Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

wilser wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to print photos from a wp7 phone?
    Just wondering will the phone connect to the kodak machines in Boots/Harvey normans and print from them... Thanks

I haven't been able to, you need to be able to send photos via bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

wilser wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to print photos from a wp7 phone?
    Just wondering will the phone connect to the kodak machines in Boots/Harvey normans and print from them... Thanks

Nope, sync them to a PC and stick it on a USB Stick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Nope, sync them to a PC and stick it on a USB Stick

Will do, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

A friend is looking for a Windows Phone, doesnt really care for the high end ones.

Any ideas where they could pick up a Lumia 710 or the like for a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

DjFlin wrote: »
    A friend is looking for a Windows Phone, doesnt really care for the high end ones.

Any ideas where they could pick up a Lumia 710 or the like for a good price?

What about a HTC Radar? Great Windows Phone, there are a few on adverts at reasonable prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

dnme wrote: »
    What about a HTC Radar? Great Windows Phone, there are a few on adverts at reasonable prices.

I'd get a Lumia. The free Nokia extras are much better than what HTC offer, plus IMO better build quality and their clearblack screens are very good in sunlight.

Try Amazon.de?

Radar is a nice handset. Just its screen is horrible to todays standards. 710 beats it easily. Omnia M is a good one too, bit more pricey though.

Though Nokia will be the only worthy OEM to stay with post 7.8 update cause it will still bring out apps to give new features that aren't coming with the windows phone 8 update

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Vodafone are doing the 610 for 129 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

snaps wrote: »

Doesn't seem like Vodafone wants to sell the handset though. On-line purchase mechanism just for this particular deal is not functional meaning you can only get one in store - without the Jabra kit. Shame.

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    snaps wrote: »

Doesn't seem like Vodafone wants to sell the handset though. On-line purchase mechanism just for this particular deal is not functional meaning you can only get one in store - without the Jabra kit. Shame.

I think the Jabra kit is only for bill pay sign ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It just wouldn't make sense to give away a 100 euros worth hands free with a phone that costs 130 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

http://pocketnow.com/2012/10/03/nokia-lumia-510-pic-video/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#!prettyPhoto

Some leaked pics of the Lumia 510. I still think there's more to 7.8 than Microsoft is letting out, otherwise why would you release a non upgradable phone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really fed up with the fact i cannot watch streams with my HTC Radar WP.
    Its the only thing i hate about it and making me consider going back to android since i still have my old HTC Desire although its screen is cracked.

Dcully wrote: »
    Really fed up with the fact i cannot watch streams with my HTC Radar WP.
    Its the only thing i hate about it and making me consider going back to android since i still have my old HTC Desire although its screen is cracked.

What's streams?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

Do viber and whatsapp work ok for others? I have an omnia 7, boyfriend has a lumia 800 but we cant seem to see each other using either viber or whatsapp. Although i successfully contacted another friend with a galaxy who came up in my contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

you can only use viber for texting no voice calls yet on windows 7 phone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

But my problem is that we both have it installed and arent appearing in each others contact lists.. So we cant even text.

fits wrote: »
    But my problem is that we both have it installed and arent appearing in each others contact lists.. So we cant even text.

Viber works off contacts. So if somehow the number is entered in the wrong way it will rub it off. Try deleting the contact and making a new one. Once with the number starting 08xxxxxxxx and the other time if it doesn't work try +3538xxxxxxx.

Never really used either whatsapp or viber so could tell. There Viber team on boards. Might be good to hunt em down and PM them? Theres a Viber thread somewhere in the Android section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Send him an invite to viber or Whatsapp.

You can select anybody from your contacts. That may bridge the gap?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It too a while to pick up contacts for me. You could try leaving it open for 10/15 minutes, ideally when connected to wifi, and see if that helps.

You can finally migrate your account to a different country

Takes 6 weeks though for Microsoft to do it though...

http://www.liveside.net/2012/10/10/microsoft-finally-allows-xbox-live-account-migration-to-a-new-country/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

You can finally migrate your account to a different country

Takes 6 weeks though for Microsoft to do it though...

http://www.liveside.net/2012/10/10/microsoft-finally-allows-xbox-live-account-migration-to-a-new-country/

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm gone.

So long mediocrity, hello fully featured Microsoft Account.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm gone.

So long mediocrity, hello fully featured Microsoft Account.

Let me know do you still get access to your emails or is it just the Xbox part of it.

I want to migrate too. Just don't want to lose my emails :S

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It does sounds like there's some downsides though. You may lose access to some previous purchases (although that's probably more likely if you migrated from US to here), and the account becomes unavailable for the duration of the process.

http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-support-now-accepting-requests-to-change-microsoft-account-regions/

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Just seen that it wont be available for windows phone 7. Is this the start of being left behind, with 12 months left on my contract??

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

Down South, That is different you can stream music from SkyDrive right now, available with WP7.5.

Down South wrote: »
    Just seen that it wont be available for windows phone 7. Is this the start of being left behind, with 12 months left on my contract??

What phone do you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

I know its different I already use Skydrive option. I also use we7 and nokia music. Just thought it would be good to have Xbox Music integrated and doing it all, particularly for purchasing music.

I'm using a Lumia 800

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement