radar,very happy with it after a long time with andriod phones its a nice change.
    Only slight niggle is the phone update proccess is very slow so losw infact i thought the whole proccess had frozen a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dcully wrote: »
    Just got my new HTC Radar,very happy with it after a long time with andriod phones its a nice change.
    Only slight niggle is the phone update proccess is very slow so losw infact i thought the whole proccess had frozen a few times.

Update isnt slow :) Back up usually is. Even if theres feck all stuff on the phone it tends to take ages for some reason

Update isnt slow :) Back up usually is. Even if theres feck all stuff on the phone it tends to take ages for some reason

Ah yes its more than likely the back up, since i just got the phone and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

Nokia 800 & 710 coming to O2 on 1st March, http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/lumia-detail.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

Actually I just got to try out a Lumia 800 with an O2 sim card in there; exact same issue. The internet is working fine for TuneIn radio etc, and Mixtapes (and the other 2 8tracks.com apps) stream through WiFi fine, but it's the streaming off O2 that's failing. So it is absolutely definitely an O2 + WP7 issue. Which is mighty odd? Are they blocking a little-used port or protocol or something? The O2 rep over in Talk to O2 is looking into it for me which is mighty decent of them.

Had the same problem with Tunein on my phone only lasts for 45 secs on data, fine on wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

simi956 wrote: »
    Nokia 800 & 710 coming to O2 on 1st March, http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/lumia-detail.php

Nokia 800 & 710 coming to Meteor on the 1st of March as well. Looks like the are getting the white Lumia 800 as an exclusive.

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Nokia/Nokia-Lumia-Coming-To-Meteor/m-p/27293#M233

Had the same problem with Tunein on my phone only lasts for 45 secs on data, fine on wifi

Just tried it myself on my phone on meteor. TuneIn seems to work fine over data. Maybe its o2?

Just tried it myself on my phone on meteor. TuneIn seems to work fine over data. Maybe its o2?

Both are working fine with 3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Both are working fine with 3 too.

There's no problem at all with TuneIn radio over data. It's just 8tracks apps that fail 100% over data, which is why it's so weird. Confirmed happening now on a HD7 and a Lumia 800, both on O2 (different sims).

I'll wait to hear back from O2 to see what they think, maybe they can replicate it at their end.

• Advertisement

There's no problem at all with TuneIn radio over data. It's just 8tracks apps that fail 100% over data, which is why it's so weird. Confirmed happening now on a HD7 and a Lumia 800, both on O2 (different sims).

I'll wait to hear back from O2 to see what they think, maybe they can replicate it at their end.

OK downloaded 8 tracks too. Works fine again. HTC Titan on Meteor.

8 Tracks is quite a nice app too i must say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

DjFlin wrote: »
    BusFinder is out.

Its a good start...

...Needs a bit of work though...

...Needs a bit of work though...

Its ok :) Think the colour scheme and pics are a bit over the top. But no bad. Quite good performance just if he could remove the clutter from the screen and make a panorama app instead would be alot more nicer.

All you really need is three pages, Route List + Seach, Favorites, built in map with surrounding bus stops laid out

Bit of colour is nice. Plenty of apps out there that are coloured in and still able to follow metro guidelines ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Its ok :) Think the colour scheme and pics are a bit over the top. But no bad. Quite good performance just if he could remove the clutter from the screen and make a panorama app instead would be alot more nicer.

All you really need is three pages, Route List + Seach, Favorites, built in map with surrounding bus stops laid out

Bit of colour is nice. Plenty of apps out there that are coloured in and still able to follow metro guidelines ;)

I agree, you need to take out most of the fluff. A lot of developers don't realise how important sticking to metro is. While it make look "Samey" you will notice that the most successful apps are the ones that embrace metro to the fullest. Get rid of all the graphics and trim it down to what people want, the data, and I bet you will be on to a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Just to let you all know, if you are using Sendu SMS..

There will be an intrim update to fix the back button issue as well as making preparations for an updated UI, this will be given to MS to test on Sunday night and usually takes about 5 working days from there.. The UI change is a bit further along in terms of time but I think I have incorperated most of the features people have been asking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Could someone else on Vodafone try to load touch.vodafone.ie on their WP7?

I just get a constant loading screen on my Lumia.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Could someone else on Vodafone try to load touch.vodafone.ie on their WP7?

I just get a constant loading screen on my Lumia.

same here:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

same here:(

Same here and i'm on meteor.

Ok so i came across a xap on XDA :)

Something really handy :) It will allow ya to Access OEM Marketplaces.

Now not all OEM apps will work. But some will so if you wanna find out or need some apps this is your chance :)

Nokia drive doesnt work on my Titan :) But Nokia Maps does (though ive lost hope, google maps is the only mapping service that acknowledges that my housing estate exists) :) and it has a good POI directory :) Im happy now :) WRC Live app is really cool :) wouldnt bother with app highlights.

Ok last heads up for folks with dev unlocked phones.

Remember that cool feature where Zune would download artists covers and put them in the zune library? Yeah well now you can :) with this app http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1377210

You can manually add all the artists to the library :) Ive just done all of mine and it looks awesome :) constant change for backgrounds and images for the lockscreen when music playing :)

Just one downside to that is that it creates dummy tracks for the artists cover flow if you delete the tracks you will retain your artists cover flow but get rid of the tracks :)

Screen%20Capture%20(1).jpg?psid=1Screen%20Capture%20(2).jpg?psid=1Screen%20Capture%20(3).jpg?psid=1

Got my artist cover going to the full anyway :) phone looks more alive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

The Vodafone site doesn't work for me either, but I also get the loading screen on my computer as well - which is also running Internet Explorer 9. So maybe it's a problem with their website...?

The Vodafone site doesn't work for me either, but I also get the loading screen on my computer as well - which is also running Internet Explorer 9. So maybe it's a problem with their website...?

I think they just dont have the support in there for mobile IE9. If you try it on likes of Chrome it work. It seems to run fine on IE9 on my pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Ok so i came across a xap on XDA :)

Something really handy :) It will allow ya to Access OEM Marketplaces.

Now not all OEM apps will work. But some will so if you wanna find out or need some apps this is your chance :)

Nokia drive doesnt work on my Titan :) But Nokia Maps does (though ive lost hope, google maps is the only mapping service that acknowledges that my housing estate exists) :) and it has a good POI directory :) Im happy now :) WRC Live app is really cool :) wouldnt bother with app highlights.

Thanks for that link. Managed to unlock my phone using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=974874 and gained access to the nokia marketplace :D

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Thanks for that link. Managed to unlock my phone using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=974874 and gained access to the nokia marketplace :D

Well atleast you have a way of unlocking your phone :) My Dev licence will expire at the end of the summer :( hopefully chevron team will get more tokens :(

or maybe ill learn how to write apps during the summer and maybe have a crack at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I downloaded bus finder and can't find it? Every other app appears in the menu, but not this one. It's not on a livetile either and I went back into it and it does say already purchased. Am I missing something obvious here? Lumia 800.

I downloaded bus finder and can't find it? Every other app appears in the menu, but not this one. It's not on a livetile either and I went back into it and it does say already purchased. Am I missing something obvious here? Lumia 800.

When you go into the app in the marketplace does it give ya the options to try and buy or is there only a box at the bottom to share. If it only says share you have it installed. If it has try or buy buttons that means you probably purchased but it didn't install. Just click buy again and it will reinstall it.

Try using the search in the app list and see if it finds it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

No when I go back into it I can't buy it, it just says cancel and then that I've already purchased it. Searched my apps and it doesn't show up. Just a malfunction? Damn annoying as I was really waiting for an app like that. Who would I send feedback to that I didn't get it- the makers of the app?

No when I go back into it I can't buy it, it just says cancel and then that I've already purchased it. Searched my apps and it doesn't show up. Just a malfunction? Damn annoying as I was really waiting for an app like that. Who would I send feedback to that I didn't get it- the makers of the app?

Can you not cancel it and try again. I mean once you buy an app you buy an app. You can redownload it as many times as you want :) Don't be afraid to mess around.

Devs email. Bit I doubt he will be able to do anything help.net@gmail.com

• Advertisement

So a week with my new WP im pretty sure ill never go back to andriod or ios phones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement