Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dont worry i believed it too :) even opened up the host file and all :D till i noticed the comments below and then clicked on the how to on youtube :)

:D:D

On another topic

I was a bit annoyed that i couldnt multiple times paste the same copied text. So only found out how to do it here ;) And its actually the best way to do it :D so simple and clever and clean :)

http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/how-to-multiple-times-paste-in-windows-phone-7-video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I was a bit annoyed that i couldnt multiple times paste the same copied text. So only found out how to do it here ;) And its actually the best way to do it :D so simple and clever and clean :)

Sir, I love you. That was bugging the hell out of me.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Sir, I love you. That was bugging the hell out of me.

Hey sharing is caring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    Another easier way to get the NoDo update from the guys at XDA

Just did it there and worked first time, LG on Vodafone...still branded

+1

Took me two tries.

I had to unplug my modem almost as soon as i clicked update.

Any one else having problems with the marketplace? Keeps giving me an error :'(

• Advertisement

No issues here evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I've been outages on Meteor all day, maybe that's what's happening to you?

When I was going into the game section just kept giving me an error :S
    Ok now though. Maybe it was meteor then

Got my gelaskin skin for the phone yesterday :) fairly good i have to say. Everything fits and it seems to be a very solid material :)

153768.JPG

Got my gelaskin skin for the phone yesterday :) fairly good i have to say. Everything fits and it seems to be a very solid material :)

Where did you order it from evolution?

I ordered a silicone case from China and it still has not arrived.

Your one looks the business!

• Advertisement

I got it from www.GelaSkins.com

They do vynil skins for nearly everything.

Think i paid 12$ for the skin + something for delivery from USA. Took two weeks to get here exactly :) You can get express service if your in a rush though.

Protects the phone from scratches and makes the phone grippy :) and i dont need the bulky case anymore that adds thickness :)

I was looking for something like that but on most forums people posted they were mostly offset somewhere. This one is a perfect fit. Its very flexible so have to strech it out at parts but it looks the job though.

You can also make your own skins :) Was the reason why i ordered it in the first place :)

I got it from www.GelaSkins.com

Thanks for that man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Undead wrote: »

Ok scratch that, my Omnia 7 is going quite slow and jumpy since I forced NoDo.. Anyone know if Meteor have officially released it themselves?

Think I'll backup and reset my phone, then wait for the official release.

Undead wrote: »
    Ok scratch that, my Omnia 7 is going quite slow and jumpy since I forced NoDo.. Anyone know if Meteor have officially released it themselves? Think I'll backup and reset my phone, then wait for the official release.

I got it on my Meteor/Omnia 7 last week without any schenanigans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not on Meteor yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Should be. The Where's my phone update site lists Meteor as "Delivering update".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I tried it about an hour ago and it said it was up to date and I have the pre-NoDo installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

It's downloading and installing now folks!

Supermonkey ball is in the marketplace. Monopoly is the deal of the week

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na44-qBtY8M&feature=player_embedded#at=54

HD7 spotted running Android. Might be a relief to some :)

If this is true that means better news for those who want to stick with with windows.

Because to get Android running you would need to get past the bootloader. If we get access to the bootloader we get access to the whole OS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I just got the update but how do I get back the 5gb of space it wanted to use on my C drive?

Not that it matters stupid O2 sim stopped working today says it's invalid. I was hoping the update would do something to fix it.

Multi Tasking Might be Closer than we think :)

Excellent stuff! :D I doubt we'll see it for another 4-5 months but it's good to know proper multitasking is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm just wondering if anyone with a HD7 has experienced problems with their SIM card? The one in my phone seems to be dying a slow death. I have to repeatedly take the SIM card out and restart the phone to get it to be recognised. I'll be heading into the O2 shop on Saturday morning to replace the SIM card but I'm just curious if it could be a problem with the phone instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Malice wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone with a HD7 has experienced problems with their SIM card? The one in my phone seems to be dying a slow death. I have to repeatedly take the SIM card out and restart the phone to get it to be recognised. I'll be heading into the O2 shop on Saturday morning to replace the SIM card but I'm just curious if it could be a problem with the phone instead.
    Yes! Sim invalid yesterday, have been without a phone since, O2. Just happened out of the blue it didn't gradually get worse it just stopped working.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Am I the only person who thinks WP7 is starting to sound a bit like windows 95...basically trying to give the illusion that it does things but not really doing them? The long wait for stuff like multi tasking is making me wonder if I'd ever migrate to WP7 when my current phone has had this sort of functionality for well over a year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Just got myself an Omnia 7 today! I had an iPhone for the past month but I'm sending it back for repair. I'll be testing the Omnia 7 for the next 2 weeks until i get the iphone back and i'll see which one i'll be keeping.

Love the screen on the Omnia but the bloody search button is wrecking my head!

Gonna stick with the iPhone, Omnia hasn't impressed me at all.

iPhone seems to be far better all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Bambi wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thinks WP7 is starting to sound a bit like windows 95...basically trying to give the illusion that it does things but not really doing them? The long wait for stuff like multi tasking is making me wonder if I'd ever migrate to WP7 when my current phone has had this sort of functionality for well over a year :confused:

Yes and it took Apple 4 full iterations of its IOS to introduce multi-tasking. No one is forcing you to migrate to WP7. I have moved to WP7 from iPhone and have used the Android and will never move back. Multi-tasking or no multi-tasking its the best phone I have ever used. But again thats just my opinion and everyones opinion is different.

I am more interested in IE9 with built in Flash support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement