Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Nova 100FM On Air Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Does this mean the Boogie Bus will be back to bring us to Club Nova up in Rathfarnham ? Had my debs there in '83 !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Given those involved imaging is really poor. Heard them plugging launch party finite . Isn't that a private gig. Obviously my invite lost - thanks guys !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

mike65 wrote: »
    Don't say BASF, say TDK! Never rated BASF I have to say.

lol ah I just remember the the jingle! I took what I could get cassette tape wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well at least they've managed to pick one of the few U2 tracks worth a damn! When Love Comes to Town should be the next one then nothing ever again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Did they say there'll be a '7 after 7' -they're gonna play a full album with no ad's by an Australian band....

It'll be AC/DC I'd say....wonder what album....what if there are more than 7 tracks on the album !!!?

There's a 7 at 7 (7 tracks in a row uninterrupted) but the album is at 11pm - the "Classic Album at 11". http://nova.ie/show/nova-nights/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Stairway to Heaven

any thoughts from Alinton? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Was a bit disappointed with the "launch". Only caught the first few minutes, but from what I can gather, there wasn't much else! After all the hype and all. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ah c'mon, Jump, continuing with the cheesiness !

Can Heat of the Moment and Baker Street be far away? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Leyla after Jump and Stairway. Hehehe. Well lets hope they're just getting em outta the way early. But most likely they won't. I listen to Planet Rock a fair bit and they're often guilty of blasting out the old safe ones all the time. Though that said they also have Rick Wakeman doing a good show.

The test transmission was waaaaay better but I'd say the first day has to be a slight bit 'dumbed down' ....well at least that's what I'm hoping! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Really dunno what ye were expecting from a classic rock station on launch day other than playing it safe with some (cheesy) Dad rock that everybody knows (and, presumably, loves)!

Does exactly what it says on the tin, if you ask me...

Ah yeh, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining!!!! Far from it!!! :pac:

News? News?? Fecking BCI BAI

:mad: Ah now HERE!!! This is not classic rock.......fcuk off! (The stunning -Brewing up a storm)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Where is Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd etc...make it more GREBO!!!

I'm listening to Zenith now...Robin Trower, Steely Dan, Rolling Stones...quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HoJOs

Spencer Davis:), this could turn out a real nice day!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

:mad: Ah now HERE!!! This is not classic rock.......fcuk off! (The stunning -Brewing up a storm)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pretty sure all those bands will feature - Deep Purple already have

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

GOO GOO DOLLS Are playin now.... ah hear lads....wtf..?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FFS..you've listened for 2 hrs and you're givin out already.....5 pm now...i've heard all three bands....and more....:rolleyes:

hate all the ad breaks though....:mad:

Sids Not wrote: »
    FFS..you've listened for 2 hrs and you're givin out already.....5 pm now...i've heard all three bands....and more....:rolleyes:

hate all the ad breaks though....:mad:

I didn't hear Sabbath! Pink Floyd was played after I posted!

It's just that the test transmission was better. I'm giving it a chance though don't worry. It's still way better than anything on the airwaves though.

It is irritating though to hear some of my very pet hates played though like Coldplay, the Killers and all that MOR 'current' stuff. I would put both bands mentioned there as pop rather than rock. If they need to play modern they just played White Stripes, that's fine. The Classic stuff is not my problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

The Killers and the Kaiser Chiefs? BAH HUMBUG!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

still cant listen on line

7 after 7 = The Who :D

Edit: not 7 Who :confused: Ah well......... Joan Jett!!! :D:pac:

Joan Jett right now, was it the Whos 7 shortest songs :confused:

:mad::mad::mad: Aw piggin' PIGGERY!!!!

Ask me HOOP!!!

What is this shyte...? The Stereophonics or somesuch muck :mad::mad::mad:

*proper sulking now*

Mike send me that link for Zenith.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭prunudo

I have been listening on and off all afternoon, not as good as the test but still a dam sight better than the other drivel on most stations.

Just wondering is that the same Enda Murphy on now who used to do bits and peices on 2fm, filling in for presenters when they were away etc.

:mad::mad::mad: Aw piggin' PIGGERY!!!!

Ask me HOOP!!!

What is this shyte...? The Stereophonics or somesuch muck :mad::mad::mad:

*proper sulking now*

Mike send me that link for Zenith.

http://www.zenithclassicrock.com/ or paste http://89.238.146.140:7860/ into winamp if you are in a hurry. George Harrisons Wah Wah now on.

• Advertisement

Yeh, I suppose it was never gonna be like the test.

Yes, it's still a damn sight better than the rest of the offerings available.

But why play the shytest, most commercial song by the Cure live (Friday I'm in love) when they played one of the best on the test, 'A Forest' ....:confused:

People are sick of the lowest common denominator and that's what I thought this station would steer clear of? I mean people are sick of that muck on normal radio. I thought this station would be the antithesis of the spoonfed fare on other stations. I mean Phantom is supposed to be 'alternative' but it's almost more unlistenable than the rest.

We don't want another Phantom, I'm sickening myself moaning because I had such high hopes for these guys.

I'm gonna stick with it though. It's just a pity they dont give the listeners a bit more credit though. There's a market for the much more fearless approach they had during the test transmission. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement