Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

luketitz wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I got EJ, but couldn't find AC listed as free, still listed as 4.99 on my phone. Am I missing something or has it changed?

It wasn't in xbox live -> free for me but when I searched for it, it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

GarIT wrote: »
    It wasn't in xbox live -> free for me but when I searched for it, it was free.

Cheers, tried that, still €4.99 in the marketplace search results! Not to worry sure I doubt I'd even play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Anyone know how to change the currency in marketplace?? Mines in sterling :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dunny wrote: »
    Anyone know how to change the currency in marketplace?? Mines in sterling :/

You signed up with your location set as UK.

Go to this address https://live.xbox.com/en-IE/AccountMigration and you can change it to Ireland and then you will get euro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Sorted, thanks.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Has anyone on Meteor got the (LG) update ?

Nothing here yet - just curious, doesn't bother me too much tbh

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Has anyone on Meteor got the (LG) update ?

Nothing here yet - just curious, doesn't bother me too much tbh

I flashed my phone to the Open rom (was vodafone Ireland branded) and got it when it was first available.

There also is a trick to force the update to happen via zune. Google it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Got an alert last night that a new update was available 7.10.8860.142

Just installing it now, hopefully it will cure the problems I have been experiencing on my Optimus 7 since upgrading to 7.8

Will test it out for a day or so and report back.

[Edit] Not looking good, if anything I have more problems now, I updated any apps that had updates available, RTE radio app still has the same problems it fetches play list and goes to start the stream but the counter remains at 00:00 and nothing plays. TuneIn plays streams but after random lengths of time it drops out to a high pitched buzz which can only be stopped by switching off the phone. Also if I start the TuneIn stream without headphones plugged in and then I plug in the headphones the phone powers itself off. I'm pretty sure the phone turned down the volume to zero by itself. The Mix Megapol radio app is working now which wasn't before and hasn't dropped out yet. It did give an error message saying the stream couldn't start about 10 seconds after the stream had already started!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Is it possible for me to roll back my LG Optimus 7 to WP7.5?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Just got an update for viber saying i can now use it for calls not just massages any body else get it and tried it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Seems my optimus 7 is lacing up it's shoes to kick the bucket right now :(

Bloody thing doesn't want to charge above about 40% if I can even get it to charge at all. Has anyone seen this before and fixed it or should I just be praying for another bargain alert? Are there any decent value wp8 phones on the market?

Bloody thing doesn't want to charge above about 40% if I can even get it to charge at all. Has anyone seen this before and fixed it or should I just be praying for another bargain alert? Are there any decent value wp8 phones on the market?

You missed the lumia. Their still cheap in amazon.
    Otherwise lumia 620 is Ok

You missed the lumia. Their still cheap in amazon.
    Otherwise lumia 620 is Ok

is the HTC 8S any good? I'm seeing them for about €200 around the place, and they're a decent mix of size, looks and specs for that money. No signs of life from my phone this morning, seems to be utterly dead now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Main complaint about the HTC 8S seems to be the lack of internal memory. I don;t know anything about it, but I've seen that mentioned a few times.
    MAJOR DISADVANTAGE OF HTC 8S:

It has only 4 GB internal memory. It has card slot so people will say, does it even matter? It does. WP 8 stores all games and apps ONLY on internal memory and by no way you can move it to SD card. Out of 4GB, only 1.6 GB is user available and that is barely sufficient for HD games, let alone apps. Lumia 620 has 8 GB internal memory with 5.6 GB user available. More than thrice of 8S.

http://www.flipkart.com/htc-8s/p/itmdgapnhwgz8zew

BostonB wrote: »
    Main complaint about the HTC 8S seems to be the lack of internal memory. I don;t know anything about it, but I've seen that mentioned a few times.

I can probably live with that tbh. I only use about six apps on wp7 anyway, and the largest of them is only about 5mb. Only issue I might have is I don't know if metrotube dumps preloaded videos to the memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I've got the 8S.

Aside from the memory issue (Which is a WP8 issue more so than just a HTC one) its grand. Battery is amazing on it. I get two full days out of it with fairly heavy usage. Its a good budget phone to get. Nice size too, not too big, not too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Just to be aware of it. Its a problem on Android too with phones with low ram. Some apps can't be moved to the SD card. I thought WP used a unified memory space. Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

BostonB wrote: »
    I thought WP used a unified memory space. Obviously not.

It did on Wp7.5, the SD card (although not technically removable) was part of the unified storage space. However it was formatted in a protected/secure mode and you couldn't read it outside of the phone.

The new system is possibly using normal formatted SD cards so for piracy reasons isn't unified with main memory.

TBi wrote: »
    It did on Wp7.5, the SD card (although not technically removable) was part of the unified storage space. However it was formatted in a protected/secure mode and you couldn't read it outside of the phone.

The new system is possibly using normal formatted SD cards so for piracy reasons isn't unified with main memory.

I doubt it's piracy reasons. You can actually download xap files from windows phone.com and install them through the sd card I presume

I doubt they can make it stable enough for apps. Some SD cards can underperform.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

Why not try replacing the battery first (unless or course you're itching to upgrade to WP8?) - from €7 or so on ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I doubt it's piracy reasons. You can actually download xap files from windows phone.com and install them through the sd card I presume

I doubt they can make it stable enough for apps. Some SD cards can underperform.

SD cards were used as the main storage for my trophy. I don't have a WP8 so don't know either way. Could be piracy, could be a marketing ploy to get you to buy a more expensive phone.

pumbah wrote: »
    Why not try replacing the battery first (unless or course you're itching to upgrade to WP8?) - from €7 or so on ebay

part of the issue seems to be in the "socket" for the usb connection. if it jiggles out by even a micron it just will not charge so it has become silly hard to get it to even start charging. I have tried other cables and plugs, the phone seems to just be on its way out.

Besides, I've already ordered the 8s >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

just getting the 7.8 updates on my vodafone htc titan via zune now.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Hi,
    I uploaded some college videos FLV format to the skydrive. Does anyone know how to view these videos on the phone.

I have the flash video app on the phone , but cant seem to copy the flv files to a folder where the flash video player can see them.

cuppa wrote: »
    Hi,
    I uploaded some college videos FLV format to the skydrive. Does anyone know how to view these videos on the phone.

I have the flash video app on the phone , but cant seem to copy the flv files to a folder where the flash video player can see them.

Why don't had just upload the videos to YouTube and watch them from there, or even better get a PC app that converts flv to mp4 and use zine to sync them to your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

ok ill try convert in vlc player, but still have no idea how to use zune after 2 years :)

cuppa wrote: »
    ok ill try convert in vlc player, but still have no idea how to use zune after 2 years :)

Just make sure the videos are in my videos section. I upload all my videos on YouTube. I can access them any time on any device. Don't have to worry about formats and stuff like that. There are apps in the marketplace that can download you tube videos. So one uploaded to YouTube toy could use the app to download them and view them offline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

If I buy apps can I setup my account to the use phone credit and not a credit card linked to my hotmail account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

If I buy apps can I setup my account to the use phone credit and not a credit card linked to my hotmail account?

AFAIK, you have to use a card linked to your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Unfortunately no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement